October 22, 2014 | 1003 users online

Top/Base Coats - Jordana - Quick Dry Top Coat

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Jordana polishes that I have tried have kept a good consistency for a long time, and that gave me confidence in giving their top coat a try. Even though it is my first top coat and I don't have anything to compare it to, I think it does a good job at what I expect it to do:

- Dries the nail polish in 60 seconds
- Thin consistency and the brush has not picked up the nail polish (I wait for it to dry half-way)
- Provides a glossy finish

Few things that may be better:
- Second day: glossy finish dulls (no hard-shell nail shine, but that may be too much to ask for?)
- Second day: I am seeing minor chipping on a few nails on my dominant hand (not the strongest and long-lasting protection)

As others have said, this top coat is very affordable ($1.99) and keeps the nail job looking fresh for the first two days, but not much afterwards. Additionally, the glossy finish wears off by the next day, which is something I wish lasted longer. I think that I will reapply this top coat every day just to keep nails protected and shiny. For the price, it's a great deal; just needs a little more daily upkeep than some more expensive top coats (I would imagine). I would repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 6:13:00 AM More reviews by ooohdiamonds

I love all Jordana nail polishes!!!! This particular top coat goes on smoothly, actually dries quite quickly and creates a lovely, glossy finish. It's very reasonably priced too! Other cheaper nail polishes get thick and gross really quickly, but in my experience, all Jordana nail polishes seem to be of a nice quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 6:40:00 AM More reviews by ColorDream

I was skeptical at first, but I have to say that I'm very impressed with this product. I'm on the impatient side and like my polish to dry as quickly as possible. This topcoat dried three layers of polish in a minute! Wow! I love the extra shine as it brings out the color even more and best of all, I haven't noticed any chipping - not even on the tips of my nails after almost a week! The downside? I like to change my polish every couple of days. Jordana is my favorite brand because I can afford to splurge on a ton of great colors without feeling like I broke my bank account. However, since this topcoat works so well I'm reluctant to ruin my pretty manicure. The bottom line? This is definitely going to be my go to topcoat from now on. It works fast, makes my nails look great, and the results exceed the higher priced brands that I was used to buying before.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by DarkLush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because Kmart was out of my usual SH quick dry top coat so I opted for something cheaper until I was able to find my normal brand again.

It's not bad for the price, it gets the job done, but it does chip fairly quickly compared to most other top coats. This is good if you paint your nails a lot, an okay back-up topcoat, or you just don't care.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by junipurr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

my go-to quick dry top coat, since i go through so much of it. cheap and effective. i've been buying it for years.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by napkinz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this as a cheap top coat so i don't run out of my more HE ones so quickly (i've been using INM out the door) but this jordana chips so easily :/ it dries super fast and is very glossy and shiny afterwards but the chipping is a no no. also as another reviewer stated, it picks up the polish on the brush which is not desired. the only reason i said yes to repurchase is because i change my nails like i change my clothes so this will help me not to waste my more expensive topcoats on a 1-2 day mani!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by WantonWonton

Does it give your polish a glassy look? Yes. Is it quick dry? Yes.
It's a decent top coat. When I layer this Jordana on I have no problems with chipping, and it makes the roughest of paint jobs look perfectly glossy.
However, this is a terrible brush. The brush absorbs the color of the polish, even on polishes I let dry for 12+ hours before and ruins the clear coat. You could wipe the brush off with polish remover and a paper towel to get rid of the color stain before you put the brush back in the bottle, but it's so much trouble. My top coat has a permanent red tint to it. I'm only keeping it to use with other reds and purples, but I definitely could not use it as a top coat with my other colors.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Jordana's 99 cent polishes are hit and miss, but this Top Coat is definately worth having. It claims to dry the nail within 60 seconds and I find that just one coat of it provides shiny protection. Now, you get what you pay for and the protection doesn't lasy - this will get your through the day (or night) and is great to protect touch ups in a hurry, but it doesn't protect against chipping after 48 hours or so. Still, this is great to keep around in case of emergency and works well with any other polish - I'lll definately rebuy.