April 18, 2014 | 1781 users online

Bronzers - Make Up For Ever - Mat Bronze

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

This is a great bronzer for contouring. This bronzer comes in two shades 20 & 40. I really wish MUFE created a 30 shade because 20 was too light as a bronzer for me and 40 is pretty deep. I purchased 40 anyway since 20 was very close to my natural skin tone. For reference, I'm O60 is Shiseido and NC40 in MAC. Both shades are cool toned. 40 has red a undertone. This is a truly matte bronzer. It is very flat and very pigmented. You only need a quick little dab with your brush to get color. The reason why I love this particular bronzer is because:
1. It stays matte all day long which is a huge plus for me since I'm oily.
2. It doesn't oxidize orange. Almost all powder bronzers will oxidize orange on me. This is probably one of maybe three bronzers out of the 1,000 that I've tried that doesn't oxidize on me.
3. It doesn't contain Bismuth Oxychloride. If you are sensitive to this ingredient, you can understand my frustration with bronzers because about 90% of them on the market contain this ingredient.
4. It is oil-free.
I'm not a huge contouring fanatic. I don't do the whole face such as forehead, jaw line, nose etc. I have no visible cheekbones so I only contour in that area. I have a small oval shaped face. A lot of contouring brushes are too big for me. What works if you have a small oval face is the Real Techniques Setting Brush. Overall, I very good bronzer if you are looking for a matte finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by mickeyrdam

This is an interesting bronzer. On the one hand, it is matte, but when blended across the skin it actually gives a very subtle metallic sheen/cast which can be observed under close inspection. I guess, that is a good property because it adds a bronze glow to the face without any visible shimmer.

The formula of the powder is very silky/smooth due to lots of silica in it. Because of that it actually feels like a setting/mattifying powder.

Bear in mind that this powder has different shades which are numbered! My number is 30 and in it is on the medium/lighter side of bronzers. In terms of undertone, I wouldn't say it is an extremely orangey brown, but I do wish it was a bit more towards red/brick/terracotta and somewhat less yellow/orangey.

It has a lemony smell which I wish it didn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Amerah

AMAZINGGGGGGGG! I have brown asian skin so every bronzer that I try NEVER shows up on my face! I've tried, too faced, benefit, nars, bobbi brown, even the drugstore ones but this is my ultimate bronzer! It's so dark! So if your fair skinned you only need like one swipe! It also LASTS FOREVER!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great matte non-sparkly bronzer! It blends great and the colour is not to dark on my fair skin. It's transformed my look from anemic goth to healthy nature nut. The compact broke after a week of use, which was extremely disappointing. Also it's really big, which matches the price, but takes up a lot of room in my makeup bag... Just bought two-face bronzer because its a better travel size but it doesnt blend or look as natural as this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by akneil

Really love this bronzer. It is perfect for contouring and isn't orangey. It is completely matte - no shimmer. There's not much else to say about it, it's just a great product!

A great dupe for this is the NYC Sunny bronzer. It is almost identical, and it's like 3 dollars…

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by erinetcetera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice matte bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Bjet

possibly my most favorite bronzer yet. It's mat so i can use it to contour my face. Good pigmentation too. Yes i will buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2011 4:09:00 AM More reviews by kedery

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this bronzer for contouring my face. i find it good but i think they are pretty good bronzers on the market for less money.
it's good that it is "matte". i wil not buy again.
I use a brush to apply. The sponge is useless.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by waters2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The bronzer gives a beautiful, matte--but not dull--finish. However, with repeated use, it caused breakouts on my extremely reactive skin. My skin is reactive to many products, including Chanel, Nars, and LM, and MAC blushes. Those looking for matte blushes may have sensitive skin to begin with. My skin is not acne-prone. I don't know what oil-absorbing ingredients MUFE has added, but this powder also makes my face feel heavy and oily after a few hours' wear--in the dead of winter. I wish they'd kept this nice and simple. I don't believe in oil-free anything.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mat Bronze is my favorite product to use as a blush/contour. I don't bronze my entire face. Formula has not caused breakouts or irritation after four months' use. I feared the added Vitamin E would cause sensitivities, but it did not. The color swatches online are deceiving though. Picking the right color depended on my skin's undertones rather than my coloring. The color Earth #6, worked best to match my medium-light, olive skin with golden undertones. The rest were too pink, flat, or muddy. The product itself is sheer but with good pigment. I only use one light swipe for my desired effect. I did not want to spend more than $30 USD for a matte blush/bronzer, so I'm glad I found this. The quality is better than more expensive matte bronzers.