September 19, 2014 | 1681 users online

Crème - Cover Girl - Simply Ageless

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by perfumista1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I adore this foundation. So far no allergies after 2 days. I picked my shade using Findation.com and it was right on the money. I am NC30 and my match was #240 Natural Beige. I think this color is less orange or pink than MAC and closer to natural skin. I wanted to like Studio Tech but I got cystic acne from it and the shades were too pigmented and unnatural. This foundation is everything I wanted Studio Tech to be at half the cost!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Tmartini84

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is amazing!!!!! I put it on using an elf or real techniques stipple brush while my moisturizer is still moist on my face. It blends wonderfully and the result is so natural. A little bit goes a long way with this one. I start out very light and just add a little more as I go where needed. It doesn't look or feel like I'm wearing foundation. It doesn't settle into any lines or dry patches on me. I have dry/combination skin. The only thing that bothers me about the packaging is that it's not a compact so you have to take the whole lid off. I do my makeup on the go a lot and having a brush in one hand and the makeup in the other and the lid in my lap isn't always easy. But I'll use this makeup forever regardless. Love love love it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never hear anyone talk about this foundation but I like to try out the "under dogs" of the foundation world so figured I would try it (I am an admitted foundation hoarder also). I LOVE this foundation! It has awesome coverage, and the finish is so pretty - it isn't completely flat & matte, but it's not dewy either, just in between. I have a "normal" skin type so I am not sure how oily skinned people would like this, but I personally love it. Definitely worth a try. I got the shade number 245 which works for my medium olive skin tone. I read before purchasing to buy a shade that is about 1 shade darker than your skin tone, because once you mix the foundation and the white "serum" that are swirled together, the shade ends up being a little lighter than it looks in the packaging - which is true. As far as application goes, this is not a liquid foundation so you have to dip your brush into the jar. I like to use my ELF flat top brush, and also sanitize the brush after each use with the ELF daily brush spray which works great. Over all I feel like this just makes my skin look so smooth and nice. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by pattypatpatty

Nononono. Wish I could give negative stars. When I first picked this up I thought "weee skincare in makeup! This'll be awesome!" Oh boy was I EVER wrong. The next day I put it on using my elf flat top powder brush, the coverage was light/medium and clung to lines and dry patches on my oily face! Fake cake city. Like, what. It wouldn't power down to a matte finish but powder did help...for 30 minutes. I just became a plate of oil that day and my face itched sooo badly. When I washed my face that night I could feel all the little bumps and sores it caused. Not cool. I'm not even giving it a second chance.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by vyuen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

First time using a Covergirl cream foundation + a bonus is I like Olay moisturizers. I have normal skin in Summer, and slight dry to dry in Winter. I used this foundation for a few days this month mid Spring in Canada - and it works great!

For reference I am a MAC NC25, so the shade 225 (Buff Beige) works well, not too yellow & have a neutral tone to it. I have Asian light warm skin tone.

I tried it without a moisturzier on first morning, and it feels a little dry upon application. After about an hour later, when the foundation starts to truly settled in, my skin feels fine. Another morning, I prepped my skin with a light moisturizer and then while my face is still moist with the lotion, I quick blend in this foundation, and no dryness, feels good for the rest of the day.

Coverage in surely good at about a medium leve. If apply a little heavy handed, it can be a full coverage. For me, I like medium for everyday office look (I am in my mid 40's) and therefore a little goes a long way for this foundation, it is quite pigmented.

It lasts me about 5 to 6 hours and if I applied a layer of powder with it, it does go to about 7 to 8 hours no problem, no need for mid-day touch up!
However, if you have combination to oily skin, you may find it does not last as long as my skin type.

The finish is matte but with a soft dew look, which I like. Not cakey, 'mask-like' or heavy.

I think overall this is a good foundation for women with normal skin. If you have slightly dry skin, you will need to prep the skin well before applying. Remember to swirl your foundation brush or sponge so that the white serum & the cream foundation will mix well. The foundation is a little lighter on the skin than in the container, due to the white serum mixed in when applying to the skin. It has spf 22 which is fantastic too for sun protection.

In Winter, I think I will go back to my other more emollient cream foundations (e.g. Elizabeth Arden & Anna Sui).

