October 21, 2014 | 1826 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Mineral Power Lipstick in Chestnut

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by ClassynClean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This lipstick is unbelievably smooth and moist for a matte. This color looks brown but goes on pinky brown and used as a base or a paired with a pink its the bomb!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by tinimarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the formula of these. it's just creamy and opaque and long lasting, no real smell or taste. I just finished up chestnut went to get more to find out it's DC i grabbed sand a light pinky nude and what i thought was chestnut, nude shell, a brownish pink, ylbb shade. both are pretty natural colors but i'm running back tomorrow hoping chestnuts still there. they were marked down to $2. i love the minimalist packaging with the window. i hate opening to check shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2010 4:09:00 AM More reviews by gerihere

It is LOVE at first sight.. I know a good color when I see one. This lipstick is soooooooooo amazing. Not drying, not overpowering, just the kind of color I wanted and is closest to my natural lip color. I have this in Raisin, Chestnut and Shell Nude. And did I say this mineral lipstick line from Maybelline is great?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Crivera313

I really like this product. I use it when I do a neutral eye because it shows pretty brown on my lips. I would buy it again! The only problem is it doesn't last long.. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

Normally, I absolutely hate Maybelline lipsticks. They're either a shimmery pastel pink or some ugly orange shade on me regardless of how they look in the tube. But I actually like the shades of their Mineral Power lippies! Luckily, someone had already opened a lippie in the Chestnut shade and tested it, so I thought I'd go ahead and test it on the back of my hand. On any patch of skin other than my lips, it's a sheer, light pinky brown, despite being light brown in the tube. On my lips though, it's hard to describe...it's a brown, but at the same time it's a nudish-pink color...reminds me of the natural lips look in some movies and TV shows. Either way, it's a beautiful, natural looking MLBB on me (NC30)! But I have a feeling this is one of those colors that's going to look completely different on different people, much like Cargo's old Plume lipstick. A sidenote, though: These Mineral Wear lippies are extremely glossy and slippery. I don't mind this all that much, as most sheer lipsticks don't last that long on me anyway. However, if you hate reapplying with any amount of passion, you might want to look elsewhere for a new lipstick. And another thing, particularly with this color: Be sure to exfoliate your lips first. If I don't, then the color goes on a muddy light brown. But luckily it will morph into my MLBB color in a few minutes.