October 20, 2014 | 1950 users online

Hair Treatments - Chihtsai Instant Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Butter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a splurge and a half, considering there are drugstore products that work almost as good for a fraction of the price, but a little goes a long way. I have hair down to my waist and only need a dime size amount.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Fluffysealion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dyed my hair over 6 months ago, and my ends never recovered. Futhermore, I recently curled my hair for a special event, and even though I used heat protectant, my hair still received some damage. So lately, my hair has been tangled (I have to detangle with my fingers every morning before brushing though), and my ends have being weird (bending in different directions). I desperately need a trim, but as it's close to the end of the year, I'm super busy and won't be able to book an appointment until just before Christmas. So I looked online for a temporary fix and came across Chihtsai's Instant Treatment. Living in Australia means that everything cosmetics and skin/hair care related is more expensive than the states, so this product cost me $55.

I use it on my towel dried hair after my shower. I put the product in my hair up to the ears and put extra amounts on the tips and back of the neck (where it gets super tangled and split for some reason). Since then, I've had manageable hair which is super soft. The effect doesn't last for several days unfortunately, so I have to reapply everyday, but it's definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by gypcc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been looking for something to help smooth out my frazzled hair... it's not so much that it's damaged (altho I do dye it)... I don't blow dry often... no real heat styling. It's our water which is ridiculously HARD and I also think my hair texture is changing because of the whole [shutters to admit this] getting older thing!!!! My hair is long... thin (but a lot of it) and straight(ish, it seems to want to wave these days). So heavier conditioners... don't do it.... the hard water is no match for them and I wind up looking like I didn't shower... Leave in's... ehh... haven't found one that does enough to smooth. I don't like using silicone drops because they build up and are hard to wash out in the hard water & always seem to dry my hair out. I saw a youtube video about Sons of Anarchy and the hairdresser for the show mentioned this product... that I had never heard of before... and it was on one of those bad hair days so I found it on ebay and went for it. I absolutely LOVE THIS STUFF!!!! It's lightweight... a little goes an incredibly long way... it's got a really nice clean scent that lingers but isn't overpowering and the SOFTNESS... there's just no way to explain how soft this makes my hair. I've found the product that my hair was craving. It's made my hair feel like it used to... it doesn't weigh it down, doesn't dry it out (because sometimes that happens w/build up of a product). It's pricey... but it's worth it in my opinion. I definitely recommend it. I won't be without it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by mizsockmonkey

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do on-camera work sometimes and discovered this product when a hair stylist on set used it on me. I wasn't sure what it was, but I loved the smell, so I asked, and she absolutely raved about it. Esuchen Chihtsai Instant Treatment is a thick, almost waxy cream that you can run through your hair to eliminate frizz and protect from styling damage. I absolutely loved the way it smelled. She showed me the jar and said, "See, it only has two ingredients - rosemary and silk protein!" (this turned out to be not true - it actually has other ingredients, the jar just doesn't list them all.)
I decided to treat myself to a jar (and it IS a treat - it's about 50 bucks per jar on Amazon). However, a jar lasts a very long time, as you don't have to use much. A pea-sized amount adds softness and shine to my hair. And I know I mentioned it smells amazing, but seriously this is probably the best smelling hair product I've ever used. Sometimes I apply it to my bangs to get a slightly more piece-y look after blowdrying. You can also use it on wet hair, after shampooing and before drying. I'm rarely loyal to hair products because I always want to try new things, but I'm definitely going to keep purchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by ShanraeDeux

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a fantastic product. My hairdresser in Los Angeles suggested it and since she's always been so right on about products for me, I bought it. I had some sticker shock because it was $41 for this tub of goo. It's fantastic, though. I have super thick hair, and this really softens it up. I use it before blowing my hair straight and it seems to protect the hair as well as make the blow out last longer. It smells divine, like a grown up, not overly sweet and candy-like. A little bit goes a long way, and I've found that I don't need to use very expensive conditioners, as this does that job quite well. I don't normally love leave in conditioners, but this one?? I've repurchased 4 times now. I get it off eBay though, since I moved away from LA. I just love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 1:06:00 AM More reviews by socalsuperstar

I am excited to have found a great product. I was in a small boutique the other day that specializes in hard to find brands. I was there to pick up some more of my embriolisse moisturizer (another review). I found a line of hair care products called Chihtsai. They had three ranges from what I could see. They had a whole Olive range (which I want to try too), a volume and shine range and a Yellow range. I was impressed with the ingredients and the PH range so I thought I would give this a try. I was looking for a good leave in conditioner for my hair. I pulled a jar of what looked like face cream on the outside. It was glass, elegant looking and smelled good. The sales girl came up and said that this was their most popular product. When I asked why she pulled open the jar, scooped a little out with her fingers and rubbed it up against my arm. It felt....different. It wasn't waxy, silicone laden, slippery or liquid. It felt very soft, like silk. As it rubbed into my skin it penetrated instantly leaving my skin soft and smelling good. I decided to pick some up. On the first test, I rubbed some in my hair before bed. Just a little, as the product is concentrated. Then I combed through. My hair felt smooth and very soft. When I woke up in the morning my hair still looked great. Something in the product is very effective at protecting and hiding end damage. On my second test, I used it after shampooing before blowdrying. I used a little more this time. Then I used my regular Kerastase Nutri-Sculpt before blowdrying. When I was done my hair was soft and super shiny. What I discovered made this product second to none was not the compliments I received on my hair. Instead it was the fact that unlike other products, it did not make my hair oily or weigh it down. I was able to go three days without washing my hair. I have thick, layered, long, straight with bangs platinum hair that I flat iron so it's not the best for me to wash my hair every day as it takes a long time to style and I don't want to damage it. This product was on the expensive side $35.00/ not too bad considering this will last me a year because it's so concentrated. After surfing the web I found it's available for a lot less. It's hard to find, at least here in California. In my opinion this product is very good. It's Asian Kerastase for me. And it's rare to find an asian with bad hair. :-) The product was inspired by a flux of Euro and Chinese culture. (The website explains). I want to try more from this line. It's certainly worth checking out!