December 21, 2014 | 1417 users online

Scrubs - mark - Go with the Grain Exfoliating Beads - Adzuki bean and Rice Bran

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I bought these exfoliating beads to go with the mark "That's Deep" cleanser. The beads are packed kind of like a spice with a little lid on the top that swings open to allow the product to sprinkle out, however the lid doesn't snap closed. I rated the packaging quality a 3 due to this. If this is stored in the shower you could end up with wet product. Even in a damp climate, humidity could get into the jar. As far as how well the adzuki bean and rice bran beads work, it is very good at exfoliating. mark makes another version of this with larger beads that would be more harsh to delicate skin. Even these beads can be a bit harsh if you overdo it. The rice bran is pretty easy on the skin but the adzuki beans feel a bit scratchy. I feel like this does a good job and it can be used with any cleanser probably. I prefer to use this with my gel cleanser as the consistency mixes well with the beads and helps get it where I want it on my face. The end result is vibrant, squeaky clean skin. Super!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great exfoliator...this works great as a mix in to my hand scrub and foot scrub. This makes them baby soft and beautiful. For a great foot and hand scrub I like to mix this in with oatmeal and banana. My skin comes out so moisturized and looks so young. I also like to mix this with body scrubs as it does a great job with them too. What I don't like about this is taking it to the shower, as another reviewer said. Bad move. They will never be the same again. Do not do it. I also find the price quite amenable considering other scrubs of this caliber, or flexibility and cost quite a bit. And also, this works so well, without a doubt, that the price is small for what it can do. I wish it did come in a bigger packaging so that I didn't have to have 2 or 3 little packages of them at the same time. But even then I don't mind the price. MIf you come across it, give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by adudle00

I love this exfoliator! It comes in a little container with a spout (which I actually think is of poor quality-the only con) and you basically add some of the grains to whichever face wash you're using. I like the idea of this, because it so versatile. I can turn my regular face wash into an exfoliating one with these beads. Seriously a great idea!
Warning: Do NOT take this in the shower with you or let any water into the container! The beads with stick together and clump and never ever ever dry or be normal again! Other than that this is a great product! Love it and will continue to repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by MrsLayneStaley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After sampling Bobbi Brown's version, I knew I had to have this scrub. I was checking MUA reviews and found that mark has a dupe, so I ordered it first. BB's scrub is $40/0.99oz or 28g. mark's scrub is $9/0.65oz or 18.4g. Avon/mark always has special deals and free s&h, so it's a MUCH better deal. The only difference is that w/mark's scrub, you need to mix it w/ a cleanser to get lather, and it's not as fine. (They also offer a version in Cranberry-Pomegranate/Berry Grand Super beads). BB's scrub lathers well alone, though I still needed to follow w/ a seperate cleanser, to wash away all the little beads. mark's scrub is in a small jar w/ the center cut out, so it can be stored on top of their cleanser bottles, which is fine...though I prefer the look of BB's packaging. Since I'm not a huge fan of mark's gel cleanser, I use L'Oreal Skin Genesis gel cleanser w/ this. It leaves my face super soft, clean, and looking much clearer w/ less flakes. Highly recommend;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am totally addicted to adzuki beans used as a scrub. I found this in an Avon book and love it! I had no idea Avon sold this. Adzuki beans are hard to find in my "not really cutting edge" small town ... as reviewer below says, this is great because you can control the amount of scrub and you can mix with any cleanser ... I used Aveda Rosemary liquid soap, and it worked great. The adzuki beans seemed to make it lather even better. My only complaint is the jar is small, and it was around $8, so to me, that's expensive, and as reviewer below says, a shaker type bottle with holes as she decribes would be much better ... but I love it so much that I probably will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2008 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Pink_Starlette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This exfoliator is a neat idea because it allows the user to customize the amount of scrubies they get in their scrub! The scrubbies come in a jar about two and a half inches tall with a diameter of one and a half inches. There is a little spout on the top of the lid, much like the spout that you would find on a large cylinder container of salt. The spout is there to help you dispens the scrubbies. The idea is that the user can dump as much or as little of the scrub mixture as they want into their cleanser. This makes for a very satisfied exfoliation experience. There will never be too little or too many scrubbies.

Mark recommends this scrub mixture to be used with their Calming Effect cleanser. That's exactly what I used mine with. Although the grains in the scrub jar look very small and fine, they actually felt much more abrasive that I had realized they would be. So, just be aware that a little goes a long way. Also, the spout is a good idea, but when the cotnainer is brand new, and completely full, it's hard to control the amount of scrubbies that come out. I wish it had a shaker top like a can of parmeasan cheese! Those have a swivel closure to cover the shaker holes when the can is not in use.

Anywho, this exfoliting mixture is really a novel idea and I recommend it to anyone who wants to be able to custome mix the amoutn of exfoliation they get in a face scrub. It's also nice because it can beused with just about any cleanser. It's very versitile.