Cover Girl Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Mascara - Black Pearl

3.2

on 4/30/2014 11:03:00 AM

I bought this because I wanted a very soft black, and this fits the bill. I had my doubts about the Cover Girl brand because I have not had much luck with it in the past, but I had a cash-equivalent coupon at CVS so I got it for free. I am surprised how much I like this mascara. I love the brush, the mascara applied nicely and easily, looked perfectly fine on, and wore perfectly fine all day. The outside corner of my right eye tends to water a bit, and I did get a tiny smudge there at some point, but that happens with any non-waterproof mascara, so this is not unusual.

For me, this is a very nice mascara for every day and a great mascara for travel or tossing in your purse, because it's not so expensive that you would curse if you happened to lose it.

I dunno about all the promises of eye brightening, etc. I pretty much ignored that from the get-go, so ... no expectations = no disappointments.

Separates lashes, not as dry as lash blast which is nice, has minimal shimmery effect, nice brush which is a little bit curved for easy application. Over all, a good product!

on 3/31/2013 11:01:00 PM

I have used both the green and blue exact eyelights mascara by Cover Girl and I really don't see a difference. The mascara itself has a slight colour to it, however, it did not highlight or emphasize my eye colour. I didn't like this mascara at all. :-(

on 1/4/2013 10:07:00 PM

This is my favourite new makeup find! It's incredibly easy to use thanks to its small wand and fairly dry formula. What makes this mascara unique is the glitter in it - I tend to prefer matte eyeshadows, but the glitter in the mascara is subtle enough to add just a hint of shimmer and really make my eyes pop. It also holds a curl all day, doesn't clump or flake off. Love, love, LOVE!!!

on 4/27/2012 5:16:00 PM

Walmart has a deal on these right now, It comes with the matching eyeshadows for abou $8. I dont really see the "pearl" effect on my lashes. However i do like the mascara itself. the brush is great and it doesnt flake or clump. I will probably try a different colour nxt time tho.

on 2/1/2012 11:02:00 AM

I used this mascara (the one for brown eyes) when this first came out & Rihanna was advertising it. Honestly, I kind of liked it. It wasn't that bad, & it's definitely way better than Lash Blast. The reason this mascara claims to "brighten your eyes" is because the mascara contains little glitters in it that are supposed to reflect light. Whether it really does or not, I don't know. The quality of the actual mascara itself was good. It lengthened well, & I don't really remember if it volumized well or not. It didn't really clump or flake on me either. It's been a while since I've used this, but I would probably buy this again. I agree with another reviewer that said this defines your eyelashes well, but this doesn't give you a dramatic effect. This is more for a natural look. I can't stand false advertising, but the reason I gave this a rating of 4/5 is because I think this mascara deserves more respect than it's getting. It's a good mascara & it's not the mascara's fault that Covergirl lied. Overall, I'm not too sure about the eye brightening claims, but the mascara was good quality.

on 1/12/2012 11:04:00 AM

Doesn't "enhance" my eye color at all, flakes easily (a real problem for me as I'm a contact lens wearer), and clumps when layered. I do like the packaging and the brush and the price is decent but that's about it.

on 12/10/2011 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This was a fairly average mascara, and certainly did not live up to the advertising hype. I didn't notice any effect for highlighting my eye color. To me, this mascara was very similar to other waterproof black mascaras (I got the waterproof version), such as the infamous Maybelline Great Lash. It gives the same spikey look that's not particularly lengthening or thickening compared to other mascara formulas out there today. Pass.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It pains me to give this mascara a 3/5 when I think it's really deserving of more than that. I will now explain. The main aspect of this mascara is the "eye brightening" claim. The ads, the commercials. Who hasn't been suckered into this mascara hoping it's gonna do something to make their eye colour stand out? It doesn't do any "eye brightening," just so you know. Nice thought though. I also need to take off a mark for Cover Girl's animal testing. (I purchased this mascara long before I ever went cruelty-free.) So other than these two negatives, the mascara is actually wonderful. It gives amazing lash separation, lengthens and holds a curl like a dream. I add a coat or two of my Prestige "My Biggest Lashes" mascara for added volume. My lashes look astonishing! Too bad about the animal testing, otherwise I'd repurchase.

on 10/24/2011 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

this mascara is not too bad; it doesn't clump, flake or smudge and it defines the lashes pretty well. But, if you are looking for the 'dramatic' effect in a mascara like me then this is not for you.

Popular Mascaras