August 27, 2014 | 1699 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Babyliss - Pro Ceramic Tourmaline 500 Straightening Iron

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by shalashaska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This iron is the best thing that's ever happened to my hair. After my cat knocked my old iron into the sink while the water was running, I needed to buy one to replace it. I thought I'd try something different, and I found this in Marshalls for half off the regular $80 price. My hair is extremely curly, frizzy, and difficult to straighten, but it looks the best it has ever looked with this iron. It doesn't curl or frizz throughout the day. I absolutely love it. It glides over my hair so easily, and it looks silkier than ever before. I've received so many copliments since switching to this. If my cat breaks this one, I'll definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 1:28:00 AM More reviews by bv711

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this straightener--it's small, it heats up incredibly quick, and has velvet casing for gripping. I use it mainly to do a wavy hair style and it works beautifully--and I have curly hair. Considering this should last quite a while, I don't intend on repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 9:50:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not a bad straightener but it depends on what you are looking for. You can change the heat setting and it has an off/on button as well. I love how it heats up super fast which is crucial in the mornings and this thing gets seriously hot. My hair is so hot immediately after running this through that I can't even touch it. There is a velvety cloth on the areas where you place your hands while using..I suppose it's there for a better grip and to protect your hands from the heat. I get pretty good results with this but my hair isn't that hard to straighten anyways. My big issue with this is that it snags my long hair A LOT. I can't run this through once w/out experiencing snagging. If you examine the plates, they don't look shiny and smooth so the snagging isn't surprising. It also doesn't give my hair as much shine as other highere end straighteners that I've tried. You can get this on various internet sites for only roughly $60. It's not a bad price and it is a lot better than drugstore brand irons but if you have long hair, I would skip this.