October 25, 2014 | 1111 users online

Styling Products - Nioxin - Volumizing Reflectives Thickening Spray

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've recently re-discovered the Bliss leave-in product in my cabinet and am loving it (only to discover on a trip to Ulta and subsequent research that it has been discontinued!!), so I decided to consult MUA and try other Nioxin products that look like they might work for me. This was my first choice and I am VERY happy with it so far. I've stayed far away from thickening sprays since trying Bumble & Bumble years ago and hating it but this is wonderfully different. No crunchiness! Just great volume and definition and really incredible hold. Just tried it for the first time today and have had to be out for 10-minute stretches in the 45 mph wind gusts, coming from all directions, of a Spring day in Chicago and my hair looks like I just walked out of a salon! I finished it off after blowing drying with a drop of Pureology Texture Twist on the ends, mid-lengths and bangs so that might be helping a bit as well. On the downside, it did take me longer to blow dry -- was hard to get the brush through -- but this might be worth the extra time and effort. I'll update if it doesn't hold up well for the three days I like to go between shampoos, but first impression is extremely positive! UPDATE 7/14 I never use this anymore. It just makes my hair too tangly. I need a thickener because my hair is definitely thinning as I get older and the last thing I need is to lose more hair because I'm ripping it out just trying to get a comb through it:-(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Thank you MUA for this wonderful tip. With age comes thinning hair, thankfully mine was incredibly thick to begin with. :) This is awesome stuff. I ordered the small size from Amazon to see if I would like it. I just purchased the 6 oz and it will not ship for 2 weeks. Nioxin products are very difficult to get, at least here in Seattle. Truly, if you want thicker looking hair, body and shine, get this stuff. I love it and was not disappointed. Also, no dry ends as one of the reviews said. But I will update in a week, you may be right. Either way, it is well worth it and I think reasonably priced.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by JMAKEUPALLEY

Adds about 25% more thickness than the 200% more that the thickening shampoo/conditioner adds. Also adds a bit of styling hold.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2009 3:25:00 PM More reviews by GlammaFreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought a 1.7-oz bottle at my local Trade Secret a few weeks ago. I really like how this product definitely makes my hair thicker. I can tell immediately that my hair is fuller even if I brush it a lot. I can even keep the volume overnight while I'm sleeping. I also enjoy how shiny it makes my hair. When I flat iron my hair, I can see the shine and glow. The only thing is that it makes the ends of my hair feel like straw. I don't have split ends or dry hair, but this makes me feel like I am the Scarecrow from Oz. It also makes my hair super knotty. My hair gets really tangled when I use this, so I always have to brush it. Thank god my hair still stays thick! I would buy this again only if I use it along with Biosilk hair drops. I get a nice happy-medium when I use the two products together,

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 8:58:00 AM More reviews by kim38

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't think that I would like this product, because usually I use a mousse product, versus a spray in product. I really LOVE this! It makes your hair thick instantly the minute you spray it in you can feel it. It is not sticky, tacky or gummy feeling at all! It does not tangle my long, fine hair the way that a lot of volumizing products do that I have tried before, and it definitely will not dry out your hair either. This spray is great for my fine, fragile hair. I will continue to use it every day and will definitely recommend it. I hope that they never, ever, ever quit making this wonderful volumizing thickening product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Integra97

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so in love with this spray. It provides volume, texture, definition, and incredible shine to my fine, slightly wavy, colored hair. I have several texturizing gels, lotions, and glossers in rotation - but I don't use any of them any more now that I've found this. It outperforms anything I have tried so far, at least on my type of hair. It does not weigh my hair down at all and does not seem to be drying in the least. It does make it look thicker though I would say that is a temporary and not a permanent effect, which is why I would call this a styling product rather than a treatment.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No