July 31, 2014 | 1506 users online

Powder - Rock & Republic - Exhibition Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by ticklemesteffie

I LOVE this product! I used it for my homecoming and it didn't give me any white overcast and made my complexion look better. I hit pan already and I'm saving it for special occasions now. I'm an Asian teenager and I have many scars and acne. This product doesn't break me out or anything.
    I got this item on sale for about $15, and the packaging is amazing! I love how the top wouldn't flip off so easily when I bring it in my bag. It also last for a long time too. But these items are discontinued and are extremely pricey. I would buy it again if it were cheaper, but not if they are over $20. Overall this product is my HG and I use it very sparingly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Smashboxbeauty

I received this product in a swap and I have to say, this is the best pressed powder I've ever tried. I read that this powder is 44$ normally. With this kind of quality, I would definitely pay that price for it. The packaging is wicked cool also. A bit bulky but I like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 3:55:00 AM More reviews by ANGELACUNG

I absolutely love this product. I got it for only 13 dollars on hautelook. However, if they don't have another event such as this I think I might even be willing to buy it for full price. THIS IS SERIOUSLY MY HG SETTING POWDER. It's not very good coverage, but it sets makeup very nicely and does pretty well with oil control. And it doesn't oxidize AT ALL. Make sure you get the right color though. It can either make you look amazing or dirty. I got it in suede and I would describe my skin color as a natural/buff beige. I'm extremely acne prone but this powder doesn't break me out like the other reviews said. Also, this makes my makeup last all day. I swear by it. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by calamityjane85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this powder! I have it in Satin and the coverage is nice, it feels so incredibly silky. It helps set my foundation and gives me a flawless finish. The compact itself is heavy and very luxurious. I would highly recomend! I use it everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by chinablaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this from Hautelook.com when they had there Rock & Republic sale on a few weeks ago. It was a great buy! Paid only $13.20 opposed to there regular $44 price. I got it in the shade Angora, which works perfectly for my NC50 skin tone. Its really lighweight, and it blends like a dream. Can be worn as a setting powder, or in my case a regular foundation powder since my face is blemish free. Even so, a little concealer on problem areas and then the powder would seal the deal. Luckily I purchased 2 because its definitely a keeper!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this from Hautelook for a steal. I would never have tried it for the reg price. I am Trinidad in Nars and nw44 in MAC and angora is perfect for me. It's so light that you can't feel it but its sets my moisture tint perfectly. It looks really light but when I put it on it blends perfect and doesn't give my skin that dead and ashy look I hate with most powder foundations., MAC included. If u can catch this on sale, go for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by bambooflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this powder in both Satin and Suede, and I think the two shades suit my medium/olive skin perfectly. But it doesn't matter if your color match is a little off - it is so finely milled and so smooth that it just blends into your skin. It does not break me out and I love this pressed powder.

The luxurious packaging only adds to the appeal of this product. The only thing I dislike about it is that it does not snap closed like most plastic pressed powder cases, so I end up carrying it in a little plastic bag just in case the magnetic closure opens. It's also very large, so it's a little cumbersome to carry around with you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am PPP with freckles and lots of redness on my face. I've been using mineral foundation for about 7 years and I've been happy with it. I tried the R&R pressed powder because there was a sale on hautelook.com and I got it for $13 when it normally sells for $44. I bought the lightest shade they sell called Silk. The color is light but it's yellow based which is perfect since I have so much redness. The powder is sheer, if you need heavy coverage, this isn't going to cover everything. I applied concealor to my problem areas first and then applied this powder over it. It gave a nice soft finish to my skin. It's matte but my skin looked airbrushed. You could still see my freckles which I liked but it gave my skin a luminous quaility that I haven't found before with other foundations. I didn't need a setting powder with this but I have dry skin and I don't have a problem with oily areas. After I applied it, my skin felt like velvet. It was so smooth and soft. My skin never feels this soft with foundation on. When hautelook.com has another R&R sale, I'm buying a couple more so I don't run out. I love this foundation. I heard R&R are phasing out their cosmetics line. I really hope they don't because everything I've tried so far, I have loved. This is a great cosmetics line.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by crispy80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fantastic powder! I love everything about this powder except for the packaging (same size as their blush) and that I have already hit pan :( I bought this in Chiffon and its a bit too dark for me (though I am admittedly pale---NW10-15), but it works great to set foundation and hasn't required any touch-ups throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by iwannabeakennedy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the sturdy big compacts that Rock and Republic has. The retail price is a bit steep, but Rock and Republic's perpetual sales make this product a steal. I bought Cashmere and I am NC35-42, depending on the season and amount of sun I have been getting; and it's a perfect match. Great finishing powder over foundation. Does not need much touching up after application. Color gets picked up easily by a brush and provides great light coverage. No breakouts or irritation.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No