July 26, 2014 | 964 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cremesheen - Ravishing

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 4:59:00 AM More reviews by chlodewick21

this is honestly my holy grail, all time favourite lipstick ever! the texture is so nice, i love the cremesheen finish! it lasts so long and dosent dry you're lips out whatsoever! its a sort of vibrant coral/red colour and it literally always looks flattering! i love the colour! the finish! the smell! the packaging! everything!- you cannot have a mac lipstick collection without ravishing! otherwise you're doing it wrong! i recommened this product a 10000%

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by PaulaBenoit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I like the color (it shows up on me as more of a soft peach shade than coral or orange) I find the lipstick hard to apply. The lipstick I received is quite dry, application is a bit of a challenge as the lipstick drags on my lips, giving me uneven coverage. It definitely doesn't apply like my other cremesheens. Not sure if I received a dud but if it was not for the formula I would give this a higher rating. Pretty color for summer though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by islandgirl8

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this color. It is everything that I thought MAC Flamingo was going to be. (Maybe Flamingo doesn't show up too well on me because I have pigmented lips.) Anyway, Ravishing is the PERFECT shade of peach / light coral. It's light, but darker than Flamingo. I get complements on it when I wear it. It is beautiful, flattering and is a perfect daytime color, when you are wearing orange, peach, browns or neutral colors.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by HKaren

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the color and thought it looked find when I tried it at the store. However, I'm very displeased with the one I brought home - it goes on unevenly and settles into the lines of my lips - which I don't normally have as a problem. That's why one should never trust the lighting at the mall! I can only use it on top of something else. Very disappointed. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by LIN

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a perfect natural looking coral. It is soft and neutral enough to go with lots of colors. Cremesheen never dries or cracks my lips, but you need to reapply fairly often.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by utopiachild71

This is a muted coral/ orange color. Don't be put off by the orange description, it is still very wearable and ideal for springtime. I purchased this after seeing it was a top mac lipstick on makeupgeek.com and I can see why. It's very pretty and flirty. Even my boyfriend said he liked my lip color and he rarely notices anything! ;) The only con to this lipstick is it can settle into lines on your lips so make you sure exfoliate and moisturize them with a lip balm or something and boom problem solved. I have worn this with a tan and without and still love how it looks.

Some gloss pairing suggestions:

Almay's lip gloss in "Apricot" for more of a coral color.
Revlon Colorburst gloss in "Peony" to pull more of the pinky peach color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 4:22:00 AM More reviews by plvcid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

being not much of a lipstick wearer (or risk taker) when I bought ravishing, I was hesitant. I'd only seen the colour on tan skin, had no idea whether oranges would even suit me, and wanted my first ever mac purchase to be successful. but since buying it I have not looked back. I never have to worry about it drying out, as it's a cremesheen finish, and the colour result is bright but not terrifyingly so. after such success with ravishing I've tried out several other similar shades and now find that oranges actually look best on me, so I'm really glad I stepped out of my comfort zone and bought it.

the only negative thing I have to say about it is that it does tend to wear off quite quickly, which can be annoying if you're out for the day/night and you've forgotten to bring it with you. but a lip liner underneath helps hold onto the colour quite well. I'm in love with this lippy and I think I always will be.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful coral orange color. I read reviews that it's for daily use, not too bright.. But on me it looked little too bright, too orange and very drying, and creases in my lips. I like the color, it's beautiful, however feels too dry, my lips started to feel almost itchy just after about 10 min. I have to use lip balm underneath. And still - I wish this lipstick was more creamy.
$15 is a lot for one lipstick that does not feel perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by MrsBaddieBrown

This is one of those colors I keep stocked. I carry one in my bag at all times and have one in the house. It's moisturizing and soft and great to grab anytime and it can be dressed up and worn down. It's not long lasting and I do reapply 3 times a day but I find it worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by prettygeeky

Not HG, but flattering and universal enough for everyday wear. Just a tad darker than I'd like it to be for my NC25 skin.