Maybelline Mineral Power Lipstick in Chestnut

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/4/2015 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I swapped for two of these lipsticks in the past year. I completely missed out on this line when it still existed, which was a big mistake on my part. Had I known how lovely they were, I would have been all over them. Yet stupidly I passed them by every time because the packaging was so understated. This color is a brownish-nude on me, even though in the tube it looks like it could have a tint of pink in it. Nevertheless, it looks pretty natural on my lips, which is a surprise to me, since I usually don't feel I can pull off shades which lean too brown. I think this would look a bit different depending on your natural lip color.
The formula of these reminds me a bit of the Silk Naturals Kisser Slicker lipcolors, which is one of my favorites. This lipstick applies very smoothly with no dragging, and it feels very silky on the lips. I don't need any lipbalm underneath this, even when my lips are drier than usual. This formula does not emphasize any flakiness in my lips, which I find pretty unusual, since this also has a matte finish to it. There is no scent or taste to these.The packaging is understated, but pretty sturdy and practical, and I love the added touch of the window on top of the lid.
I'm really kicking myself that I never looked at these more when I had the chance, and am secretly holding out hope that someday they might come back.

on 10/16/2010 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This lipstick is unbelievably smooth and moist for a matte. This color looks brown but goes on pinky brown and used as a base or a paired with a pink its the bomb!

on 8/27/2010 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love the formula of these. it's just creamy and opaque and long lasting, no real smell or taste. I just finished up chestnut went to get more to find out it's DC i grabbed sand a light pinky nude and what i thought was chestnut, nude shell, a brownish pink, ylbb shade. both are pretty natural colors but i'm running back tomorrow hoping chestnuts still there. they were marked down to $2. i love the minimalist packaging with the window. i hate opening to check shades.

on 6/6/2010 4:09:00 AM

It is LOVE at first sight.. I know a good color when I see one. This lipstick is soooooooooo amazing. Not drying, not overpowering, just the kind of color I wanted and is closest to my natural lip color. I have this in Raisin, Chestnut and Shell Nude. And did I say this mineral lipstick line from Maybelline is great?

on 6/27/2009 10:38:00 PM

I really like this product. I use it when I do a neutral eye because it shows pretty brown on my lips. I would buy it again! The only problem is it doesn't last long.. :(

Normally, I absolutely hate Maybelline lipsticks. They're either a shimmery pastel pink or some ugly orange shade on me regardless of how they look in the tube. But I actually like the shades of their Mineral Power lippies! Luckily, someone had already opened a lippie in the Chestnut shade and tested it, so I thought I'd go ahead and test it on the back of my hand. On any patch of skin other than my lips, it's a sheer, light pinky brown, despite being light brown in the tube. On my lips though, it's hard to describe...it's a brown, but at the same time it's a nudish-pink color...reminds me of the natural lips look in some movies and TV shows. Either way, it's a beautiful, natural looking MLBB on me (NC30)! But I have a feeling this is one of those colors that's going to look completely different on different people, much like Cargo's old Plume lipstick. A sidenote, though: These Mineral Wear lippies are extremely glossy and slippery. I don't mind this all that much, as most sheer lipsticks don't last that long on me anyway. However, if you hate reapplying with any amount of passion, you might want to look elsewhere for a new lipstick. And another thing, particularly with this color: Be sure to exfoliate your lips first. If I don't, then the color goes on a muddy light brown. But luckily it will morph into my MLBB color in a few minutes.

Popular Lipsticks