November 21, 2014 | 1678 users online

Shampoo - CVS - Maximum Strength Therapeutic Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by whisper

This is excellent shampoo for the treatment of just about any scalp discomfort/condition dryness, flakes, itch, etc... It costs less, compared to the brand name product, which has the EXACT same ingredients.

It has no medicinal smell whatsoever (in fact it has literally no scent, and obviously no added fragrances or dyes, which are what tend to irritate the scalp in the first place).

The lather is nice, a bit foamy. I find this works best when I lather, then wear a shower cap for about 30 min before rinsing out completely (yea, sounds like a hassle, but it really is more effective if you do this, and the clearing up of flakes is well worth the trouble). Afterwards, I use Pantene Pro-V Restoratives Time Renewal deep conditioning mask, and the result couldn't be better no more flakes, no itchiness, no scalp issues of any kind, and soft silky shiny hair.

I've been using this for about 4 wks now, and my dry winter scalp has completely been transformed/healed. On the plus side, my hair has become shinier and healthier (I guess because when the scalp is optimally healthy, the hair follows suit). I now don't even have to use this every time I shampoo I use it every other time I wash my hair.

I will definitely continue using this and will purchase again when necessary. I highly recommend it. HIGHLY.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 12:15:00 AM More reviews by JCuevas04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the CVS brand knock-off of the Neutrogena T/Sal. I paid about 2 dollars less and you get one and a half ounces more plus the same ingredients. I have been having scalp issues with itching and dandruff/oil. So I decided to stop using my h/e shampoos and switch to this for a while to see how it works. It has 3% Salicylic Acid. I focused more on my scalp, left the lather on my head for a few minutes than rinsed. Than I used Biolage Ultra-Hydrating Balm on my length and ends only. I have to say my hair was so soft, manageable and my scalp just felt refreshed and clean like it could breathe again. It says to use this at least 3 times a week which is great for me since thats how often I wash my hair in a week anyway sometimes less than that. The Salicylic Acid helps clear out your follicles and rid your scalp of oil/flake build-up. This can be a little drying since this is a treatment shampoo and not meant to moisturize so I remedy this by following this up with a very moisturizing conditioner and leave-in. The best part is this is totally unscented! Will def be repurchasing. Here is the ingredient list: Salicylic Acid (3%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C-14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Polyquaternium-22, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate.