July 22, 2014 | 2127 users online

Polishes - SinfulColors - Tokyo Pearl

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by kiramekihoshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ugh. Another white frosty pearl with terrible application. I mean, I knew what I was getting into when I bought it because it's clearly a pearl, and I know the typical application frosty pearls have, but for some reason I was still surprised at how much I disliked it. So old-lady-like.

I heard that if you apply a frosty pearl using a makeup sponge, it looks better, but I haven't tried it. I'll give it a shot before this bottle goes in the swap box, but I'm not expecting much.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by SilentPerfection

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I prefer pearl tips when i french mani and this is a great cheap replacement for the revlon i used to use and im just as happy with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by jedda

Beautiful silvery pearl white. Takes two coats, and it can be streaky. Thicker coats make it less streaky. I love to use this as a summer pedicure color - it looks great with a tan!

I took off a point for packaging, because I would prefer a wider brush. I would repurchase - for 99, it can't be beat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this color! I have been searching for a nail polish that is not stark white. This is a beautiful mix of silver and white, so it doesn't look so extreme as plain white does. It's very shiny and goes very well with my skin tone. It has a very classy, sophisticated look that will work well anywhere. The application is very smooth and not streaky. 2 coats provide a beautiful opaque silvery white color. I really love this color and I'm so happy I got this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Leslieno1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this color. Silvery and shiny. Has great staying power. No chipping after 6 days. A keeper!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by dreamxsoul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this color on a whim during one of my trips to NYC. I was intrigued by the pearly color so I decide to try it out. Personally, I feel that it's a great color, very feminine. However, it doesn't really look good with my skin tone when I apply it over the entire nail.

So one day i decided to try doing french manicure with this color instead of a white polish, and I love the outcome! It's a bit different and makes my nails look really healthy and shiny. Sometimes, I also layer a pink polishes over tokyo pearl and they make interesting combos and all look gorgeous.

As for the staying power, it's really good for its price. It usually stays on without chipping/cracking at all for 2 to 3 days, then you'll get a bit of wear on the edges of the nails. But it will stay put pretty well for about 5 days. Of course, you should definitely wear a good base coat and top coat with it to enhance its staying power.

Overall, this color isn't the most special/ hard-to-find color, but it's great for the price and good for experimenting with layering polishes.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by spindazzle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this for a few weeks and my nails began splitting and cracking like I have never seen. I immediately stopped (now about two months) and nails back to normal, finally . The color was nicethough, and the price was very inexpensive... but wouldn't use again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 11:33:00 AM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Yet another winner in the inexpensive but high quality Sinful polish line. Tokoyo Pearl is a wonderful white pearl polish that applies nicely and is well pigmentated. Since it is a pearl it isn't a stark white, but a nice soft color that is perfect for any setting - work, home, an evening out. Two coats gave good coverage for me. The texture and consistency of the polish was smooth and easy to apply - not runny or gloopy as some of the Sinful polishes are at times. I got this BOGOF @ Walgreens during one of their many Sinful sales. The regular price is about $1.99 per bottle. I would definitely repurchase this polish and will continue to use the Sinful polish line. This comes packaged in the standard polish bottle w/the standard polish brush applicator.