November 21, 2014 | 1787 users online

Lips - Cover Girl - Outlast Lipstain - 435 Flirty Nude

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not a great product for me...not much color pay off...I realize the word nude is in the title but seriously, it barely did anything. Drying, didn't last...Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by fontainemullins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color isn't really a nude, it is more dramatic than that. It is more of a red/pink tone, that is darker than you would expect from the packaging. I wouldn't call it a nude at all, more like a dark crimson/pink It works like a highlighter pen, or a texta, but maybe a texta would submit more colour. These lipstains go onto the lips well for the first few seconds. Then you find yourself shaking the pen and wondering where the colour went. So you keep applying and then you realize that your top lip that you applied it to looks great, but the bottom lip is lacking colour. Uh oh! It has ran out! But you keep applying. And BAM! You have brown/red lips. Not nude at all.
30 mins later... After letting the "stain" set on my lips, I drank from a bottle of water, ate a muesli bar, and left for work. I got to work and went to the toilet/bathroom, looked in the mirror, and... I had a bit of a rosy tint to my lips which I would've loved if it had came out of the pen like that. But it was fading fast. But I loved it while it lasted! On my break at work, I went and looked again... It was gone. That deep red/pink that faded to a nice nude colour had disappeared. My lips were naked. Completely. This was all within a 5 hour period. My L.A Girl lip liner lasts so much longer and actually looks like a nude lip the whole time! If anyone can recommend a good, nude-looking stain, please let me know, as I haven't tried any more after purchasing this one.
The packaging on this product is good, it is in an easy to apply felt-tip pen package. It IS basically a felt tip texta for your lips. However, the color isn't what you would expect, and the ink/liquid/stain/ is used up before you know it. I used it 4 times for reviewing purposes and personal purposes, and I have to shake it heaps to get colour out of it! I've used many Cover Girl products in my time and like them, but will avoid this one in the future.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

This is far being nude. The idea is good, and could work, but the colors are not acurrate with packaging. Not overdrying but definitely it doesn´t last many hours. This color in particular is very dark, it looks almost like awful reddish brown. Not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by keg6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVED this lipstain.... until 4 days into having it, it DRIED OUT almost completely. For $12 I expect it to last a bit longer than 4 days.

This is sad because it's a lipstain that actually LASTS and STAINS. I thought I'd found my holy grail :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by krazzieem

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I literally just bought this product 30 minutes ago and was so excited about it I couldn't even wait to put it on at home-- I put it on in the parking lot haha. I was extremely surprised at how RED this looks, it is definitely not nude. Lucky for me I have the skin tone that accepts the color red, but I was looking for something that I could wear at the poolside; a nice peachy color maybe. Oh well, it's still a very nice color.
Anyway, so far it is very lightweight and it smells and tastes really good. It does not smudge off onto my fingers. Overall a very very good product, but I do not recommend this color if you are looking for a nude color.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Becky12

I like my lips bare and so does my boyfriend. He hates lipstick kisses and all the lipsticks I've tried have a sorta-thick-matte feeling or a glossy feeling (and I've tried a few). This is a good solution for me. I have the nude color, but it still gives me the I-just-ate-a-cherry-Popsicle look. You have to apply quite a bit of it to give it staying power and thus it will be dramatic color. You have to allow it to fully dry and then put a chapstick over it. The staying power isn't fantastic. You won't get 24 hours of wear, but it's easy to re-apply. I did not have the issue of it coming off after drinking.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this product. I just got it and was shocked at how dark it is when I put it on my naturally pigmented lips. I'm NC15 and this wasn't a nude shade by any means, but it is a neutral/warm color. The color can be built up to a deep terracotta shade. When it dries, it doesn't budge. I top it with some Aquaphor or a gloss, not because it's uncomfortable to wear, but because I like having a product that I can feel on my lips. I took off one lippie because it can apply somewhat splotchy, but with a little time and effort, you can get past that. I don't know how long this will last before it dries out, so I can't comment on that, but I'd probably buy it again when it does dry up. I plan to get some different shades. Overall, IMO, it's a really good product for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 6:11:00 AM More reviews by amoii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i actually like this product, in general i like lipstains cause i dont really like lipsticks that much. i used this with the cover girl natureluxe lipbam/gloss in grenache 235 and the colour becomes nice :) like a softer pink with that on.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by rosemary5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Surprisingly I actually liked this product. The color payoff was great with my NC30 skin.

The only big problem I noticed was that this lipstain accentuates the creases in your lips DRAMATICALLY, and it looks kind of bad. Of course, most people don't stare at your lips, but I've never had that experience with any lip gloss / lipstick and it isn't a very flattering look on anybody. I put on some lip balm before I applied and that may have helped decrease the problem a bit.

All in all, I would recommend this for girls with medium to dark skintones, but beware if you have dry lips / deep lip creases, since this does highlight every dent and crease in your lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Lecherrysodaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I believe this "nude" is targeted for people with medium to dark skintones. Im an NC42 (mac language lol) And for me, this IS a nude color, obviously is not a pale nude because its not a cream but a stain... is like "my lips but better" I will not repurchase this because as I've said before "drugstore" brands are actually very expensive here in Mexico