December 20, 2014 | 1623 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Clarins Double Serum 38

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by idlejo

So far, this is the best serum I have found or at least which seems to work for my skin. Love the scent and it feels great on the skin. Absorbs quite well and definitely does seem to help hydrate and improve texture without break-outs. The negative points are the price and the packaging. Really does not seem to last as long as other brand serums of the same quantity? Not sure if this has something to do with the packaging or maybe it's the consistency. Overall, it works out very expensive. Also, heard a lot of negative points about the fact that this product contains mineral oil which puts me off slightly. However, my skin does seem to like it so I will probably re-purchase until something better comes along.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

At first, I thought this product was a little gimmicky. However, even though I've only used it a few times I can see a noticeable glow in my skin tone/appearance. It has a very similar effect to Tarte Marcuja oil. A 1 oz.bottle of this costs $85. A bottle of Tarte's oil is $46 for 1.7 oz. Generally, these two products have a very similar effect on my skin in comparison. Typically, I would apply this after cleansing, before moisturizing. I've always been a little weary of oily-type products since my skin has been extremely oily lately. This absorbs well and doesn't leave a greasy effect somehow. Overall, it's a nice product that's definitely not worth $85.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know if I would repurchase this, to be honest. I really liked the former version of this before the reformulation because I thought that it was much more moisturizing. This is still a great serum but I'm finding the price point too high for my budget at this time and I'm thinking that I might be able to find something workable at my health food store. This is a oily feeling serum that sinks in pretty quickly and definitely makes my skin look temporarily plumper because of its hydrating effects. I don't see or expect to see any other benefits from using this. I am a fan of most Clarins products and I like this too, but I don't love it like I did the old version and so I will continue to look. If I can't find what I want in another product, I will consider this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by OrsonWiggles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had high hopes for this serum, but was totally disappointed. Basically, it feels like a light oil....that you paid $85 dollars for. Also, no discernable impact on my skin AT ALL. I don't really know what else to say about it. It's grossly overpriced and I won't be repurchasing. Ugh. I feel gross that I paid so much money for it. Thank goodness there was a gift with purchase attached to it...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by suukyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For a similar price there are other serums that show better results.

The product hydrates my skin, but it leaves a thin shiny film on my face, and I don't have oily skin. It leaves a strange shiny look on my face if I don't wear makeup on top. My face breaks out very easily, so the serum also clogged my pores and created tiny whiteheads.

This serum doesn't do anything to help diminish the fine lines that are starting to show in my forehead. Clarins claimed that someone who's 25 can start using the serum. I'm 25, but this is not working for me. I honestly don't think if someone older would appreciate it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by angeldust777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

been using for a month now. oil consistency. one pump is enough. I'm 34 with dry sensitive skin and this makes me look radiant. my skin is plumper and brighter. I use in the morning. a bit pricey though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this - gimmicky and all - I have always had a soft spot for the Classic Double-Serum and yes, it works. Pricey but worth it.

Love.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by cleopatra6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok this is my second negative review. I used a whole bottle and i have to say that i didn't notice any difference in my skin. Waste of money. Those that claim that's hydrating - may be - to a certain extend but you can achieve this with products that cost much less. Never wasting money on this again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Kirplunk0

I love this i love this hydrates like no other

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I liked Double Serum more than I thought I would. Yes it has a oily consistency but it's lightweight and didn't break me out. It absorbs quickly so you can layer your moisturizer over it. Right now I'm using a thin layer of LRP Cicaplast baume (Euro version). The scent is light and not cloying. I get hints of geranium and something else. I've used this at night and in the morning under my makeup, but prefer it as a nighttime treatment. I wake up to smooth, glowing skin. I put "yes" for repurchase, but there are so many other anti-aging treatments I'd like to try I'm not sure I'll actually get around to Double Serum again.