November 28, 2014 | 1888 users online

Treatments (Eye) - The Body Shop - Aloe Eye Defence

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by ylrebmik7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This has become and HG for me as a facial moisturizer. I tried this and the aloe protective serum at the store and decided to buy this since it was light and absorbed quickly. I'm in my 40s but have always had oily skin, so I like to stick to light moisturizers that absorb well. I found myself using this every morning. The downside is that at the regular price, $18 for a very small .5 oz pump, it is really overpriced. There are 1/2 price Groupons that appear periodically and their website often has products 40% off, so make sure to wait for a sale. I do like the pump dispenser a lot and the size makes it very conducive for travel.

I'm looking forward to trying out the other products in the Body Shop aloe line - going to the mall today to check them out. What I really like about their products is that, in addition to being natural and not testing on animals, they will make samples of any of their products so that you can take them home and try them out before buying them. I was also able to return and exchange a lotion that I tried there, too. I like the almond hand and nail cream, as well, a good medium weight lotion.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by elifisiklar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have dry-ish eyes, purple under-eyes due to bad sleeping schedule. (Though, I do get 8 hours of sleep, just not at night but in the morning due to my job.)

**Pros**
-- This is a good layer before you put on concealer.
-- It moisturizes the area for hours.
-- It has a little, good scent.
-- No allergic reaction, burning sensation, or anything like that. Not happened to me at least.
-- It does not contain any parabens. I don't know if all ingredients are safe for health, but it doesn't contain any parabens at least. Something pretty hard to find these days.
-- No oily feeling on the skin.
-- The Body Shop doesn't test on animals.

**Cons**
-- It has absolutely no effect on purple under-eyes. I've been using this product every day for months, usually twice a day - one in the morning and one in the evening. I had purple under eyes before I started using it, months later I still have purple under eyes.
-- Yes it does moisturize at some level but not do the best job. Every time I go to a cosmetic store, the employee can still tell I have dry eyes. (I remind you that I use this product every day.)

Final Word:
If you have normal skin, this could be a really good moisturizer for you. Especially if you're in your early/mid 20s or younger, no need to spend more money on an eye cream, go with this one and you'll be satisfied.
If you have dryish eye area and looking for a really good moisturizer, this isn't the best choice. But for this price, it doesn't do a bad job either. You can do like me and get a better (expensive) eye cream for skin care, and use this product when you need a layer before you put on eye make-up.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by lostintheshadow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Quite a good little eye moisturizer, however as others said it won't do anything for lines or dark circles. Something interesting about my experiences with the aloe line though; each time I use a different product for the first time, it will feel awesomely tingly, cooling and refreshing, but the subsequent uses not so much (my skin getting used to it, I guess). Perhaps this is just me though. I particularly miss that sensation with this cream, it really woke me up! Still, it's nice and calming and doesn't irritate my skin at all.

Edit: recently started making the skin around my eyes flaky and crusty every time I used it. Haven't changed anything about my eye care routine, and sure enough after I stopped using this my eyes haven't been like that since. Hmmm...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is just an ok product for me. It's a light unscented moisturizer that does it's job - moisturizing - but not much else. I need something that will help with fine lines, dark circles, etc. Unfortunately this isn't the product for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know this is specifically marketed to people who feel they have sensitive skin. But I think its just marketing hype. It makes my eyes puffy and sore. I have experienced the same poor results for Lancome Zen eye gel (oh sorry Hydra Zen Neurocalm Eye Contour Gel if you please), also pushed at people with sensitive skin. Oh and the packaging is wasteful $$$ because a single press of the pump pours out too much. Enough for 3 - 4 uses, you might as well go and pay for a bottle that is 3 - 4 times the price and be done with it

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by LJMD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this eye cream. I've tried so many different creams, some have resulted in mila, others have seriously dried out my eye area, others just didn't do a thing. This one is really calming, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, and does an awesome job moisturizing the eye area which has really reduced the look of fine lines around my former crepey eyes. I like that it's in a pump, easy to use. I rated it a 4/5 because although it's a great eye cream, it doesn't do anything extra like reduce under eye circles or anything, which some days I could really use!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by cheermeup

Ok. I just purchased this product and have been using it for about 3 weeks now, every night and before i put on my concealer. I got to say, this was one amazing product. I have been looking for a good eye cream for a while now since i keep noticing those little lines around my eyes. however, after trying the Burt's Bees eye cream 32$ Can and not having any results, I got extremely disappointed until I saw this that is. This is the first The Body Shop skin product I own and the 17$ are totally worth it. It moisturizes very well, removes any flaky skin around my eyes and the little lines are way less noticeable. A must have! I used it as a face moisturizer as well and it is helping me get rid of some unexpected cystic acne ( I believe because of the Aloe Vera). Please do not hesitate to buy it. It works amazing and does not sting your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by celialw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This one in the combination with the Elderflower Unperfumed Eye Gel (also from The Body Shop) saved me when my eyes was really, really dry. It's a really great moisturizer for the area around the eyes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by kawanii

This aloe eye gel is a good moisturizing treatment for my eye because my eye dries up due to makeup. But every morning and night I apply this, my eye feels moisturized and safe from the makeup I put on and take off. I would repurchase this as a daily eye moisturizer but I'm still on the search!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by kf1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I suffer from eczema, and as a result can find that my eyes feel irritated and puffy in the morning if the skin surrounding them has flared up.

Aloe Eye Defence is the perfect wake-me-up, both physically and mentally - it's so cooling and really soothes the skin around the eyes. It's silky and not so thick that you use too much or oversaturate your eye area. Perfect for anyone who suffers from puffy eyes or dry skin.

Try putting it in the fridge overnight to really give you a pick-me-up in the morning.