I got mine when it was buy one get one half price, so not too bad.
Try to get it when it goes on sale. I'll re-purchase in future.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by annafefifofanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Let's see, well I apply this foundation with my real techniques expert face brush. This brush really picks up the product and lets a little go a long way... I initially tried a stippling brush but it didn't work as well. The first thing I liked about this foundation was that it doesn't possess the usual "Cover Girl scent." I really hate that lingering smell and it usually makes me avoid Cover Girl but this foundation has a very light smell at the worst. The next thing I liked was the color. I'm always the lightest shade in foundations and sometimes even those can be too dark, or too orange, or too pink. And although in the package it looks a little dark (if your pale skinned you know what I mean lol) I was pleasantly surprised. The color has almost a grayish tone to it compared to the usual orange or pink. It's just a cool creamy ivory which basically perfectly matched my skin tone. The coverage was pretty good, I'd say light to medium. You can build it a little but then it starts getting cakey. When first applied the finish is almost slightly matte,which I didn't expect from a cream foundation. The lasting power was average I'd say, definitely didn't look like it did when I put it on 4 hours later and became slightly oily which hindered it's lasting power even further from there. The one thing that really leaves me on edge with this foundation is that its weirdly not moisturizing,.. I know a lot of the comments say it's good for dry skin and doesn't cling to dry patches but I would disagree. I'd say this is DECENT at best, for dry skin. In my opinion it does cling a little to dry patches and can cake up around blemishes, which I'm not a fan of. Right now my face is dull and dry and I have a few blemishes, but I'm going to keep trying it for a while and see if I like it any more when my face is in a little better condition. Right now I said I would not repurchase, just because it's not that great and it's expensive for the drugstore (around $14 at Walmart)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by rainydaygrl

This is a very nice foundation good coverage, does not become dry and cakey but doesn't disappear either coverage last all day. Finish is luminous but not twelve year old girl glittery. price is great. I have used many high dollar foundations this is as good as any. Good color range for matching skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just turned 50 and started wearing this foundation about six months ago. People have actually mentioned how great my skin looks since I switched to this. I use the small stippling brush by e.l.f. and it works great. You need very little product but as someone else mentioned, it's very easy to build coverage if needed. I'm on my second one, really love this makeup!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by tinydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is a surprise that a drugstore product should top my list of foundations. I have color 250. I apply it lightly - use with either a brush or dampened beauty blender. I follow with a light dusting of Jane Iredale powder in golden glow. The best look ever. My skin is oily and I thought the creamy formula would be too much but I prefer it to any lotion formula I've ever used including BB.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

WOW - I too am shocked that this foundation has only one review.

I absolutely love this foundation. I was recently using CG Outlast 3-in-1 foundation with great results until about a month or so ago. Because the Outlast has a super matte finish, I found that my fine lines, pores, etc., were magnified. That was disheartening. I switched from powder to liquid to avoid that exact scenario. So, when I noticed that the imperfections were magnified, I decided I had to leave my Outlast and find something in a cream form - that's when I spotted this product. I am in between a NC25 & NC30, so I went with 230 (Classic Beige) and it's an almost perfect match. I think the next go around I will try 240 (Natural Beige) or Creamy Beige. My face has warm tones to it but my neck area has cool tones to it so whichever has less pink in the formula will be the one. My skin tone is so fickle that I may end up blending two shades.

Anyhow, back to this awesome product. It's super easy to use and I love the packaging. I followed my normal routine of cleansing, exfoliating, then moisturizing before applying the foundation. I ended using my e.l.f. Studio Powder Brush to apply and WOW - it was like someone had airbrushed my skin. This coverage is buildable and since the product doesn't dry in 10 seconds, I was able to apply more in certain areas and easily blend it in with areas that didn't require extra coverage. I'd say a flat top kabuki or stipple brush works best for this particular foundation. MAC's 190 may not be suitable for this formulation.

I didn't need concealer nor did I need to set this foundation with powder. It's long wearing and thus far, does not cause breakouts (huge PLUS for me!). I can definitely see myself purchasing this again - it is a little pricey for a drug store foundation, but it performs well and a little really does go a long way, so it's worth the initial investment.