Korres 77S Plum

4.1

on 4/2/2011 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This is one of the worst (quality wise) eyeshadows I have ever used. Definitely worst high end, and it should be noted that I have drugstore eyeshadows with better pigmentation/blendability. It is a beautiful dark plum color in the pan, but I can not for the life of me get that color on my eyelids. Swatching it with a finger worked, but when I tried to use a brush, it picked up no pigment. I tried using a wet brush. I tried using my finger. I got desperate and scratched little hatch marks all over the eyeshadow, marring its beauty, but at that point I didn't care I jsut wanted it to WORK, as an eyeshadow that doesn't apply is pointless. So, after mildly destroying the eyeshadow and applying it wet I was able to WHEN LAYERING IT, get the color there. And then it wouldn't blend. So... basically the worst most frustrating eyeshadow ever. Maybe I got a dud? Horrible.

on 8/17/2010 2:11:00 AM

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
the colour is just so pretty! it's a burgundy purple colour with shimmer... and looks fantabulous on my peepers!
i have many eye shadows but none that quite compare to this beautiful and rich colour.
i noticed that someone commented that it made their eyes look bruised, but i can't say it does to mine.
i wear concealer cuz i have dark circles but this shadow doesn't highlight them. and the colour stays forever!
add that to the fact that Korres products are so natural and i have zero complaints about this one!
and i love the smallness of the compact (so easy to transport) and the price point is nice too.
i bought mine on sale & bought every Korres shadow and am sooo glad that i did! they're so pigmented and i love how SMOOTHLY they go on.
so worth it!

on 5/7/2010 7:38:00 PM

Plum is gorgeous in the pan, very pigmented on my finger, and terrible on the eye. I applied with several different brushes, and when I try to blend the color fades away into a pale, bruised, smoky mess. Purple-red shadows are notoriously difficult to get pigmented (I'm no chemist but I think it has something to do with the red dye), and I had really high hopes for this one. I think the softness of the formula makes it easy to blend away quickly. I have better success if I use a sponge-tip applicator and blend very carefully around the edges of the color, but that's still an awful lot of babying for a supposedly mid-to-high-end shadow.

The minimalist packaging is great. You get lots of product for the size and it's a perfect size for travel. A clear window would've been nice, but the label on the back is the color of the shadow, so it's still easy to identify.
continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is such a pretty color. I think it's very similar to MAC's Nocturnelle. Blends wells with other shadows and lasts throughout!

on 8/17/2009 12:19:00 AM

Gorgeous purple. Silky, easy to blend, pigmented and shimmery. Really brings out green eyes either as the lid color or crease.

on 4/21/2009 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This is one of the prettiest purple e/s I've ever seen..it's so rich and shimmery...great texture. I like to wear it on the lid with Carbon in the crease or with Say Yeah on my lid and this in the crease. Not the cutest packaging, but whatever, I just wish you could see through the lid. I think it was $16 at Sephora. If you are into smoky looks or purple e/s this is an awesome e/s!

on 2/13/2009 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a nice deep plummy purple. Its not bright, its fairly dark in tone, highly pigmented, easy to blend. I am not big on purple e/s..this one is nice. I got this in the plum kit from sephora w/the lip butter and l/g, I hate both lip products, but I really do like this e/s. Its very nice.

on 12/31/2008 4:49:00 PM

Holy... yes, I've found it!
Being the Korres-obsessed person I am, I had to get the set this was contained in. It was a great value, yes... but that and brand aside, I loved the plum/purple theme of the products offered.
I was floored with this eyeshadow.
Years and years and years ago, I had this same exact shade, but by Trucco by Sebastian. It ended up smashing in my makeup bag and I had to wave goodbye to it. I've never found a similar eyeshadow since-- not in colour, texture, pigmentation, etc. Until I got this!

It's a deep, shimmery plum purple. It's almost metallic looking, but not quite. Colour is intense, is an ease to blend, and stays true for hours and hours.

It's perfect!

on 12/15/2008 1:29:00 AM

This eyeshadow is included in Korres Sugar Plums set. It is a rich, deep, mysterious plum shade that really seems true-to-color. It comes in a small flip-top little compact. Nothing too fancy...could be cuter I suppose but it works...the formula is flecked with shimmer and has rich, almost metallic effects. It works awesomely as a liner for the eyes. It will give you amazing, deep plum smoldering party eyes too...if you want that effect. I tend to use it as an accent shadow and it works wonderfully for that. It does fleck a little as you apply it, due to all the shimmer in it, but I brush that away with a separate brush after I'm finished. It seems to travel just a teeny bit if you have any oiliness in your eyelids/around your eyes, but it doesn't fade during the day. I have no problems blending it as a liner, but it can be a bit tricky to blend onto the eyelid itself...I use a soft eyeshadow brush to apply...overall this color is simply amazing and I'm very pleased with it!

Popular Eye Shadows