October 22, 2014 | 1799 users online

Lips - Cover Girl - Outlast Lipstain - 400 Everbloom Kiss

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by SparkleFairy79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a TOTAL makeup junkie, ESPECIALLY lip products & can honestly say this is the absolute WORST, most DISAPPOINTING product I have ever wasted my $$ on. I was so excited when the whole 'lipstain revolution' began. A lip colour that will tint my lips, stay put & I can top up with gloss throughout the day & still have colour on my lips. How exciting!! I thought I'd try the Covergirl one as I loved the colour & it smelt yummy! Lol. Well, they turned out to be it's only positives. It is incredibly drying on your lips. Lip balm over the top is absolutely essential. Your lips needs to be in perfect condition, as it will sink into any creases or dry bits & look YUK! That tends to be the nature of a lipstain though, so that's not a huge bother to me. But what IS a huge bother & what REALLY REALLY annoyed me, was that you barely have time to worry about all that anyway, as it dried out completely in less than 2 WEEKS!! As in, I couldn't get any colour on my lips. It was completely DRY!! I hadn't even used it that much. Certainly not everyday or anything. For a product that cost me $18(AUD), yes, you read that right. Cosmetics are criminally expensive in Australia! Even more reason for me to be so unhappy with it! :( I had the cap on tight at all times, but even after the first couple of uses, it was already losing it's colour/pigment. GRRR!! Thoroughly & utterly unacceptable. Sorry for the rant. I'm generally not too harsh a critic & am more forgiving than I probably should be with some products/brands, lol ;) But I wanted to warn others with this one, as it really annoys me that Covergirl, who do have some great products in their range, are continuing to sell this when it is so fundamentally flawed. I highly recommend NOT spending your money on this. It is just TERRIBLE. And from the other reviews I've seen on here, I'm not alone in my opinion of it! If you are wanting to try a lipstain, imo the Revlon ones are MUCH better. Still drying, but they last a lot longer, have a richer colour & with some lipbalm on top to smooth & moisturise, I really enjoy them :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by lilshaxter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color is really pretty - sort of midway between a berry and a pink. I like that it gives a natural hue to your lips, almost as if you've been soaking your lips in some fruit. It even smells sweet and fruity!
Even so, the product itself isn't great. The marker applicator quickly becomes streaky and dry. I don't know if this is a limitation of the packaging or the actual formula itself. I like lip stains, but it would be more economical to purchase a lip stick instead for the same price which you'd probably use more.
Though some people may not like that it resembles a sharpie applicator, I personally really like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried it twice, in two different colors, dark pink and peach and Iwill necr buy it again. I feel that Cover Girl has the worst lipsticks and lipglosses that stain your lips then it renews itself. Drew Barrymoore is a beautifuk woman, she modeled this exact brand. It loooked great on her airbrushed, but who knows if she was really wearing it, ior if it as just ann advertisement. This is the worst covergirl lip product I ever tried in my life.....................................

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 3:58:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I really like the colour - a light neutral pink, but application wasn't so good. I find it works best if you exfoliate your lips before applying because it will "cling" to dry patches. It doesn't last so long. About 3 hours before I need to reapply. The colour does fade throughout the day, it's not full-proof but I still get faint traces of this colour on my lips. The felt tip isn't too hard but it feels weird since its like colouring your lips with a Sharpie. It does dry out my lips, so I go over it with a lip-balm or clear gloss. Won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by 30somethingAsian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great natural, sheer look. Good staying power but dries lips like any other lipstain. I put it directly on my lips and put a chap stick on after it's completely dried. Love the Scarlet (402) color as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by KrissCross14

Not what I expected. :/ That's for sure. Bought it yesterday and I am very dissapointed. I was excited to use the product because I hate constantly reapplying lip sticks and lip glosses that my hair always gets caught in. As soon as I applied it, I noticed it didn't have a nice texture and seemed like a rough, dry marker. Also, the color was NOT what I bought. 'Everbloom Kiss' should be 'Rasberry Red', it is packaged looking pink and magenta, but it appears as a scarlet or a rasberry. Reading other reviews, I am not surprised it dries out quickly, within a week, because I can already feel how dry my lips feel and how dry the stick already is. I will not be purchasing this item again. I hope to find a nicer lip stain.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2010 9:42:00 AM More reviews by hhflom4s

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like this for lips but it does a good job as a cheek stain. Since it's water-based it goes on wet enough that you can smear it where you want it to color on your cheeks. I didn't like it at all as a lip stain, no staying power. But it's a beautiful, natural cheek stain.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

I am a lip and cheek stain girl; I very much get along with stains. This one, however, not so much.

To start with it is overpriced for what you get. Mine is dry after approximately a dozen 1/2 uses. I say 1/2 because it is so dark I cannot use it as an all over lip stain and instead I use it as a lip liner.

I bought the lightest color they have and it still gives me circa 2001 dark stained lips which I don't care for. I have fairly pigmented lips and olive skin and I like light lip color.

As a lip liner it's mediocre; it really doesn't last very long for something that claims to be a stain.

Benefit has MUCH better stains and while you'll pay more you won't be disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by jawjuhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying that, actually, I kind of like this product. It adds this really beautiful flush to my lips and it's easy to use. However, it's a bit pricy for a drugstore product and over time it gets harder to use. The color is definitely not what the packaging is but nonetheless I do like it. Still, won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by 455smile

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This lasts pretty long, although I wish it did stay on a bit longer. I like the way it adds a subtle, sexy color to my lips and feels very light, like it isn't there. The only problem is that it can be drying so apply some gloss or chapstick over it! :D