The Body Shop Olive Soap

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Fantastic soap for cleaning brushes. I recently purchased a set of Zoeva eye brushes and was looking around for a great method to wash my brushes without drying them out.
I was tempted to try out the DIY brush cleaner on Makeupalley (Olive oil, dish washing detergent, vinegar method) but it was so wasteful with countless ingredients. Prior to this soap, I had only trusted Daiso Cleaning Sponge Detergent to clean my brushes and sponges. Nothing, and I mean nothing, else would clean my brushes as thoroughly as that detergent! Unfortunately, it is always sold out in Sydney and I had to search for an alternative.
This soap cleans my brushes with ease! I simply leave my block of soap in a soap container, wet my brush, swirl it into a bit of soap, then start swirling it on the back of my hands to get it to lather and clean. I rinse with water and each brush comes out looking new. I have dermatitis on my hands and this does not irritate my hands at all! I must have washed over 20+ brushes.
The real test came when I went to wash my Real Technique Buffing brush and Expert Face brush. In the past, I would have to wash it countless times to try to remove all the foundation residue deep in the bristles. Sometimes not all the residue would remove! As the bristles were so dense. Not with this soap - by the 2nd wash, they were clean!

I love that this method is cost effective. I flew through bottles of Daiso's detergent after 3 sessions of cleaning 20+ set of brushes. With the bar of soap, I rinse the soap at the end of my brush routine, leave it to dry and close the lid... The soap barely looks used! You only need the tiniest bit for your brush was it lathers beautifully.

I am assuming it is the organic olive oil in this soap that gets all the gunk out of my brushes, and rinses clean!

$4AUD, and will definitely repurchase!

The only con is, when you initially wet your brush and then swirl it into the soap to pick up soap.. It does dirty your soap - you will see foundation stains on your soap. I don't really care. I rinse my soap clean at the end of my brush cleaning.

Will try shea butter and other high oil content soaps next time! To compare which one removes gunk in less then 2 cleans!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a very good soap. It will leave your hands feeling very clean but not tight. It only costs about $5. The packaging it comes in is a simple plastic wrap that is easy to open. I use this for my bathroom sink. It's not moisturizing, so I also keep a hand lotion next to the sink for after I dry my hands. The only thing I don't like is the smell. In the future, I'll continue to purchase Body Shop soap, but not this particular scent.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

moisturizing and leaves my dry skin soft and smooth. the smell is decent, not strongly perfumed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This soap leaves my skin really soft and smooth and adds some extra moisture. I also like the modest smell (I detest fragrances that leave too artificial scent to my hands and body).

This is one of the very few The Body Shop products that I have ever repurchased and consider buying again in the future.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a great soap. Makes my easily irritated skin soft and well moisturized. I use this soap often.

This soap is made with organic olive oil to condition the skin. It is also vegetable based. It creates a nice lather and leves your skin feeling soft and clean. The soap also has a nice, fresh scent. You can usually get them Buy Two, Get One Free.