July 23, 2014 | 1410 users online

Bronzers - Make Up For Ever - Mat Bronze

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by amberlightsss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of my favorite bronzers. My skin is quite fair with yellow/neutral undertones and I got this in the shade 20 Honey which suits my perfectly. It's not too orange or grey, it melts into my skin leaving the bronzed areas looking healthy and glowing. I guess the 20 shade is a good shade for those with pale and fair skin. I also think it will be a little bit too red and warm for those with pink undertone, so be careful and swatch before you buy it cold/pink/blue skinned girls. :)

When you look at it, it looks matte and it's matte when applied as well, but it somewhat makes my skin look glowy. No shimmer or glitter, just a tiny sheen. It's not overly pigmented, if I want to apply a lot of product I have to swirl my brush for a couple of times into the powder, if I just want a tiny hint of bronze I gently just swipe it across the pan and apply. The first time I tried it out I didn't over apply the bronzer to my face because it's not a harsh bronzer like for example the theBalm Bahama Mama which is really pigmented. I prefer the not so pigmented bronzers because it's easy to go overboard with them, and the MUFE one is just perfect for me. The staying power is great, it stays on as good as every other bronzer I've tried, if not even better. One of my all time favorites are the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil, but I find this bronzer slightly better! :)

The packaging is pretty looking but has a cheap feel to it (plastic, plastic and more plastic). It also comes with a completely useless sponge, you might want to throw that out and use one of your favorite bronzing brushes. I use this both to contour and to add a hint of glow to my face. If I want a really dewy look I choose another one with shimmer because this won't give you that dewy look, but it will sure make you look healthy and tanned. I have been using this almost everyday since I bought it a couple of weeks ago, I really really enjoy it. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by mickeyrdam

This is an interesting bronzer. On the one hand, it is matte, but when blended across the skin it actually gives a very subtle metallic sheen/cast which can be observed under close inspection. I guess, that is a good property because it adds a bronze glow to the face without any visible shimmer.

The formula of the powder is very silky/smooth due to lots of silica in it. Because of that it actually feels like a setting/mattifying powder.

Bear in mind that this powder has different shades which are numbered! My number is 30 and in it is on the medium/lighter side of bronzers. In terms of undertone, I wouldn't say it is an extremely orangey brown, but I do wish it was a bit more towards red/brick/terracotta and somewhat less yellow/orangey.

It has a lemony smell which I wish it didn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Amerah

AMAZINGGGGGGGG! I have brown asian skin so every bronzer that I try NEVER shows up on my face! I've tried, too faced, benefit, nars, bobbi brown, even the drugstore ones but this is my ultimate bronzer! It's so dark! So if your fair skinned you only need like one swipe! It also LASTS FOREVER!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great matte non-sparkly bronzer! It blends great and the colour is not to dark on my fair skin. It's transformed my look from anemic goth to healthy nature nut. The compact broke after a week of use, which was extremely disappointing. Also it's really big, which matches the price, but takes up a lot of room in my makeup bag... Just bought two-face bronzer because its a better travel size but it doesnt blend or look as natural as this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by akneil

Really love this bronzer. It is perfect for contouring and isn't orangey. It is completely matte - no shimmer. There's not much else to say about it, it's just a great product!

A great dupe for this is the NYC Sunny bronzer. It is almost identical, and it's like 3 dollars…

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by erinetcetera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice matte bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Bjet

possibly my most favorite bronzer yet. It's mat so i can use it to contour my face. Good pigmentation too. Yes i will buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2011 4:09:00 AM More reviews by kedery

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this bronzer for contouring my face. i find it good but i think they are pretty good bronzers on the market for less money.
it's good that it is "matte". i wil not buy again.
I use a brush to apply. The sponge is useless.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by waters2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The bronzer gives a beautiful, matte--but not dull--finish. However, with repeated use, it caused breakouts on my extremely reactive skin. My skin is reactive to many products, including Chanel, Nars, and LM, and MAC blushes. Those looking for matte blushes may have sensitive skin to begin with. My skin is not acne-prone. I don't know what oil-absorbing ingredients MUFE has added, but this powder also makes my face feel heavy and oily after a few hours' wear--in the dead of winter. I wish they'd kept this nice and simple. I don't believe in oil-free anything.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mat Bronze is my favorite product to use as a blush/contour. I don't bronze my entire face. Formula has not caused breakouts or irritation after four months' use. I feared the added Vitamin E would cause sensitivities, but it did not. The color swatches online are deceiving though. Picking the right color depended on my skin's undertones rather than my coloring. The color Earth #6, worked best to match my medium-light, olive skin with golden undertones. The rest were too pink, flat, or muddy. The product itself is sheer but with good pigment. I only use one light swipe for my desired effect. I did not want to spend more than $30 USD for a matte blush/bronzer, so I'm glad I found this. The quality is better than more expensive matte bronzers.