December 22, 2014 | 1632 users online

Skincare - Body - Avon - Skin So Soft Replenishing Dry Body Oil Spray in Soft & Fresh

rated 5.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2008 7:52:00 AM More reviews by dumpling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't care much for Avon- I admit to being a snob; their products do not interest me, Mark I would consider but I don't think it is available in the UK. Anyway, to get to the point this is the only thing I purchase from Avon as it works splendidly as a mosquito repellent (must be the soft & fresh fragrance) and is a less toxic alternative to DEET. I find this body oil spray very convenient as the bath/body oil comes in a huge bottle that is to heavy/cumbersome for holiday use though the later is better value for home use, but mossies aren't really an issue in the UK! Though I read somewhere that the Royal Marines order this stuff by the caseload for their training in Scottish Highlands which are notorious for midges. The spray is also easier to use as it is a 'dry' body oil, though I have stained a few chairs& silk dresses after liberally dousings of the stuff it is a lot less greasy than the bath oil. A zoologist pal turned me onto this, she took it with her to a remote African island when studying monkeys and didn't get any bites. I've mainly used this in Asia but I know it works as I am normally a magnet for all things flying & biting , but when I use this I am bite-free. I even use it on my young daughters as they are too little for chemical sprays. I am not crazy about the scent( i like the other skin so soft scents better- but this is the only one that works) though it is not offensive it's like a generic bath soap but it sure beats scary deet formulations and is very cheap.Curiously, this doesn't do much for my skin , it can make me flaky- , the bath oil version has much poorer quality ingredients like contain mineral oil but if you like baby oil & vaseline you may like that better.Or if you dislike an oly texture I'm told the shower gel and body lotion work well too, but they must be in the soft & fresh Skin So Soft scents.