November 22, 2014 | 2084 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - Naturally Ageless Day Lotion

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by 1Nell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*UPDATE*
I have to take away two lippies and restress the smell and the irritation it caused my eyes...I have never had such a bad reaction to a moisturizer. It seemed to get worse with every use. And red, swollen, and watering eyes doesn't exactly make a person look younger--so the whole point of the anti-aging effect seems null and void. If you have sensitive eyes, save your money and do not buy this product! I switched to the Burt's Bees radiance day cream, and so far it is much better.
---------------------------
I like this lotion. I definately agree that this leaves my skin looking more fresh and plump. It does also make the lines on my forehead less apparent. Don't get me wrong, this doesn't magically remove all your wrinkles, but it does appear to soften their appearance so that they don't seem so harsh. The lotion soaks in well and leaves what feels like a slightly waxy residue, which is very different, and not altogether unpleasant. I'm getting used to it and I imagine it to be a protective barrier to the elements. If you put it on at night, the waxiness is perfect when you want to give yourself a facial massage. It has the a slight slip without clogging your pores like oils can. The packaging is fantastic and I'm sure that when I've used the lotion up, I can reuse the bottle for something else.

Now for the drawbacks...the smell is REALLY strong. I consider myself pretty easy going about scent, and normally I don't mind strong scents...BUT...since having a baby, my eyes have gotten more and more sensitive and this irritates my eyes like no tomorrow. I can't apply this near them because they hurt, run, and go red. I don't think I will bother trying the eye cream in this series if the lotion affects me this way. I would definately buy again for the quality of the lotion, though long-term I don't know if my eyes can handle it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by mcksexy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I noticed a difference in my skin right away with this lotion. I put it on before I went to bed and woke up this morning with my skin looking more fresh and plump. My skin is chronically parched--and it's only gotten worse as I approach 40! This lotion has a wonderful texture that sinks right in, smells lovely. A decent price and generous amount, with a well-functioning pump. I'm going to keep seeing how this goes over more time and report in again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 4:52:00 AM More reviews by tropicalaqua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Moisturizing for combination/oily face, not too heavy or too night. It isn't greasy so it is good for day & night use. After my use with almost half the bottle or so (or when I actually took notice) with the night cream in the same line my lines on my forehead has nearly disappeared. Also, the packaging is easy, one pump for one use. Also, love the smell. I would prefer the Acne line for a day moisturizer though, just because it has salicylic acid in it for the blemishes & such.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Eustace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure if Burt's Bees was aiming this product at maturing skin but, if so, they haven't made it nearly moisturizing enough. The consistency is runny and after using it for about six weeks now, I find the skin on my cheeks is definitely drier. The companion product for night time use is fairly rich, so I am a little puzzled about this one. Pleasant fragrance and a nice bottle but just not effective. Not recommended.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2010 12:50:00 AM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have been using this entire line for two months, this is the worst product IMHO. It isn't rich enough for dry skin and despite being a day lotion contains no SPF. By the time i do serum lotion sunscreen and foundation, it starts to ball up and look awful. i'll use it up but wont re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by takbangkok

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My HG lotion ! finally !!!!!!! omg!
no skin care product made me this happy
I finally found the perfect moisturizer that is not too heavy and not too light
it moisturizes well without being greasy
and its packaging is so hygenic
ive used many highend brand skin care products but nothing beats this

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2009 12:21:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've only been using this product for a week, but overall I really like it so far. For as light as the consistency of this is, it hydrates really well. It smells amazing (I agree with the poster that compared it to Strawberry Pez!), and melts right into your skin. I would probably not use this in the summer because it may leave my skin a little too oily - but since we are approaching the colder months, I think this will be perfect. The only change in my skin I've noticed from one week of use is firmness. My skin seems to have more of a "bounce" to it than it did before using this lotion. I'm anxious to see how it will work on the fine lines on my forehead. If I continue to love this product I will also purchase the night cream and serum.

EDIT: since I've been using it for weeks now, I've noticed the fine lines on my forehead are becoming less noticeable...yay!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2009 12:45:00 PM More reviews by peppamint

First of all, EVEN THOUGH I wouldn't buy this again, that doesn't mean that this Day Lotion isn't worth trying. It just wasn't "WOW" enough for me to purchase it again.

It has a great texture--not too thick and greasy but not too light and watery. The scent is great, and as always, Burt's Bees=all natural.

It IS slightly more pricey (for a drugstore product) but I feel that they do give you quite a bit of lotion for the $25, so price-wise, it's okay.

This Day Lotion comes in a pump, which I love because it keeps the product sanitary (and thus the product lasts longer) and also because I just like using pumps.

I ONLY re-purchase items that are truly amazing/HG status. This Day Lotion, while a pretty good choice, is not that amazing. Not that you shouldn't try it--it's all natural, which is a niche that is lacking (but is starting to gain more attention.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 8:53:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really hesitant about spending twenty-five bucks on this, but I broke down and bought it. It smells really nice, like strawberry pez, and it is light enough for my oily skin. It really seems to soothe my face and doesn't break me out. So far, I am really loving it. Can't really tell if there is any anti-wrinkle benefits, but it functions beautifully as a good moisturizer.
Edit: This is my HG night moisturizer. I can even layer it under other night treatments. After two months of use, some of the fine lines around my eyes from years squinting from the sun have decreased.I look forward to using the serum next.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2008 6:31:00 AM More reviews by midorisour

After trying the Naturally Ageless Night Cream w/ great results... I thought I'd try the Day Lotion for something lighter. Unfortunately, it doesn't work quite as well. It has a nice, not too thick, lotion consistency and spreads nicely into the skin, but left my face feeling quite sticky. My face also broke out from it a few days later. Now I'm just mixing the night cream w/ toner to thin it out and get a lotion texture. So far, so good.