OPI DS Coronation

on 4/27/2013 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

DS Coronation really surprised me for its covering power and holographic effect, once on my nails. I don't like, usually, light-shaded polish, but this one is surely an ecception, because of its very clean and classy looking, also on my skin tone. The lasting is also remarkable, even improved (and so shiness!) by using a good top coat.
I thought it was useful for layering on a plain color, but it is amazing also by itself, because the diamond micro-shimmers suspended in its clear base are very dense and so it makes possible reachieng a full opacity only with 2 coats. I even suggest to use, as base, OPI Ridge Filler, because the nude-milky layer it forms, once dried, (faster than you think!) is a perfect base to enhance the silver, holographic, color that you expect from the first glance to the bottle of this polish.
I'd surely re-purchase it!

on 3/19/2013 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love it. I feel like there are ten mirrors for Snow White's evil step mother to ask questions into. Plus the sparkle distracts me when I'm typing in a way that makes my day better :)

on 1/26/2013 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Intense, tiny tiny holo glitter, looks gray-silver and is gorgeous. What I like about this particular color is you can make it as opaque as you want, depending on the number of coats applied. I love this polish! I also love the name -Coronation-. I actually got it in honor of QEII, not kidding. Long Live the Queen! (BTW, I'm American but have always been an Anglophile:)
This is definitely one of OPI's prettiest polishes, especially within the DS range.

on 12/19/2011 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a color which you can call as so so color.
yeah it's not smashing color, but eye catching enough if you wear it for office look.
It's just more like nude glittery color for me if you swatch 1 coat.
If you want to wear it a bit thicker, then 2-3 coats will do.
And the hologram effect only works in direct sunlight (guess will do on beach).
If it's only lamp light, it just looks like a glittery color.
But I just notice, that micro-glitter has a purple effect.
As some friends told me it was very pale purple on my nail.
Yeah, it has hint of purple light.

on 8/19/2011 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this nail polish because I looked at some swatches online and it seemed to be a good, thick glitter polish, but when I got it in and put it on my nails it was very sheer and did not look anything like the other pictures people posted. I dont know if it was just mine or what, but if you're looking for a real solid silver glitter polish, this one is not it. Its very sheer.

I reallly wanted to love this polish. Um, you have to do 3 coats to make it look decent. It goes on smooth. However, the sparkle doesn't wow me like I want it to. I actually like it in nondaylight better than I do in daylight. In daylight the glitter looks kind of cheap to me. It chips really easily too. I still want to try more of the DS polishes. From what I've read on here some of the others are better.

on 4/12/2011 11:26:00 PM

I'm obsessed with holos, but this one disappoints. It's only holo in certain lighting, and even then, I've seen way better. In many other types of lighting, it looks like a dull, drab grayish color. I bought this online after seeing pics on mua. If I had seen it in person beforehand, I would have passed.

on 1/2/2011 4:42:00 AM

First up, would only NOT buy again because nail polish lasts forever as I usually only do my toenails and I get over something before it runs out.

I bought this for something a bit bling and Christmassy. It looks good, but not smashing. Agree, the holographic is pretty cool (even for an oldie like me) but it only really shows in sunlight so I was a little disappointed that it just looked silver at evening functions.

Stays on well, no chipping, need 3 coats for full coverage (like most).

on 8/29/2010 10:58:00 PM

shining power refract light and make shining with excellent effect.
fit well for pub night~

on 8/29/2010 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got this in a swap and I must say I love it!!!! I am a big nail polish fan. I must get me another bottle my HG! Its not like any other glitter like polishes. It reminds me of those bubble like stickers we use to get in the 80's. lol....Now If I can just find the gold polish like this!

Top Rated OPI Products