November 23, 2014 | 1258 users online

Lip Treatments - Jack Black - Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 - Lemon & Chamomile

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by fongyukyuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

After graduating from Carmex to Burt's Bees to EOS, doing tons of research on here, Sephora, & Ulta, I decided to splurge on the Jack Black. At first, I wasn't very impressed, it's emollient like Carmex, except with a better scent. However, I was a bit bothered by how warm the lip balm smells... great for winter, but I like crisp fresh scents better. But by now, I've gotten over the scent and love it. It's much more moisturizing... so much I don't like EOS and probably wouldn't like Burt's Bees either, which is much more waxy. I also bought it b/c it has both UVA/B protection and will continue buying both probably, since it's nice to have something more compact and moisturizing than EOS. I switch between them both since the Jack Black will burn nice-sized hole in my wallet if I use it regularly.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by mellymel11

I purchased this because I was looking for a good lip balm and I read the positive reviews. But honestly it was disappointing... it is not my answer for moisturizing my chapped lips. I felt like it just sat on the surface. I prefer my palmers cocoa butter stick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tried many different brands of lip balms, from drug store, to natural food store, to high end. Most feel unpleasant to me, far too slippery, or sticky, or tacky, or waxy (vaseline? eeew!). I read so much positive about Jack Black lip balms, however, that i wanted to try some. Then i remembered i had one in a package of luxury minis i'd gotten 2 years ago and never used. So i dragged out the package, snatched up the Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm, and put it in my travel bag so i could test it.
My lips were very chapped when i arrived at my destination following an 8 hour drive, and after a day my lips got worse. Not only did they feel dry, but they were cracked and had hard patches. So i began using this product. I was amazed not only at how soothing it feels, but how quickly my chapped lips became almost normal within 24 hours and how good they feel now, three days later.
You only need a very small amount to soothe and soften lips - in fact, the first time i put on too much. Because it is so soft, a little really goes a long way, so i now squeeze out a very small amount in the center of my lips, then spread it around.
I've read the reviews here criticizing its lack of appropriate sunscreen agents. And i have independently read the same things elsewhere. So let me note i am not using it for its sunscreen properties and have only been using it indoors. Therefore, i am not recommending it as a lip sunscreen.
Also, it is not a purely "natural" product - i'm not sure where people have gotten the impression that it is. Advertising? Marketing hype? It does contain natural ingredients as well as other modern skin care ingredients.
Finally, my 2 year old tube contains lanolin. This is obtained from sheep wool, not from dead sheep, and modern sheep need to have their hair cut for their own health. So if you're a vegan, check the label - i'm not sure if all varieties contain lanolin, but i know vegans won't use it. If you're a vegetarian, well, it will depend on your position on wool, i guess. I find products with lanolin very healing and soothing to sore cracked flesh (it's in some nipple creams for nursing mothers, which i used)
So, based on its moisturizing properties (not sunscreen), i can very enthusiastically recommend it to soothe sore chapped lips.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I first purchased the Jack Black lip balm in the mint flavor, and found that while I liked the tingly feeling, it seemed to dry my lips out further. So I tried the lemon chamomile flavor and LOVE it. It makes my lips so soft and smooth! Plus the scent is YUMMY! It's a little on the pricey side for lip balm, but it's a luxury I'll spend the money on.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by curlyforjustice

I used to really love this product. In July 2012 I went to stock up on more tubes and noticed they have a new formula. The original formula's main ingredient was shea butter. The new formula is cocoa butter. The new formula leaves a residue on my lips after an hour and ultimately feels more drying.

I went through the stock at the Nordstrom's men's department and picked out all the old ones. An easy way to tell without even looking at the ingredient list is that the new ones have the drug facts listing in a table format. IF you can get your hands on the old formula it is great, but if you try the new one be sure to check the returns policy!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by frckls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

====UPDATE Jul12,2013====
Avobenzone and Octinoxate?!?!?! What in the world are these guys thinking???!!!!! Sheesh!!! I'd give it a ZERO if I could! Tsk. I hate seeing a good product ruined just because stupid thing like this.

