The Body Shop Aloe Eye Defence

3.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Water, Cyclomethicone, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Betaine, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Panthenol, Glycerin, Myristamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Allantoin, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, p-Anisic Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Bisabolol, Sodium Hydroxide, Polygonum Fagopyrum (Buckwheat) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran Extract.

on 6/24/2015 12:32:00 PM

This serum is very soothing and does not irritate sensitive eyes. 90% of all eye care products irritate my eyes and make them tear uncontrollably. I can't tell you how many eye creams I've thrown out over the years - Aveda, Arbonne, Lancome, Elizabeth Arden, Biotherm, Kiels ... but I can always count on Body Shop to make products that don't irritate sensitive skin. This is not a cream though. It's a very light weight cooling eye serum that you can use under a day and night cream. For the most part, this serum just does a great of mildly hydrating and relaxing the delicate skin around your eyes without irritating it. Most of Body Shop's aloe line of skin care products do the same thing. The mask, cream, and eye serum soothes, restores, re-balances and relaxes your skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This eye cream didn't do anything for me at all. It does feel cool and soothing when you apply it, but it is very watery and not very hydrating.

on 1/23/2015 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't get puffiness under my eyes nor dark circles my only problem is wrinkles. I am in my late 20s and have wrinkles whenever I go to sunbed. This eye cream does help with my problem BUT since I started using it another issue occur - dark circles. Some eye creams have that effect so this is a no for me. Bought it to try out because of previous one I had from The Body Shop ELDERFLOWER UNPERFUMED EYE GEL. It was way better and perfect after sunbed because of it's cooling qualities.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I don't extremely love this product but I certainly don't hate it. The Body Shop are amazing for skincare because they use natural products. This cream is hydrating and keeps my eye area soft and primes it for concealer. It DOESN'T do anything for dark circles however, if you want a cream targeted at that then try their Vitamin E eye cream it helps greatly with those and improving the appearance plus it's a bit more hydrating, I tried this out on a whim but will be switching back to the Vitamin E cream after its all used up.

on 8/10/2014 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This has become and HG for me as a facial moisturizer. I tried this and the aloe protective serum at the store and decided to buy this since it was light and absorbed quickly. I'm in my 40s but have always had oily skin, so I like to stick to light moisturizers that absorb well. I found myself using this every morning. The downside is that at the regular price, $18 for a very small .5 oz pump, it is really overpriced. There are 1/2 price Groupons that appear periodically and their website often has products 40% off, so make sure to wait for a sale. I do like the pump dispenser a lot and the size makes it very conducive for travel.

I'm looking forward to trying out the other products in the Body Shop aloe line - going to the mall today to check them out. What I really like about their products is that, in addition to being natural and not testing on animals, they will make samples of any of their products so that you can take them home and try them out before buying them. I was also able to return and exchange a lotion that I tried there, too. I like the almond hand and nail cream, as well, a good medium weight lotion.

on 5/6/2013 10:16:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have dry-ish eyes, purple under-eyes due to bad sleeping schedule. (Though, I do get 8 hours of sleep, just not at night but in the morning due to my job.)

**Pros**
-- This is a good layer before you put on concealer.
-- It moisturizes the area for hours.
-- It has a little, good scent.
-- No allergic reaction, burning sensation, or anything like that. Not happened to me at least.
-- It does not contain any parabens. I don't know if all ingredients are safe for health, but it doesn't contain any parabens at least. Something pretty hard to find these days.
-- No oily feeling on the skin.
-- The Body Shop doesn't test on animals.

**Cons**
-- It has absolutely no effect on purple under-eyes. I've been using this product every day for months, usually twice a day - one in the morning and one in the evening. I had purple under eyes before I started using it, months later I still have purple under eyes.
-- Yes it does moisturize at some level but not do the best job. Every time I go to a cosmetic store, the employee can still tell I have dry eyes. (I remind you that I use this product every day.)

Final Word:
If you have normal skin, this could be a really good moisturizer for you. Especially if you're in your early/mid 20s or younger, no need to spend more money on an eye cream, go with this one and you'll be satisfied.
If you have dryish eye area and looking for a really good moisturizer, this isn't the best choice. But for this price, it doesn't do a bad job either. You can do like me and get a better (expensive) eye cream for skin care, and use this product when you need a layer before you put on eye make-up.

Quite a good little eye moisturizer, however as others said it won't do anything for lines or dark circles. Something interesting about my experiences with the aloe line though; each time I use a different product for the first time, it will feel awesomely tingly, cooling and refreshing, but the subsequent uses not so much (my skin getting used to it, I guess). Perhaps this is just me though. I particularly miss that sensation with this cream, it really woke me up! Still, it's nice and calming and doesn't irritate my skin at all.

Edit: recently started making the skin around my eyes flaky and crusty every time I used it. Haven't changed anything about my eye care routine, and sure enough after I stopped using this my eyes haven't been like that since. Hmmm...

on 7/4/2011 3:14:00 PM

This is just an ok product for me. It's a light unscented moisturizer that does it's job - moisturizing - but not much else. I need something that will help with fine lines, dark circles, etc. Unfortunately this isn't the product for me.

on 5/5/2011 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I know this is specifically marketed to people who feel they have sensitive skin. But I think its just marketing hype. It makes my eyes puffy and sore. I have experienced the same poor results for Lancome Zen eye gel (oh sorry Hydra Zen Neurocalm Eye Contour Gel if you please), also pushed at people with sensitive skin. Oh and the packaging is wasteful $$$ because a single press of the pump pours out too much. Enough for 3 - 4 uses, you might as well go and pay for a bottle that is 3 - 4 times the price and be done with it

on 4/3/2011 12:09:00 AM

I love this eye cream. I've tried so many different creams, some have resulted in mila, others have seriously dried out my eye area, others just didn't do a thing. This one is really calming, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, and does an awesome job moisturizing the eye area which has really reduced the look of fine lines around my former crepey eyes. I like that it's in a pump, easy to use. I rated it a 4/5 because although it's a great eye cream, it doesn't do anything extra like reduce under eye circles or anything, which some days I could really use!