October 21, 2014 | 1609 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous - Blushing Nude

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

price: 2
packaging: 4
repurchase: yes

I was surprised by how much I like this formula. It's creamy with enough cling to keep it from feathering, but my lips never feel dry when wearing it for 4+ hours (I'm a balm addict so this is a big plus for me). I can get 4 hours of good wear while sipping water. It applies with a bit of sheen and dries down to a satin-leaning matte. On my NC15-20 yet-very-warm skin, Blushing Nude is browner than what I'd think of as a traditional nude-- the best way I can describe it is a medium rosy brown. It has a polished, sexy 70's vibe going on which I've discovered I kinda love! I took a point off for the sparse silver sparkles because they're such a weird thing to put in this shade, but they're scarce enough not to translate to the lips. I haven't delved deep into drugstore lipsticks, but I will be going back to Revlon because I think they've done a pretty great job with the Super Lustrous line for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 5:11:00 AM More reviews by lifnisanders

perfect nude for a tan skin!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by paperrflowerrs

The color is really nice, I would describe it as a bricky red color with brown tones. The only downside is the giant chunks of glitter that some how end up all over my face and transfers. Really disappointed with the glitter but I hope the come out with the matte version because it's a great color.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by AlisiaL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first Revlon lipstick purchase I have made since middle school and after hearing about such great praises for Revlon lipstick I just had to try it out again. Normally, I really like wearing Rimmel lippies but Revlon Super Lustrous really is a top notch drug store lipstick.

Blushing nude a nice shade for people who have medium skin with a warm/olive undertone. The finish is creamy, not drying, and long lasting. The shade is certainly not nude but neutral tawny color with a hint of red and brown. I would say it is about 2 shades darker than my natural lip color and looks really nice and great lippie to wear in the summer/fall for day use. I could not smell any sort of fragrance and the packaging was the standard Revlon black tube with the gold band and very classy. I have to say that after this purchase I have my eyes set on purchasing more Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks. Target sells a decent selection but not the entire 80 shades for $4.99 and that is also another reason I plan on getting more.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by mayrei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipstick based on swatches I've seen online and the generally good reviews. The color has been described by many as being a neutral rosy nude. I have to say this was not the case for me, and on my lips it is a straight up terra cotta orange/brown. Absolutely hideous on my lips. I can't believe that this has been described as a cool or neutral color, so it must really just look completely different on different people. I have light, cool/neutral skin and medium pigmented lips. It looks SO warm on me, and very, very orange. Very disappointed. Also found the texture to be dry and it tugged a lot during application. It was fairly matte and made my lips feel dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by heh8787

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am so disappointed with this lipstick. I was unable to really see the color I was buying as Revlon lipsticks are sealed which prevents people from taking the cap off. Both a good (hygiene) and a bad thing (hard to tell what color/finish you are actually getting). The swatch on the bottom of the tube and the little bit of color I could see through the clear top looked great so I bought it. Plus, it was cheap. $4.99 at Target. I put it on in the car and loved it. The color was great. Definitely not a "nude", but more of a muted brownish red. Very natural and kind of 90's ish (in a good way). Then I got home and inspected it closer in the mirror. Is that glitter on my lips? Really? Wait...it's ALL OVER my lips...and there's huge chunks of it! I got out the tube and inspected the "cream" formula lipstick. Sure enough, filled with tacky, cheap looking glitter. It's a cream formula! Not a frost or a lustre. What the heck, Revlon? This is my problem with drugstore cosmetics (lipstick and eyeshadow in particular). Huge chunks of glitter is not the same as "shimmer". And if I buy a "cream" lipstick, it should be just that. I am going to return this to Target and try to find something else that is a similar shade but has no glitter. So again, super disappointing because the shade itself is lovely. If you like glitter, knock yourself out with this lipstick!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by melam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's such a shame. The colour is really quite pretty and perfect for day wear but the specks of glitter really turn me off. Somehow they end up everywhere on my face.

Only 3/5 because for me, that makes it the difference between being wearable and unwearable.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by ngozi85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Simply put, this color does not complement darker African American skin tones (NW45)

It's much too brown and I'm not a fan of the specks of glitter in it. I'll pass...

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by tyisha19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Kinda disappointed why is there glitter specks in a cremesheen formula??????? I am so upset....not sure if I will purchase another!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by fihe

great formula, awesome color! I was fortunate enough to receive it as an extra in a swap. little did I know that it would become one of my favorite lipsticks! I would describe this as a MLBB color. it's what I wanted Soft Rose to be; it has the nice rosy color I want my lips to have, but is more wearable. the formula is moisturizing and pigmented, and doesn't wear off easily. I'm not sure what else to say other than that I love it ^_^