The Body Shop Aloe Eye Defence

3.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Water, Cyclomethicone, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Betaine, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Panthenol, Glycerin, Myristamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Allantoin, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, p-Anisic Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Bisabolol, Sodium Hydroxide, Polygonum Fagopyrum (Buckwheat) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran Extract.

Lovely - good price (esp had a voucher code to get 40% off) and had a nice rich, texture which sinks into the skin well. Lovely & soothing for my eyes which had recently had an allergic reaction to a lash product. Like the pump dispenser too as much more hygienic. Would buy again.

I like that it's light enough to moisturize my eye area and not irritate it or give me milia. The pump is also hygienic, which I like. It doesn't do anything for brightening or dark circles though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product pleasantly surprised me! The skin around my eyes is very sensitive and I'm allergic to most eye creams, even the high-end brands. It's a miracle when I find something that doesn't irritate my eye area, provides a decent amount of hydration, and allows my concealer to glide on smoothly- and the Aloe Eye Defence does just that! This has a texture of a serum, and sinks in quickly to moisturise the delicate skin around and under my eyes. It also has a slight cooling effect on the skin. I haven't experienced any flaking at all, and this does a wonderful job at prepping my undereye area for concealer. I'm also a fan of the packaging as you can tell exactly how much is left in the bottle, and the pump dispenses a controllable amount so no product goes to waste. I'm happy with this product and will repurchase :)

Unlike TBS aloe toner, this eye lotion is wonderfully soothing it causes no stinging or irritation and it really calmed down the weird redness and flakeyness around my eye. Ive never used an eye cream before so i cant really compare how good it is to another eye product but it must have some hydrating qualities to reduce the dryness i had. As for dark circles and fine lines, this had no effect however if you are looking to PREVENT wrinkles in the future, a hydrating eye cream will definitely help prolong your skin's elasticity.

This serum is very soothing and does not irritate sensitive eyes. 90% of all eye care products irritate my eyes and make them tear uncontrollably. I can't tell you how many eye creams I've thrown out over the years - Aveda, Arbonne, Lancome, Elizabeth Arden, Biotherm, Kiels ... but I can always count on Body Shop to make products that don't irritate sensitive skin. This is not a cream though. It's a very light weight cooling eye serum that you can use under a day and night cream. For the most part, this serum just does a great of mildly hydrating and relaxing the delicate skin around your eyes without irritating it. Most of Body Shop's aloe line of skin care products do the same thing. The mask, cream, and eye serum soothes, restores, re-balances and relaxes your skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This eye cream didn't do anything for me at all. It does feel cool and soothing when you apply it, but it is very watery and not very hydrating.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't get puffiness under my eyes nor dark circles my only problem is wrinkles. I am in my late 20s and have wrinkles whenever I go to sunbed. This eye cream does help with my problem BUT since I started using it another issue occur - dark circles. Some eye creams have that effect so this is a no for me. Bought it to try out because of previous one I had from The Body Shop ELDERFLOWER UNPERFUMED EYE GEL. It was way better and perfect after sunbed because of it's cooling qualities.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I don't extremely love this product but I certainly don't hate it. The Body Shop are amazing for skincare because they use natural products. This cream is hydrating and keeps my eye area soft and primes it for concealer. It DOESN'T do anything for dark circles however, if you want a cream targeted at that then try their Vitamin E eye cream it helps greatly with those and improving the appearance plus it's a bit more hydrating, I tried this out on a whim but will be switching back to the Vitamin E cream after its all used up.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This has become and HG for me as a facial moisturizer. I tried this and the aloe protective serum at the store and decided to buy this since it was light and absorbed quickly. I'm in my 40s but have always had oily skin, so I like to stick to light moisturizers that absorb well. I found myself using this every morning. The downside is that at the regular price, $18 for a very small .5 oz pump, it is really overpriced. There are 1/2 price Groupons that appear periodically and their website often has products 40% off, so make sure to wait for a sale. I do like the pump dispenser a lot and the size makes it very conducive for travel.

I'm looking forward to trying out the other products in the Body Shop aloe line - going to the mall today to check them out. What I really like about their products is that, in addition to being natural and not testing on animals, they will make samples of any of their products so that you can take them home and try them out before buying them. I was also able to return and exchange a lotion that I tried there, too. I like the almond hand and nail cream, as well, a good medium weight lotion.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have dry-ish eyes, purple under-eyes due to bad sleeping schedule. (Though, I do get 8 hours of sleep, just not at night but in the morning due to my job.)

**Pros**
-- This is a good layer before you put on concealer.
-- It moisturizes the area for hours.
-- It has a little, good scent.
-- No allergic reaction, burning sensation, or anything like that. Not happened to me at least.
-- It does not contain any parabens. I don't know if all ingredients are safe for health, but it doesn't contain any parabens at least. Something pretty hard to find these days.
-- No oily feeling on the skin.
-- The Body Shop doesn't test on animals.

**Cons**
-- It has absolutely no effect on purple under-eyes. I've been using this product every day for months, usually twice a day - one in the morning and one in the evening. I had purple under eyes before I started using it, months later I still have purple under eyes.
-- Yes it does moisturize at some level but not do the best job. Every time I go to a cosmetic store, the employee can still tell I have dry eyes. (I remind you that I use this product every day.)

Final Word:
If you have normal skin, this could be a really good moisturizer for you. Especially if you're in your early/mid 20s or younger, no need to spend more money on an eye cream, go with this one and you'll be satisfied.
If you have dryish eye area and looking for a really good moisturizer, this isn't the best choice. But for this price, it doesn't do a bad job either. You can do like me and get a better (expensive) eye cream for skin care, and use this product when you need a layer before you put on eye make-up.