November 23, 2014 | 904 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by shellstah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a bunch of these in different shades on sale for $3.99 at SDM since they're regularly $7.99 - $10.49 and it was the best decision I ever made! I wasn't really into lip products but these have got me hooked! I typically apply a thin layer of lipbalm, do my face makeup, and then apply the lipstick. Then I either blot it with a layer of tissue paper OR I dip my finger into some power and apply it on top. I LOVE the matte finish it gives and man did I hit jackpot with "Mauve It Over". It is my HG lipstick!!

I took 1 lippie off the packaging because for some reason out of the 8 - 9 Revlon matte lipsticks I bought, MIO was the only one that seemed to always scrape the white plastic in the tube so the bullet came up pretty scratched up after a few uses. Even if I had not dropped it and it broke, I would have probably still depotted it into another container.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by TishLiu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the feel of these SL Matte lipsticks, moisturizing but they don't come off with one sip of water. But the colors just don't work great for me I'll try the regular Super Lustrous range.

Mauve it Over is a pretty, muted milky shade of berry. It just disappears on my skin tone (NC25) and natural lips because my own lips happen to be this pretty shade of berry!

Really Red is nice but a bit too sharp, like tones of vermillion in it almost. I might need to layer it with a deeper red.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I had four or five of these lipsticks and because they are being discontinued in (my part of?) Europe I was able to get them for cheaper in many stores in the last months. I gave ''Really red'' and ''In the red'' to my friend because they were not creamy enough (I like my reds creamy) and because the color wasn't very flattering on my NW15 skin, plus they looked like they were dupes of each other so there was no point in having both. I really don't understand how one range that contains about 20-30 lipsticks includes two that look almost the same.
Nude attitude had a nice formula but the color was catastrophic, it was a sickly orangey nude, not a pretty pink/brown one so I tossed it a week after I got it.
I really like Pink about it and it is probably my favorite shade in the range, very vibrant and summery. The formula unfortunately does accentuate any dry spot and even moisturizing beforehand doesn't help a lot plus you end up with glossy lips which isn't the look I go for when I buy a matte lipstick.
Sky Pink (which I am not sure belongs in this range) is a beautiful color but because of its paleness the dry patches are even more obvious and even good preparation of lips doesn't help IMO.
All in all I am happy that there is a matte range in drugstores but the formula really isn't anything special, I find Wet n' wild's matte lipstick line much better.
Once applied on the lips the feeling wasn't that uncomfortable but it still wasn't that pleasant to wear. The lipstick doesn't have a scent or taste. I would buy again because I noticed some shades are better than others and because there are so many pretty colors in it. I am quite sad that I couldn't get my hands on Strawberrry suede.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by pelini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am going to disagree with the other reviewers -- I don't like this lipstick. I have it in Nude Attitude and Smoked Peach. Maybe there are differences in quality between different colors but these two colors I have come on very unevenly and cling to dry patches even when you don't have dry patches! I would recommend Sephora's number 07 in Maniac Mat if you want a nude peach and one of NYX matte lipsticks if you are looking for a standard nude.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by smurfettesg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love love these lipsticks, i never would have thought i would love matte lipstick but these have changed my mind, i have pink shades and wish they would make more, maybe ill get a red one, who knows, but these have what made me fall in love with revlon as a brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by prettygreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have mauve it over and will be repurchasing it once it runs out - I wear it constantly, it goes with everything! My favourite lipstick hands down, will be buying in some other shades at some point.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by TheBrokenShadowsOfMySoul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are amazing lipsticks. They are matte and don't feel drying AT ALL they don't have a scent. They are very creamy and glide on smoothly. They last a long time and don't smudge all over my teeth. My mom loves them too. Go buy some! :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 7:57:00 AM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Revlon's matte lipstick formula is opaque, pigmented, shimmerless, and best of all, non-drying. I have three shades -- Mauve it Over (medium warm nude), Sky Pink (pale peachy pink), and Pink About It (a saturated bright pinkish coral), which is my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 5:23:00 AM More reviews by wmhfnrzu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's sad how there's so much hate for this product. I think this is drying yes, but it can definately be worked with! For a drugstore lippie going for SG$13.90, you've got to give and take I think. Fantastic pigmentation and perfect finish, I've always put Vaseline before I sleep and before I put on any lip product and the lipstick goes on fine! I don't think the lipstick should be applied bare though, that might be he reason why it's so drying. Some chapstick or balm will def do the trick. I personally love these lippes! Gonna get them all, Revlon!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by amycarter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I HATE THESE. The Really Red was the only one I liked of the bunch. I bought Really Red, Smoked Peach, and Mauve it Over. The other two dried my lips out and SUNK INTO ALL THE LINES IN MY LIPS. And that is with exfoliating and moisturizing my lips completely. I hate these and returned all three. I will not be buying again. I love matte lipsticks and know they can be drying...but I WON'T be buying these...I cannot recommend these at all....beautiful colours though. If they made them in another formulation I would buy them.