April 19, 2014 | 910 users online

Lip Gloss - C.O. Bigelow - Vitamin Mentha Lip Quad

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Jenna6686

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this quad! I love the minty flavor and the colors are, for the most part, really pretty. The only one I'm not crazy about is the pink, but that's probably just because I've never been a big fan of the color on lips. For a pink though, it's decent. Not too light. The colors all have a nice shimmer and gloss, and although they are described as sheer, they aren't so sheer that they barely leave any color. The darkest color, a deep reddish brown color, does show up very well. I also like that it treats chapped lips while making them look great. But my one complaint is that there's no tiny lip brush included! This quad is begging for a lip brush, it's just not the kind you want to use your fingers with for some reason.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2008 6:06:00 PM More reviews by TheGlitterHunter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ah, Mentha...I thought I could quit you, but I just came crawling back when I saw this palette. If you're always on the lookout for tinted balms like I am, you're gonna love this.
The Vitamin Mentha Lip Quad is a black plastic compact, containing four pans of tinted lip balm, each about the size of a quarter. There's also a nice-sized mirror built into the lid. The compact itself is quite sturdy, and the mirror is a very nice touch--it really comes in handy when you need to re-apply!
On to the actual balms. All four have a scent that's similar to candy canes, but not as sugary. Two are shades from the regular line, while the other two are exclusive to the Lip Quad. The shades from the regular line are Glacial Mint (clear and frosty with multicolored sparkles) and Baby Pink Mint (a semi-sheer light pink somewhere between cotton candy and rose). The exclusive shades are called Peachy Mint (a sheer, peachy-tan nude) and Ruby Mint (a semi-sheer, berry-toned red). Like all tinted lip balms, the lasting power isn't the best; I'd say about 45 minutes tops. I'd still repurchase this, though, since it's such a nice set! :)