July 25, 2014 | 1968 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by cristinas16

I looove this product! I bought it a while ago.. it's the perfect natural lip color, it doesnt wash you out so... overall a really great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by mushimeow

Love this colour! An everyday wear. It's a dupe for MAC kinda sexy. Must have to the collection 💄

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by jinxybells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for an MLBB which wouldn't cost me too much money, so when I was running around the Internet, I saw pictures of people wearing Mauve It Over and it looked so perfect! And it is! It's the perfect MLBB for me. I would tell you my MAC skintone, but I've never been matched, so I'll just say that I have Asian skin with rather yellow undertones, and am not very fair.

It glides on very well and doesn't highlight any dryness on your lips. Lasts several hours but will come off if you swipe your lips with a tissue paper. Even then, it still leaves a soft stain. I would say it's a coral-pink nude that's just great for every day use. Doesn't stand out too much, but is very flattering. Another bonus is you don't have to worry about it slipping all over your lips, and it isn't drying either!

Have I mentioned it's very inexpensive? I bought it here for about 5 Euro on sale, regular price should be around 7+ Euro.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 4:19:00 AM More reviews by tjh246

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nude lipsticks make me look pale because of my Asian skin tone, but the darker colour of this one gives a really classy nude look that doesn't make me look sick. It goes on creamy and smooth but sets matte without drying out my lips too much. Every time I wear it I find something else I like about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by ikraa94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this lipstick! HG! this is my go-to lipstick no matter what makeup im wearing that day. Will repurchase, I'm a MAC nc40 for reference.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by nandavinesya

I really love with the color of this Mauve It Over. If you want to look natural but don't want to look pale, you can certainly use this color. It has a natural soft coral pinkish. It's just look like your natural lip color.

However, if you use this color and you take a picture maybe the color looks a little pale in the camera. But this one is really recommended for daily use and natural look!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by salzhu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I read all the positive reviews on this product and colour so when i saw it on sale i decided to snap it up.

First of all I do like this product, but it kind of disappointed me in a way. It was smooth and easy to apply onto the lips, but for some reason it accentuated and detailed all the fine lines on my lips that wouldnt be seen if i did not wear this lipstick. I would not dare to wear it out by itself due to that, so i feel it would be necessary to wear a lip gloss on top of it. I tried wearing a lipbalm underneath the lipstick too, but it just caused the lipstick to build up around my lips. Not good.

As for the colour, i think it looks alright on my medium/yellow skin (im asian) but it kind of washes me out. It makes me look like theres no colour on my face, so i also feel the need to put a little bit of blush on too.

Overall, this lipstick is a little bit of a hassle for me but i can understand why it received so many glowing reviews from other people. The product is alright and the colour is nice, just not as nice on me as it is on other people. So based on that, i would not be repurchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by sylveirettes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After tons of trials and errors, my search for the perfect nude is finally over! NYX SMLC in Stockholm used to be one but it dries out my lips and settles into fine lines so I tried to search for a similar color in lipstick form that has nicer quality. After researching, I bought Mauve it Over and fell in love at the first sight!

This lipstick is the most perfect MLBB for me (I'm around NC25-30 with strong yellow undertone for reference). The pinky nude color is so pretty and versatile; most nudes wash me out but never this one. It also glides on smoothly without tugging. The finish is not matte, like dry dry matte but more like velvety-satiny matte. It is so lightweight on the lips it almost feels like I don't wear anything at all. Best of all, the price is a winner.

Pros:
- Very pretty MLBB color for me
- Lightweight
- Velvety finish
- Doesn't dry out my lips
- Doesn't settle into fine lines
- No scent
- Great price
- Good staying power

Cons:
- Nothing!

Revlon tends to discontinue their nicest products but please please not this one. This lipstick is just perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by may93

On me this pulls way too orange and doesn't look flattering at all. Not repurchasing.

EDIT: So I gave it a couple weeks and Mauve It Over has officially reached HG status in my book. Note to all you ladies with olive skin and/or yellow undertones, and pigmented lips: this is your nude/mlbb lippie! Mauve It Over is a great nude on me because lightens my lips slightly, yet brightens up my face; I'm NC40 for reference. Most nude pink shades tend to look washed out against my warm complexion and very pigmented lips, but I also find that warmer pinks end up looking darker than I want. Mauve It Over is a great balance between the two. Also, the staying power is awesome. I'll be repurchasing!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

Heard this was a dupe for MAC's Kinda Sexy which is one of my most used and loved everyday lipsticks. I couldn't find Mauve it Over it in any drug store and finally found it at Ulta. I really dont think its a Dupe for Kinda Sexy at all so my review is based on that. It was more matte, more drying, which i could have put up with if the color was the same--it wasnt. This was more taupy not a pinky brown nude like Kinda Sexy.It settled in my dry winter lips too much and looked "off" unless i wore lip liner. I ended up returning it. Wish it worked, would have saved me $$ .I am nc30-35 for reference