I really have to give due credit to this product.
I've been long despise my boyf's refusal to pocket a tube of balm for his constantly chapped lips. He said he hates looking like women applying lipstick. It's such a vain to explain to him that it's just normal and how I HATE kissing his dry, flaky, chapped lips. It was when we used to live in Indonesia. Stupid, stupid peer pressure.

Thankfully, he started to see the light when we moved to the Netherlands, as all of our male friends tot around a tube of balm in their pocket. Even then, he still refused to use anything at all, saying he's 'okay', while we were going through harsh winter!

Thank God I found this through Temptalia, and I tried coaxing him being this a men-skincare brand and all. The manly-looking little blue-colored tube helped, too.
I bought him this flavor for him. He actually likes it so much and never parted with it until it fell off his suit pocket last week. I had to pay for EUR9 for a tube, but that's worth all the money in the world to be able to kiss smooth lips!
Plus, it tastes exactly like the lemon bars I usually make. Now that I barely have time to cook it, this makes a lovely substitute. LOL.

I'm repurchasing another stockup for boyf and me while typing. :)

PS: I have to knock off a lippie for the company not being straight off honest about the ingredients, and that they're not completely natural as everyone first thought.
I can't leave this yet since it's the only thing my stubborn boyf would use, as it took me a good 3 years to convince him to use lip balm. And it works real well, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by laydeexsav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I would say this is a HG lip balm for me. Though the price is a tad bit $$, I find myself repurchasing this whenever I run out. A SA at Sephora recommended this lip balm to me because I told her I had dry, chappy lips especially during the winter time. She told me this lip balm is geared more towards male consumers, but who cares. She uses it, I gave it a try, and I really like it too. =) It really hydrates my lips, makes my lips feel super soft, and I don't find myself having to reapply often. Just remember a little goes a long way so don't put too much on, or your lips will look super greasy. I also like the fact that it provides UVA/UVB protection. Out of all the scents, my favorite is the Lemon & Chamomile. Love this lip balm!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by LuxeLuver374

I will use no other lip blam but Jack Black! As other reviewers have noted, it actually sinks into lips and moisturizes them. My lips always feel soft, and if they are cracked and peeling, this balm heals them overnight. The SPF is the highest of any lip product I've ever seen, and the ingredient list is minimal (so no ucky chemicals!). I feel more comfortable using this on its own, though--even a thin layer feels too thick and slippery to go under lipgloss or lipstick. This particular scent--Lemon and Chamomile--smells like a yummy lemon meringue pie. I really feel like I get my money's worth from this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm still on the fence about this product. I have to admit that my favorite lip stuff of all time is vaseline. I keep trying other things to find a HG, but so far haven't found it.
Having said that. The thing that I like the most about this product is the packaging. It's small, fits in your pocket, and you are very in control of how much you dispense. You can put it on anywhere without looking at what you are doing. It feels quite nice as it goes on, and all of them smell really nice too. Do I think it does a lot for your lips ....No...but it's got enough other good qualities that I will always have a few of them around.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by honeylamb21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG lip product. I've used balms by Badger, Clark's Botanicals, Burt's Bees, EOS, Bubble and Bee, Laid in Montana, among others. The only balm that truly hydrates and restores my lips. The lemon and chamomile flavor is pleasantly mild and sweet; it resembles the flavor of Dubble Bubble chewing gum, which the inner ten-year-old in me finds delightful.

The formula is remarkable: buttery smooth, neither heavy nor sticky, lasts for hours. Lips are plump and satiny; it's an excellent base for lipcolor, or beautifully sheer on its own. The attractive lapis-blue squeeze tube slips into jean pockets easily, and, unlike the outrageously expensive Clark's Botanicals dreck, does not bloat or leak.

What makes this lip balm outstanding, however, is the condition in which it leaves my lips. My bare lips literally feel like silk. An absolute must-have product; this puts other designer balms to shame! It figures that the best lip balm available is marketed toward men!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No