MAC Cremesheen - Ravishing

4.2

on 4/8/2015 3:00:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This comes up peachy-orange on me, but looks lovely without being too scary orange! It's a clean light-bright colour that's perfect for my warm spring colouring and dyed dark copper hair, and actually looks natural-ish when on. For me it's a great everyday colour but I do have to be careful what I wear it with as this is most definitely peach and doesn't suit my pinky salmon/coral clothes. When I'm wearing a dress in a strong colour, like an orange-red, Ravishing stops my lips from looking washed out without competing for attention.

I often wear it with a flush of MAC Melba or Benefit Coralista blusher and something like MAC Naked Lunch eyeshadow with Max Factor Pearl Beige Masterpiece eyeshadow as an eye primer, for a peachy golden look. I can imagine it would also look good with smokey brown eyes.

I have been wanting to purchase this and finally did its pretty its a light peach color for spring/summer not an everyday lipstick in my opinion it does stand out and probably would draw compliments.

on 1/29/2015 3:49:00 AM

So i got my first (and probably one of the last - if i stick to my own promise) lipstick from MAC.

This colour is great for my skin tone - an NC25 chinese girl with brown eyes and rather thin lips. I love the bright peach coral colour and how it goes with all kinds of make up out there. It brightens up my skin (somewhat) and doesn't clash with any bright eye make up, so you are free to experiment and then just slip this lippie on when you have no more time to decide on what your lip colour should be. The staying power is alright - nothing special but nothing terrible either.

However, for the price, i would expect better quality lipstick. This one leaves my rather sensitive lips chapped and dried out if i apply it for two days in a row. I can feel the dryness immediate after application at times, and you had better not use this if you are already experiencing flaking lips because this will just bring out every flakey skin that you have hanging on your lips.

I don't even experience winter here in Singapore so i really dunno how i would even use it when i go overseas to colder weather.

So even though it is a really pretty colour, when this runs out, I will probably pick up either YSL or dior for a lipcolour that is similar to this. Please share with me if you have any recommendations!

on 1/28/2015 2:04:00 PM

This is a great orangey peach lipstick for people with yellow under tones -- it was more orange than i expected but it's not quite neon. Its a creme sheen so it isnt too drying. I will say that it isnt that natural looking so I probably wouldnt wear it to work (im a teacher), and if you are looking for a peach-based neutral that is more natural, try mocha which is a orangey browny kind of nude!

on 1/8/2015 4:39:00 PM

Been looking for a muted orangish brownish lippie. This is great, it brightens up the face without being bright itself, bc it has brown in it. I included a picture, if you have red lips like me it'll pull redder/brighter obvi, like in my pic (nothing primer can't fix). it's a very wearable daytime color. I have asian toned olive/yellow fair skin. Addicted to this color....

on 12/27/2014 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Nice soft peach. In my opinion I think I look better in peachy pinks than regular pink like a pink plaid. Goes on smooth and looks very nice. For reference I'm NC44 : rich ginger 5N1 in double wear

on 8/27/2014 9:34:00 PM

Pretty!! Love this colour SO much. I'm NW18, blond with blue eyes and I can wear it with virtually ANY makeup look. Make sure you prime your lips first as any dryish skin etc will stand out.

on 8/24/2014 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great lipstick, moisturizing, buildable coverage, pigmented and long wearing. But I'm on the fence about this particular colour. I have olive Pakistani skintone and on some days it looks great while on other days it looks way too pale. I find it looks best with a little face makeup like tinted moisturizer, concealer and mascara for a fresh spring look. Also love how ravishing looks with mac style blush but I can see it working with other peachy blushes as well. I'm not sure if I'd buy this again. Probably not because I do want to try other shades like see sheer and sushi kiss.

on 8/16/2014 4:54:00 AM

This is a perfect soft coral/apricot peach lipstick that is neither too bright or too pale. For reference my skin tone is NC15 - tending to go paler in winter, with blonde hair and pink/purple toned natural lip colour. I love to wear this lipstick with a dramatic eye look or find it looks just as great with a natural look. Looks especially good when wearing navy.

The formula is a just a little bit dry to first apply but nice and creamy once on but I find I do have to layer it on quite a bit to get complete coverage, any dry bits will really stick out with this lippy. This baby lasts the distance and does not need touching up as often as some other Mac lippies I have, it seems to last really well through food and drinks too.

This looks really pretty softened down and a little more muted layered over Creme' D'Nude. So pleased I bought this one as it looks good with Coralista Blush or Illamasqua Rude Blush and the apricot shadow from the Lime Crime Aquataenia Palette.

on 7/12/2014 4:59:00 AM

this is honestly my holy grail, all time favourite lipstick ever! the texture is so nice, i love the cremesheen finish! it lasts so long and dosent dry you're lips out whatsoever! its a sort of vibrant coral/red colour and it literally always looks flattering! i love the colour! the finish! the smell! the packaging! everything!- you cannot have a mac lipstick collection without ravishing! otherwise you're doing it wrong! i recommened this product a 10000%

Popular Lipsticks