July 31, 2014 | 1642 users online

Powder - Bloom - Pure Mineral Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 6:01:00 AM More reviews by cwabby

Pros - decent coverage for my light acne scars
doesn't break me out

Cons - the packaging is a pain. Have to tap it a bunch of times to get just
a little powder out.
Only 3 shades light, medium and dark.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 1:54:00 AM More reviews by ticketsthisway

This is one of the best products I've used. I have combo/oily skin and i find nothing sits and stays on my skin as good as this product. The coverage is really amazing and will cover all imperfections with little or no need for concealer, whilst still looking natural. The fine mica in this product gives you a glow, without leaving you looking either too sparkly or completely flat like some competing products. I use the light colour during winter and the medium over summer, and my skin has never, ever been better.
The only issue i have with this product is that you get such a small amount in the tub! I find it goes on specials or promotions often, so stock up when that happens, makes it even more worthwhile!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by melonbaobao

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went on a search for a mineral powder foundation about half a year ago and I tested out several products from different brands. Settled on the Bloom one, as it was talc free. If you look on the back of several cheaper "mineral" makeup brands (cover girl, l'oreal, maybelline) it will list talc as an ingredient, which is a dirt cheap, man made filler.

The light shade is perfect for my light-medium asian skin. I stocked up when it was buy 2 products get one free so it worked out cheaper, but I agree with the previous comments, that there's not a lot of product in the tub. 3 grams, it lasts about 2 months when used 6 days a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by pandaeyes66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have purchased this powder multiple times.

I have NW20 skin and use light. It is probably slightly too dark for me so this may not be suitably for very pale girls. The colour range is quite limited.

It gives a nice soft glow to the skin. It may be used over foundation or on its own. I like to use it to set my foundation in summer, though it is a bit drying for my dry skin in winter. In winter it can sometimes cause caking on my skin.

I like atleast moderate coverage so this would be too sheer for me to use as a foundation on its own.

It is quite reasonably priced.

The packaging is cute, though it can be messy when transferring/dusting the powder onto the lid as it is quite small. I find the powder also spills into the lid quite a lot when travelling as it doesn't have any cover which can be inconvenient.

Overall this is still a lovely product so i may repurchase in future, though i would like to try the Laura Mercier powder before i buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2010 6:03:00 AM More reviews by ChildOfTheMoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:

+Shade "light" matches my summer skin tone nicely.
+Provides decent medium coverage.
+Not tested on animals.
+Very cute logo. :)

Cons:

-Amount of the product is ridiculously small.
-Expensive!
-Tiny pan with a tiny lid isn't ideal for working w/ a kabuki.
-Contains bismuth oxychloride which can be irritating.
-Only 5 shades available.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by ConversePrincess55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product about a month ago at Ulta when it was on clearance and I love this stuff! It evens out my skin tone very well and feels very natural. However, there are a few downsides. It doesn't have the best coverage, so I highly reccomend using concealer as well. The other downside is the packaging. It's difficult to get out. Also, it's hard to tap the excess off of my brush and onto the lid without some getting on my bathroom counter. Even with these minor drawbacks, I do plan on buying more!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by BrissyGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was my first mineral make-up purchase. Although I am happy with the coverage/colour there are two very big drawbacks with this foundation. The first is that it is so difficult to get the product out into the lid. You have a bang at it for a good minute to get enough to cover your whole face. Second drawback is that I've only had this foundation for maybe two months and I'm pretty much out. It does not last very long at all. Might not be as expensive as BE or some of the other brands out there but if you have to buy it twice as often it sort of defeats the purpose. Probably wouldn't buy this one again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2009 6:59:00 AM More reviews by madamlasher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was the first mineral make-up purchase ever for me.
The reason I was lured to buying this product was due to the special limited offer discount in which I got:
Mineral Make-up in fair
2 brushes, mineral and concealer
and a bronzer.
This was good value for 100AUD, however I wouldn't be repurchasing the mineral make up again.
I think the biggest draw back is the packaging. Not only does it seem a little of the stingy side, it's a bit of a annoyance to get out.
Now that it is running out I will be looking for another brand.
Also it came with a free make-up base, which is a cute extra although I don't think it does its job that well. It smells pretty though (Lavender).
The quality of the mineral make up is okay, it looks very nice when it has just been applied, but as soon as you get a bit hot or sweaty it gets an unattractive sheen.
Overall 3/5 for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2009 9:02:00 PM More reviews by spamdy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for a few weeks now and I'm pretty impressed. I only got started with mineral foundation after I tried the sample selection at Everday Minerals (which I'm also a fan of). For people who haven't tried mineral makeup and aren't convinced it really covers, it really does. I use to use powder to set my makeup and it never really dispursed any real colour, but mineral foundation is much more concentrated and really packs a punch, it really does cover those flaws I'm pretty impressed. The only thing I don't like about this Bloom foundation is that the packaging is abit too small, when I tap excess powder back into the container the foundation goes everywhere because the container isn't big enough. Other then that I do like it, will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by luna83me

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is my first purchase of Mineral Makeup and it is quite good. I like it much better than liquid foundation as my skin stays feeling fresh all day. I used the lightest colour which is a bit too dark for me and that's why I only gave it 4 lipsticks. It's easy to apply and gives adequate coverage, I set it with Avene spray as it looks a bit dry when first applied. But it eventually sets nicely without the spray anyway.

I'm not sure how other brands package their mineral makeup? It needs a few good bangs to get it throught the holes and onto the lid. I have to do this three times to cover my forehead then both cheeks and rest of face. I don't use it under my eyes as it seems too dry for this area, I just use my concealer before applying which blends in fine.

Because the colour seems a bit dark I will try other mineral brands but will definately come back if I can't find anything better as my skin looks and feels great all day!!

Edit: Along with another brand of mineral makeup (Prestige) this has totally stuffed up skin. Thanks to the horrid bismuth oxychloride I am now in damage control. I would not recommend this product for people who have concerns about their skin.