November 24, 2014 | 1923 users online

Masks - Homemade Dead Sea Mud Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by snibbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Dead sea mud masks work really well for me. Since my skin is so oily I can use a light layer every other day in my routine. It really purifies the skin and makes it so soft. I always use a honey and cinnamon scrub afterwards to make sure anything the mask picks up does not stay on the surface of my skin.

I have been using the best bath store brand but since that store closed I have picked out a couple to try on Etsy once my jar is gone. One is from BlackSparrowSoaps and the other is from SandyLandStudios and both are $10 and $15. Very inexpensive for such a pure and simple product! Both are generous 8oz. jars and these shops have the best buy that I have seen on Etsy as far as dead sea mud masks.

Whenever I get lazy and stop using this mask I can really tell the difference in the quality of my skin. I am 26 but I still break out and I have a lot of post acne marks and redness. This helps a bunch!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by iszeto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought a 500 gram container for $11 on newdirectionsaromatics.ca and this is a superb mask with a high concentration of minerals and salt from the Dead Sea. I have had oily skin all my life and it needs regular detoxifying and deep cleaning. Even my daily cleanser, Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash, leaves an accumulation on my skin over the week. I apply a thin layer of this mask, and let it dry (about 20 mins). I can see the mask soaking up the oily spots on my skin! Some quick splashes of water and it's all rinsed off. The mud detoxifies and my skin looks brighter, smoother and the pores are cleaned out and smaller. I think this natural mud is vastly superior to masks that are full of chemicals, dyes, fragrances, etc. It's powerful and effective. My skin is less oily the next day and my makeup lasts longer and sits on my smoother skin better. I tried the Saint Helene Mint Julep mask , and while it's good, I hate the sulphur smell residue on my face and hairline after. Dead Sea Mineral Mud is way better. I would only recommend this for oily skins. This would be too strong on dry and delicate skins.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Calliopi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought 100% dead sea mud from arganashop.biz & it is AMAZING for my problem skin. Works better than any mud/clay mask I've tried. It is VERY cleansing and intense. Do not make the mistake of exfoliating before you use pure dead sea mud. It feels very active on the skin. I exfoliated the night before I used this mud mask w/ PC 2% BHA and omg my face got burnt! The pain was.... well, painful! So don't exfoliate before use. Other than that warning this is a fab deep pore cleansing mask/exfoliator that I recommend everyone try(unless you have very sensitive skin). This mud also has a grainy-ness to it that makes it a great all-natural 2-in-1 product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by drewva

Dead Sea Mud Mask by Pure & Essential Minerals
This is a relatively new product but has rave reviews from buyers at Amazon. I purchased a couple of months ago. This product has saved me a ton of money at the dermotologist's office and the spa. It's less than $25 for a 6 oz jar which gives enough for 30 to 40 mud mask treatments. On first use, my skin looked like I had botox (my wrinkles were all smoothed out) and/or a great skin peel. Tightened and lifted. Refined pores, evened skin color and imperfections. Over 5-6 weeks, using once or twice a week, my skin looks clearer, more refined, not dry or flaky, only need a little bit of foundation or powder for a flawless look. My skin even looks good without make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by mayaglover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Make my skin soooooo smooothhhh, love it. Best mask ever, watchout if you have acne prone skin bcos it tend to make skin break out after first use

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Chicagobabe89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Last summer, I read about the benefits of dead sea mud application to the skin. The minerals in the mud are supposed to draw out toxins from the skin and give a more radiant appearance. I ordered a container of pure dead sea mud, and I really like it. I have used it solely on my face instead of always using my Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask, and my face/pores do feel cleaner. The mud does smell as I expected, but the smell subsides when starts drying.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by ReenBean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was told that this the best brand to buy in respect of Dead Sea Salt products but despite all the promised benefits of all the different minerals and salts, I found this to be rather average. I didn’t get any particularly great results besides a temporary tightening of my pores which is a given for any mud mask.

Would not re-purchase. Instead, my HG mask is Mask of Magnaminty by Lush which I would recommend to any oily girls out there…