October 1, 2014 | 1907 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Penultimate Eye Liner - Rapidblack

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by patr0nads

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this product because I'm a huge fan of pen eyeliners, and constantly wear winged eyeliner.

Having some experience with pen eyeliners, I should have seen a red light when I noticed the chunky tip of this particular pen, but I thought "I can probably work with this."

WRONG! This is by far the worst eyeliner I've ever spent my money on. Not only is it nearly impossible to create relatively thin lines, this eyeliner isn't true to the name "Rapid Black" at all! It's more or less a dark grey that you have to swipe over repeatedly to even achieve a dull black.

I tried creating a wing seven different times, and each time was a disaster. Keep in mind that I do have experience with pen eyeliners, and this just didn't work for me at all.

Save your money, or check out Physician's Formula's Serum Boosting Eyeliner if you're interested in a quality pen eyeliner.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by MsAdrianaNoelle

I went to the MAC counter looking for the normal black eyeliner. The saleswoman put the bullet proof black eyeliner on one eye and the penultimate on the other. After thinking about it, I decided to get this one, and knew right after I left the store that I would regret my splurge purchase.

Later that day after I went swimming with both eye liners on, I saw that the bullet poof eyeliner hadn't moved AT ALL, but the penultimate had smeared all over the side of my face and took some rubbing to get it off. Come the next day when I went to work, the eyeliner went on with no hassle and stayed on throughout my shift at work. Two days after purchasing this eyeliner, I tried to see how it would go....one word...TERRIBLE. I had a doctors appointment, and this eyeliner had smudged all over my eyes, and was a pain in the butt to remove without having to take off all my makeup.

I'm going to the mall this weekend, and getting my $21 back and buying Urban Decay Eyeliner. This is the one time that I was actually disappointed with MAC since my mom had been using it since she was about my age and so had I when I started wearing makeup a few years ago. The price is absolutely ridiculous when you can get pen eyeliner at your local pharmacy for $6-$10 that will actually last and not be such a nuisance in your everyday life.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Barbirivera

I hate this product with a passion. I went to MAC looking for a liquid eyeliner and the saleswoman recommended this one because it should be easier to use as it is a pen. I am from Chile so I can't buy Stila products and I've read many awesome reviews of their pen eyeliner so I thought this could be a dupe. Big mistake, BIG MISTAKE. Yes, it is easy to use, the pen shape is very comfortable (excellent for beginners) but it has ZERO pigment. You have to go over the same place many times to get a black line and if you dare to use this over eyeshadow, it's gone! I think I got 5 uses out of this pen before it lost all the pigment and dried out. Aweful. Don't do it, go for MAC's Superslick Liquid Eye Liner. You've been warned!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2014 3:42:00 AM More reviews by cjap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I've tried this product for about a month or so to make sure i didn't jump to conclusions.

After testing it, i really can't say i like it. From reading the other posts, I believed I had the same concerns.

The pen tip is great, but it doesn't put on enough product so i have to try and apply it over and over again. Its been a great help on how to perfect precision, but the practice doesn't out-way the cost of the product.

I will not buy this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Tasha291

I've used many eyeliners of various types for fifteen years. I bought this because it had a firmer tip than the pen eyeliner I had been using before (stila) and thought it would help with precision. While it is more precise, there is basically no pigment...so precision is pointless when you have to put several layers on allowing for more chance of mistakes and smudging.

Will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by marianam14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this eyeliner because the seller of MAC advised me that this is ideal for beginners like me in the art of eye liner.
It's very easy to use because it is in pen and the felt applicator adapts very easily to the shape of the eyelid.
However this eyeliner hasn't the finish and the pigmentation of a professional eye liner.
This is being the ideal for me to improve my technique but the next eye liner that I will buy gonna be a liquid eyeliner.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Imgiovanella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

It doesnt stay all day, just a few hours. But i love the way the brush follow de shape of ur eye so perfectly. Totally cool for beginners.. But i prefer something more professional for special occasions.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have the MAC Wonder Woman Penultimate Eyeliner in Rapidblack (which looks like a jumbo magic marker), as well as a smaller normal version. Both are felt tip, and neither was a good investment.

The normal sized version is not very pigmented and it takes a long time to dry. You have to layer it in order do get a dark line, but you're more likely to smear rather than get a good line. It applies unevenly no matter how skilled you are.

The jumbo sized Wonder Woman version is actually much more pigmented, but the marker tip is so large it's impossible to use accurately. However, in choosing between a larger size and smaller size, the product works better with a larger size felt tip.

I would NEVER use this eyeliner over a finished eye look. The risk of messing up is just too high. The liner doesn't dry quick enough. If the tip is small, the pigment does not come out as strong. If you use the larger version, the pigment is strong but the likelihood of messing up is very high.

I have used this eyeliner first, before eyeshadow or primer, and I got better results because I could go back and remove areas where the felt tip applied the eyeliner unevenly . However, within a few hours, the liner transferred, faded, and wore off. If your eyes water at all, forget it, it's going to run like crazy.

I have uploaded a photo to show the finished look on the eye. This liner doesn't stand a chance against MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack or even Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black.

A felt tip liner is supposed to be convenient, but it takes way more time to fix the mistakes of this liner than it would to just use a gel liner and brush. This liner is a waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by koreanabahnana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan of felt tip eyeliners because they are easy to use. I am working on my second one at the moment and I am confused about how I feel about this product. My first purchase of this product was in June 2012, last year, and believe it or not, the product lasted me about 10 months, given the fact that this was my daily go-to eyeliner.I did store this product by putting it upside down. The packaging is great, it looks like a pen with a lid.The pigmentation was great, texture felt smooth and flexible, and there was no scent, and most importantly, long wearing. I loved it so much that I decided to buy a second one when I sensed the felt tip going dry. However, the second Rapidblack has been a disappointment so far. On my first try, I could barely draw a line on my lash line. I had to press the felt tip really hard to see the color payoff,which I do not like doing to my sensitive eyes. After first couple of uses, I stopped pressing so hard to get the color to come out, but I still have to push hard instead of having the pen glide on my eyes, like it should. I feel like I would repurchase this product because my first Rapidblack was amazing and surprisingly very long-lasting. I feel like or I hope I picked out a dried out Rapidblack out of all the regular ones.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by muneca217

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Not pigmented at all.