August 21, 2014 | 987 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Black Lingerie

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Got this as part of a swap from a lady who found she doesn't like dark polishes on herself. I didn't really need any more black, but here it is, I've tried it, and so I'll review it.

This is actually a pretty okay polish. I was not enthusiastic about yet another black polish, but this is pretty nice. It's a jelly-creme, and so goes on somewhat streaky and thin, but the second coat evens things up, self-levels, and achieves opacity or close to it (some people might want to use three coats; I was happy with two). When dry, it has pretty nice colour depth (I know, strange to say that about a black polish, but it's not "flat" like so many black cremes can be), and a super shiny finish.

This will make an excellent base for glitter gradients or as undies for certain polishes (flakies, special effects top coats, etc.).

So, not a bad polish at all, and not a bad swap. All in all, this is a pretty worthy addition to my collection, and given the number of black polishes I have, that's saying something.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

This is a glossy sleek stark black polish. It's formula is nice and I felt 2 coats was perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2011 3:12:00 AM More reviews by TheBexExpress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I own about 7 Revlon polishes (people just keep buying them for me) and I cannot fathom people who say they like them. They are almost invariably thin, watery, streaky, slow-drying and short-lived. The best luck I've had with them was with glittery ones, so the black creme one didn't stand much of a chance.

Revlon has a really good colour range, and this really is an amazing creme black finish. It started to chip and peel of in DRAMATIC quantities- the day after application. Not exaggerating, I couldn't believe it. And it takes too many coats to get to the finish in the first place. Seriously, I love Revlon products but the polishes just SUCK.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by SinisterRouge

This is my absolutely favorite black go-to polish. The finishing color is absolutely perfect. Dark and shiny. For me, it lasts for about a week, which is as long as I need it to last, as I typically do my nails weekly. I've bought this color over and over again and will continue to do so!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Dreamcrusher86

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Black creme polish.they are a dime a dozen.This has been collecting dust ever sence Sally Hansen came out with the Insta-Dri polishes.When I want black I use that kind in Night Flight.Dries alot quicker and the formula is thicker.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 2:49:00 AM More reviews by PinkSoFoxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Revlon makes excellent nail polish. I usually purchase OPI or China Glaze because they offer such a great selection of unique colors. But when I need a basic shade Revlon is a good alternative. Lingerie Black is a true black, it's goes on creamy and does not chip easily. I use it in many of my favorite nail designs.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2009 8:19:00 AM More reviews by couture2387

It's a true black. I did two coats and it's completely opaque. Doesn't chip easily and has a nice shine. I usually buy OPI but after wearing this one I went and bought another Revlon polish.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by anee

I got this one in BOGO . It has a good colour and it worked well when applied in second coat . I will buy it again for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2008 3:36:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's black. It's a cream. It's a black cream. Not terribly unique but this applied well and was opaque in one coat. Easy going on and easy to remove, didnt stain my nails. I confess I purchased it more for the name and less for the color but I may buy it again I suppose. I like it better than WnWs black cream but find Sinfuls black cream to be the exact same.