August 21, 2014 | 1846 users online

Powder - Christian Dior - DiorSkin x4 Control Pore Refining Compact

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by TrangNguyen93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Even its smooth, soft for my sensitive skin however the coverage ability doesnt seem work well. After applying Dior x4 powder i need to use mineral spray and wait for a while when foundation and powder have been blended or I still see my pores. It's actually not a suitable powder for oily skin. btw, I use Dior x4 010 tone.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by missdahlia

This is a terrible product. I am an asian with very oily skin and my skin gets oily in less than an hour after applying this foundation. The only saving grace about this product is the lovely case. Will not buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 7:10:00 AM More reviews by christineneogoh

I bought this in 021. It's a tad light for my NC 25 skin. However, throughout the day, it oxidizes to become my actual skin color. Upon application, the powder seemed to float on my nose but adheres very well to the other areas of my skin. It covers the pores on my cheeks well and the skin around that area appears to be smooth and nice.

On its own wIthout any makeup base, it doesn't adhere to my skin and was unable to cover any redness or scars. The powder when felt with my fingers was buttery smooth but when it touches my skin it, I feel that my ZA / SANA powder feels much smoother.

Oil control wise, I do not see any significant difference. I still need to blot 2x a day. Not too impressive in my opinion.

Despite the mediocre performance of the product, I still love the casing that this powder comes in. Silver colored Dior wordings embossed on a classic blue case. The case Has the surface area of a credit card and about an inch thick. I do not like the accompanying sponge as I feel that it doesn't spread the powder evenly.

Having given my two cents worth, I will not be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2011 9:46:00 AM More reviews by chingchingcat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's dry for me, I cannot put it on the area near my nose. Clog my pores and looks heavy.

It works better on my cheeks though, good coverage.

Overall, I like its function in smoothing out pores but it's pricey, too dry and heavy.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by lilpea

Not good as a fdt but excellent as a setting and touch up powder. I use over a sheer liq fdt and it gives a little extra coverage as well as blotting off shine. I would buy again to use as a pressed powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by somegal786

first off i really like Dior's liquid foundation. i wanted a compact foundation for a fast application especially during travelling and had high hopes on their powder but it was a disappointment.i have a combination skin and this powder does nothing to control my oil on my t-zone. after 3 to 4 hours of application my my skin looks shiny especially on the t-zone area. i was really surprised as the SA told me it was the best for oil control. it only gives medium coverage. it was a total waste of my money. i would never repurchase it

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2009 10:53:00 AM More reviews by mscolor

i have been using DiorSkin x3 before it was discontinued and replaced by x4.. i was told by the SA that this was a improved version (?) was surprised as i really liked the x3 and didnt think that any further improvements were required..(used for ~ 3 years?) the "x" series has the same softness n finess in the powder that makes u feel that u are putting 'luxury' to ur face! LOL and i really feels that it minimize ur pores and do control oil to a certain extend.. i'm a long wearer (easily >12hrs) and i dislike touching up (oil dirt dust etc) so this seems to work rather well although it will kinda of melt in the late evening which is very forgivable..

then i continued with x4.. liked it but somehw feels different? doesnt control oil as well but still provides same finesse and blending capability..will continue to use it until smtg else wow me away as this is still one of the better series i have tried in all my experiments with compact powders..

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2008 10:45:00 AM More reviews by azaleadeez

Smoothes out pores, provides medium coverage and doesn't oxidize on my skin. But this does nothing at controlling oil. And the scary part is if my skin does get oily, this foundation kinda disappears revealing my big pores and redness. I don't like having to worry about the look of my skin when I've already used foundation.