August 27, 2014 | 1605 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Dream Liquid Mousse

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by fortworthfamous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Broke me out as well. Apparently me and maybelline don't get along... It covered really well. I turned to it when my skin was bad to cover my spots. The coverage was ok, a bit cakey, didn't last too long in the Texas heat and humidity. But every time I go back and give it a try it breaks me out! I think when companies try to do these kitschy consistencies (mousse, liquid powder, etc.) they add ingredients that are harsh on skin. Also, I'm just realizing the older I get I can't use cheap drugstore makeup anymore. My skin needs higher quality products, especially with a foundation that's sitting on your pores all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 7:33:00 AM More reviews by flashdanzer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first purchased this foundation I didn't think much of it. But recently I started applying my foundation with a flat kabuki foundation brush and have in turn found a new appreciation for Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse. It provided a good medium coverage and wears quite well if set with powder. This isn't my favourite liquid foundation but I think for the price it's still a good purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Tooooorrrrrrriiiiiiii

I hated this foundation. I wore it to school and it would last a few hours before coming off completely. It also makes my pores stand out and really shows off my pimples. My face looks really cakey and I would definitely not use this foundation again 😂

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by emman95

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I personally liked it and im surprised i did considering my awful luck with other maybelline foundations i have tried.

it looks light weight and natural on my dry skin and it stays that way through out the day. it is not drying and dose not accentuate any flaky areas i have; i do not powder it though and i make sure to will exfoliate and moisturize before applying it.
it is medium coverage; i do stipple the foundation on the areas i need extra coverage on. it is not sticky and will feel like skin after a while of application; it reminds me of the finish nars sheer glow gives me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by mlutebay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have an oily complexion and thought maybe the "powder-like finish" of this foundation would help alleviate some of the greasiness that seems to pop up on my face midday. However, this foundation turned my face into a greasy, makeup-y mess less than a couple hours after applying it. No foundation has ever made my skin so oily; the makeup literally melted off of my face! The same applies to the Dream Smooth Mousse that comes in the small, glass pot (this happens with any of the "mousse" products, really).

I love Maybeline, but this foundation just missed the mark for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by TropicEssence

I absolutely loved the name and look of this foundation when I saw it at the store. It sounded so perfect! I was wrong. Upon applying this foundation all over my face with my favorite foundation brush, I could see: all my imperfections stood out. Pores, bumps, fine lines.. Everything ! Everything that other foundations can hide. Like all Maybelline Foundations that I have tried, it was very Orangey-Pink for my Neutral skin. However, if I mix this with Loreal True Match foundation in W1, with this foundation in Light 4, it makes the perfect coverage and color for me. It's the only combo I'll ever use.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by emur

I hate this foundation! I don't like to be a hater but it just feels like I'm putting oil onto my face and it looks cakey! YAK!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite foundation ever. I am in between Light 1 and 2 (as usual, my skin is never a normal shade) and I add one pump of each and mix them together and they match my skin wonderfully. I have been as dark as Light 4 and I bought medium 1 to use as a contouring shade. There are quite a few shades in the light/medium/dark ranges, I think there are 12 in total. The formula is really creamy and not too runny. It tends to dry quickly once you pump it so it is best to work fast with your foundation brush/hands/sponge so that you can get enough for an application. I really like the pump because the nozzle locks so it won't leak out if you toss it in your makeup bag for traveling. The old bottle had a lid that went over the locking pump but now it is just the locking nozzle/pump which is nice because there are fewer lids to lose. I would say the formula is medium to full coverage, you could easily apply this to be full coverage with an extra layer. It blends well and doesn't settle into pores. I set it with powder because it can get a little shiny by the end of the day without powder. I have normal skin but get just a touch of oil on my forehead if I don't put any powder on. It lasts all day too, I use primer underneath but if you aren't constantly touching your face it lasts on its own. I definitely recommend this foundation as a nice, creamy, medium-to-full-coverage for normal to dry skin types. It is also affordable at about $9 a bottle and I have only used one whole bottle in the 5+ years I have used this foundation. Good stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by kateg432

This product was actually quite good. It was easy to apply and covered well. I used it for a whole year. Although, it was very shiny so I always had to set it with powder and it didn't last very long on my face. It didn't stay on well. The worst thing about this product was its packaging. The lid came off and it leaked everywhere, which I've heard has happened to quite a few other people. Aside from that it has been a good foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Fondness4Pie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this because in the ads it says it helped blurring the look of pores, which intrigued me right away since mine are enlarged! I purchased the lightest color for $8, but sadly it didn't match my tone and gave me more of an orangy color.

It's quite easy to work on, not to mention the pump makes it easy and less of a hassle to put on. Although as the days goes on, you will see it begin to dramatically fade, dry your skin and reveal flaws. It lasted for me about five to six hours and throughout the whole time wearing it, my skin felt very greasy and dirty, even though I washed it before putting this foundation on. Also, sorry I'm being very negative, but it caused me to break out more.

I hear good things about Maybelline Dream Air Mousse however!