July 24, 2014 | 1883 users online

Makeup Brushes - Coastal Scents - Synthetic Wide Buffer Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by PreciousCharmer17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG!! This brush is super dense yet suuuuuper SOFT!!! WOW! There is nothing like it anywhere. I've checked. And sadly, once again, Coastal Scents has discontinued this brush for God knows why...Luckily I bought 2 and I absolutely love it. I use one brush for my pressed powders/foundations and the other as a buffer/blender brush. I definitely suggest if you can find this brush online somewhere, GET YOUR HANDS ON IT QUICKLY!! You won't regret it. I haven't had problems with any shedding or cleaning of this brush. It's wonderful. I highly recommend it. Another one of my HOLY GRAIL brushes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I got this brush after hearing all the rave about it on youtube. The bristles are super soft and i'm still amazed at how it's synthetic!!!! I actually thought (and would) have preferred this brush to be more dense. It does take a long time to dry...for me it's 2 FULL days. As i dry my brush in a brush guard over night/24hrs and then take it out and let it air dry the rest of the time. It does a good job in creating a flawless application. I use this to buff in my cream foundation, after i apply it with a sponge. I love the blurred soft focus effect it leaves.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by sahara64

Got this in a swap from someone who didn't care for it. I LOVE IT! I don't like to apply foundation with a brush, always seems to go on too thick and look streaky. I put my foundation on with my fingers, then buff with this brush and have the absolute best results I've ever had with foundation in my life!

I spray it with MAC brush cleaner and then buff it on a damp washcloth to clean, and so far it comes clean every single time.

Seriously considering getting a backup, I love it that much!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

This brush the only brush I'm satisfied with CS. It's so so soft, dense, wide and sturdy. It didn't shed or smelled foul like most of CS brushes. I use it for my MAC MSF Natural, blends and buffs really well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 6:53:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Sorry to screw up the stats on this product, but I was disappointed with this one. I bought it to use with my liquid foundation, and used it once - this is one HARD brush to wash. If I used mineral foundation, or powder foundation, this might be great - it is very soft, and very dense. But, it is soooo hard to clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

This brush is one of the best makeup brushes that Coastal Scents sells! It is soft, dense, and compact. It isn't extremely wide, but it does have a decent size to it in width. And, it works excellent at both applying and buffing out powder foundations too.

The brush had absolutely no scent to it when I got it home. As, I a definitely a sticklr when it comes to using anytype of brush on my face that has a bad scent to it. And, this brush has none, which I totally appreciated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Amazing! I couldn't resist after reading the reviews here and on Coastal Scents, so when it came back in stock again I had to give it a go and I must say, I am impressed! I'm a brush fiend and a mineral makeup convert but there is nothing in my arsenal of brushes that touches this one. Big, dense and soft it's perfect for applying mineral foundation (and totally pampering yourself at the same time!) The price for the quality is incredible and I can see why someone might have more than one of these! I don't know why, but I find these synthetic brushes also don't shed! (Unlike both my MAC 182s). The only thing lacking is a proper case since the little plastic sleeve it comes in won't last long I'm sure. Right now my CS Wide Buffer resides in my Poshe 'buki case which fits it's circumference perfectly. Would I buy another? Highly, highly likely!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by janeeee999

Definately a great brush. Its huge and so very very soft. I love it. Coastal Scents brushes are hit and miss. I thought the pink kabuki brush was brutally prickly. I hated it. I hated a few of their brushes but this isn't one of them. Everyone keeps raving about the Everyday Mineral brushes, this is definately a contender. I have both brushes. A word of caution: this brush has a very large bristle surface. It doesn't get to small spots. It works ok for overall base application tho. I've had no problems.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2009 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

I have quite a few of the synthetic brushes from Coastal Scents. They are the softest I've come across. They wash well, don't shed or stink. So far none has fallen apart. This one takes forever to dry, so if I know it needs washing I'll do it after using it in the morning so it's dry by the next morning. It's great for applying mineral or powder foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by shellslove

I'm honestly SO impressed with this brush ( I have 3!) I use it for my mineral makeup as many here have stated. My favorite use is for MAC's MSF, all-over face powders and highlighters. This is not totally like MAC's buffer kabuki (182, I think?) to me. I mean, it's just as wonderful, but for me - it serves a different purpose ...granted, this buffs in powder like a dream - gives a flawless, airbrushed look. This brush has a flat top, and I like to use it for contouring shades and especially highlighting purposes. The handle is nice and wide for a sturdy grip. Honestly, I'd use it for anything. The fibers are SO soft - especially for synthetic - but they are very densely packed - so they hold alot of product and are great for building color/coverage (though IMO, I need to use less powder b/c this brush distributes product beautifully.) The cost (as always w/CS) cannot be beat! For the quality of this brush - I'd pay 3x as much. Very minimal shedding - does dry slooowly but it's worth the wait =) Also, I did not have a problem with odor like I do with CS's natural badger brushes (which make me ill, even after deodorizing and deep cleaning.) I recommend this brush to anyone needing a good kabuki/powder brush - I have and will repurchase =) The only thing I wouldn't use this brush for is detail work or for getting in small areas - but that is not what it's designed for.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No