November 23, 2014 | 1974 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - H.I.P. Color Presso - Swanky 180

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by sassylatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this because it was in the clearance section for $1.00. It wasn't old or returned or anything, so I was lucky. For just $1.00 I don't want to complain too much. The color lasts and it is very bold (on the up side), but it is sticky and doesn't go with my complexion. It's not a horrible product, but I wouldn't think about making it a staple in my make up routine.
If you find it on sale it may be worth a try. If not, you can probably do without it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2009 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Karaokee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really liked the concept of this gloss, so I bought it in this color and in spunky. I really don't like the consistency, and it was a tad bit messy to use. I'm rather new to makeup, but I really think this had bad color payoff. I don't recommend it, cause it was kind of expensive for the quality. But I love the other HIP Products!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

This is a really gimmicky product and not worth the money.
The packaging is awkward to use... the colors are NOT highly pigmented... it's kind of expensive. I will not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2009 8:29:00 AM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The darker color in this looks like a lighter version of NARS Risky Business on my lips. That's great, because I've heard that the NARS lip glosses go bad rather quickly. (I hope it's not true, as I love Risky Business.) Both are gorgeous colors that look great on my pigmented lips. NW20 coloring. One lippie taken off for an icky added fragrance. I love the applicator. It's not for precise application, granted, but it is much more hygenic than a wand. You can actually wipe it clean, and whatever is on your lips (bacteria) won't be introduced into the whole pkg. Great job, L'Oreal!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2008 2:31:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I found these in a new display at Walgreens. There are about 10 or so different shades, and the concept is that there are 2 complementing gloss colors that you can wear together or separately. There are two separate squeezable clear chambers with 2 different colors, and they're encased by black plastic. When you open the top, there is a wide, flat slant tip with 2 different holes to dispense each color. The packaging sort of reminds me of a miniature version of Cover Girl's Outlast foundation with the primer.

I had a hard time deciding what color to get, since there were so many choices, but I ended up getting Swanky, since it was the one that Doutzen Kroes was allegedly wearing in the picture. This two colors in this set are a light, pearly-peach and a bright, flamingo-ish pink with shimmer. Fortunately, the bright pink doesn't go on as bright as, say, MAC Pink Poodle or Malibu Barbie. On its own, it just looks like a mid-tone pink. Combined with the lighter color, it blends to a pretty peachy-pink color. Also, I like to apply some extra of the lighter color in the middle of my lips for an extra plumping look.

The texture of these glosses is not too tacky or sticky or thick -- it's better than the L'Oreal Color Juices -- and more comparable to the other H.I.P. glosses. Unfortunately, that also means it's not that long-lasting... maybe 2 hours without drinking, maximum? There is a slight sweet cake batter scent (yum!)

I did take off a lippie because the slanted tip is sort of not ergonomical. It is wide and flat and not that conducive to precise application. Also, the price point is a bit expensive for drugstore (about $13.50USD), though you do get 2 glosses, it still seems like a lot, especially since the total amount is only 10 mL, or 0.34 oz.

I would like to try other colors, but probably only when there is a sale or BOGO event. continued >>

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No