April 16, 2014 | 2159 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by winghearted

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very sheer and milky pink. One coat will be too sheer to see any colour. Two coats and you have a natural, healthy pink. This is a nice shade for people who want a muted colour that isn't too obvious. It's very easy to apply, no streaks or uneven texture. Will repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Cathhe8D

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am not really a nail polish girl... But I like them to be a bit long and look clean! And this product works great! Plus, I like the fact that it's shear! We can see the white part of the nail on it and it doesn't look weird! The shade is well balanced between pink and peach! Kind of a cheap and not-so-polished french manicure! ;) It really makes me think of the result my friends get with gel!!! Give it a try, you won't regret it! ^^

I took a picture, I'll put it up there! Sorry for the bad lighting and the poor-iPhone-quality but I think you can still see the difference! It will be named my nickname. My little finger has one coat, my ring finger 2, and so on... to my thumb that has 5! Since it is so shear, the first coat looks like any normal top coat would... In the second we see the begining of a color... I think 3 is perfect! After that, is is more opaque... It depends of what you are looking for! ^^

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by dinaaa107

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got it for $8.49 at target bc I like the natural nails look. I love this nail polish. This is my first review on here because I love the nail polish hat much. It's gel like and it's slightly pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by dootdootdoot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the only polish I've made a dent in. Looks polished, but still natural. I can't stand statement nails/nail art/even COLORED fingernails because it chips so easily and clashes with clothing. If my nails aren't bare, you can bet I'm wearing Essie Mademoiselle.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by leprechauness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WOW! I'm not really a nail polish person, I only have about five polishes at the moment. I just don't love nail polish enough to enjoy any exciting colors on my nails, and I really only bother to do my nails if I have something that I find utterly, mind-blowingly gorgeous. I know, I'm so much fun... Well this is the most beautiful nail polish I have ever, and I really mean ever, seen. Sure, there are all sorts of strikingly awesome seasonal looks that make you want to go and buy a polish or two right away, but they rarely look like something you'd love eternally and be able to wear absolutely anywhere you want. Mademoiselle, on the other hand, is the most perfect, sheer, pink nude that I can imagine, and it really is perfect forever and for any occasion. It's cute, feminine, grown-up, and professional at the same time, and it seems to complement every skin tone. I use a base coat followed by two thin layers of Mademoiselle, and I get smooth and glossy, gorgeous nails with a clean and fresh look. It'll make an incredible French manicure with white tips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

This color is so sheer compared to others I've used in the past but it also is one of the cleanest colors I own. I love the fact that it dries fast and makes my nails appear glass like and healthy. It's also a good shade if your on the go because it's pretty impossible to make a mistake.even though it seems streaky it evens out on its own through drying. Essie is Def my fav with opi coming in close second. Well continue to purchase. Picked mine up at Walmart for 7$

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by csquared14

The Holy Grail of sheer pinks and the only nail polish bottle I've ever finished and had to buy again. This is the bottle I reach for every time when I need a polish that looks pretty, neat, professional, and just makes my nails look nice. It's very sheer--just one step away from a clear coat. It makes your nails look like a better, glossier version of themselves. If you're looking to hide any serious imperfections, this isn't your girl. But if you want to enhance what you already have, it's perfect. It dries super-fast and is quite durable, like most Essie shades. The finish is very shiny. Essie is a few dollars more than your normal drugstore brand, but for a long-lasting polish that is never going to look out-of-place in any situation (and, moreover, for a bottle that you will most likely maybe actually use up), it's worth every penny.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by coffeedogsmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For the record, I am not a "nail person". I own maybe 10 nailpolishes. Just got Mademoiselle because I was looking for really clean, simple and mistake-proof. In the store, I was debating between all the Essie light pinks (they all look pretty much the same in the bottle) but I liked the undertone of Mademoiselle the best - sort of cooler, leans just a tiny bit lavender-pink compared to the others. (It's not lavender by any means though) The finish is super shiny and I agree with the other reviews that say it looks like gel. Covers up all my nails' imperfections - and I have far from perfect nails. Doesn't streak or do anything weird when applying. I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for natural-looking nails.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Normally I don't spend any more than $6 on nail polish but I've had my eye on this for a while. I've asked estheticians to use this colour for my fingernails as I love the 'my nails but better' look it gives me. I rarely wear dark colours on my fingers as they're too high maintenance for me. (unless it's a shellac or gel polish)
This is the perfect colour for a neutral, polished look and it makes my fingers look lean and long.

I'm impressed with the longevity of Essie polishes compared to Revlon or Sally Hansen which are the brands I've used regularly. The polish applies smoothly without streaking and lasts for several days before I start to notice any chipping.

It looks like I'm sold on spending the extra money on Essie polishes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have every color nail polish under the sun, I'm a bit of a nail polish freak and out of all the ones I own this has always been my top favorite is one of the few polishes that I've finished! I've gone through about 4-5 bottles of this stuff.

PROS
-very nautral and classy looking. i wore this on my wedding day and I received so many compliments. it's perfect for a DIY french manicure but also looks gorgeous on it's own!
-it's nude but no too nude. some nude polishes dont look like you have anything on your nails, this one has just the right amount of color. it's not too sheer or too opaque. it's perfect.
-you can build up the polish to your desired opaqueness, you can layer it all day long and it won't get stringy or sticky on you.
-beautiful baby pink. not too bright, not too light. just perfect.
-i can go about 5-6 days without noticing any chipping or peeling.
-dries pretty fast. i usually do 2 coats and it takes about 3-5 mins for them to dry.
-doesnt have a really strong smell. some nail polishes make me wanna pass out but this one isnt bad at all.
-easy to find. i got mine at walgreens. you can find the best essie collections at target though. atleast where i live. however im sure youre bound to find this shade in almost any drugstore cause it's their most popular one. no wonder!

CONS
-it is quite expensive. 8 dollars, sometimes 7 depending on where you go. for me that's pretty pricey for a nail polish. but would i say it's worth every penny? DEFINITELY.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No