October 2, 2014 | 1354 users online

Hair Treatments - Africa's Best Ultimate Hair oil with Ginseng

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by AmandaGriffin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Super cheap and effective. I am caucasian but with very course hair due to dying and hot tools. I was using Macadamia Oil prior to this, but i've been on a tight budget lately and decided to give this a go. I am absolutely in love with it! It does the same exact thing. My only complaint is the smell, but i've found ways to work around it and it doesn't seem to last too long. Also works great on skin and in the bath as well! Just be careful not to use to much or things can get pretty greasy looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this oil...........For EVERYTHING! Since having highlighted my hair, I mix this in with my Motions conditioners and my hair is soft and manageable. I like the soft "baby lotion" scent. It's also light for an oil. Which I like, as anything heavy weighs my hair down and makes it look greasy. I also love it in the bath and in lotions. I don't like the lid as a lot pours out/leaks out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by karib2012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I use it as a hot oil treatment, on wet hair or dry hair for frizz control, as a body oil. Its my super multi task product that works! It intensely moisturizes everything I use it on. Hair,body or nails. The price is fantastic 1 or 2 dollars. The ingredients are almost completely oils or extracts. It smells like baby oil which is ok for me. The only con is that the packaging makes it a little messy when pouring out but no big deal.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by lallen08

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Good product. Nice formula of different oils. I can only give it three lippies because I don't like the smell and it's not an improvement over straight olive oil for me (which is too heavy). For those who like how olive oil conditions their hair but don't like the smell, this would be a good alternative.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by honu66

I am trying to stay away from harsh chemicals for my hair. I am asian with long, wavy, dry hair. I have been experiencing a lot more fall out recently. I did a henna treatment to my hair, which helped a lot regarding fall out and coloring white hair, but my ends still felt dry and brittle. I bought this at about $2-3/bottle at Walgreen's and I love it. I only need a tsp for my hair and I concentrate it on the ends. This leaves my hair feeling soft, silky, and healthy. It smells of baby oil, which doesn't bother me much, but if fragrance is an issue, this may be a problem as it doesn't seem to go away. That said, it is great for my hair, and skin! I use a dime sized amount on my hands and they are dewy soft! I rub some into my cuticles prior to polish and my manicure looks great! For the price, you are getting a lot! I love it and will continue to use it. I will try deep hair conditioning next. Be careful w/how much you use. You can easily put too much in and will be left w/greasy, heavy hair. Try it! :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 7:11:00 AM More reviews by lamonica08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am actually on my second bottle of this. I was using Seven oil, from Sally's, but this is cheaper and easier to come by. I have purchased this from Walmart and Cvs. It was $2 at Walmart and $3 at Cvs. The smell is better with Seven Oil, more fruity. This one smells like baby powder. Not my favorite, but doesn't really bother me. I use this all over my body in the shower and rinse off after application. I don't need to apply moisturizer after at all, which is great. It has totally ended my shaving irritation issues on my legs. I apply a couple drops on my legs before using body wash to shave and it is way, way better than using shave gel. I think everyone could find a use for this! I also use it when giving manicures/pedicures to moisturize. Use it as hot oil deep conditioner in hair!! Love love love. For $2? Give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 8:12:00 AM More reviews by giasabine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am from Europe and have straight auburn hair that has always been brittle and dry. Coloring it does not help, of course. Initially, I was looking for Washington's Carrot Seed Oil, but I could not find it. Then I saw this product on the shelf, and for the price it was not going to be a great loss, if it did not work for me.

I used it the evening before coloring my hair, by simply massaging and brushing some of it throughout my hair and leaving it in overnight. I did not notice any oily residue on my pillow in the morning. It must have all soaked in pretty good. My hair definitely felt better, after I was done coloring. The same after I washed it two days later.

So far, I really like it. The bottle is brittle, so don't drop it. It may crack. And the smell reminds me of baby wipes, but it is not unpleasant.

Currently I am still experimenting a little. I will try to see, if it may replace or supplement some of my other hair products and then will come back and add a note here.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Chelles93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use either this or hot six oil to wash my face.

I have sensitive, acne-prone skin, and this is a good, mild oil to get the day's grime/sunscreen/makeup off.

Just a wet washcloth or a mild foaming cleanser after massaging this into my face - no greasy/oily residue, just nice, moisturized, nice-looking skin.

Great for my body, too, after I shower.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by anasofie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am white with long bleached hair. I am constantly looking for good conditioners. I had read that ethnic, African-American hair products are great for Caucasian hair, too (especially damaged, dry hair )

So while I was at Wal-Mart I came across this product and read the ingrdients. It has carrot oil, walnut oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, and a few others.

And best of all, it was only $1.97 !! I could not believe how cheap it was. But I went ahead and tried it. I use it as a deep conditioner on my hair twice a week, and heat it up in the microwave for about 10 seconds. I leave it on for about 30 minutes,

My hair came out very silky, soft and beautiful !!! It did not come out greasy at all. And this oil can be used on skin and nails too ! And it smells great.

Of course the only downside is it's quite heavy and thick. So if your hair is normal and/ or oily- you probably should not use this product. This product is one of the best conditioners I've used. It's better than all the the expensive, fancy ones I've used

I highly recommend this product for anyone ( black or white ) who has very dry, damaged hair. I will definitely buy this one again !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice oil. It's very light, soaks right in, leaves my hair and body very moisturized, and works great as a carrier oil. The best part is that it's only $2. Before discovering this product, I would literally purchase my various carrier oils separately and then mix all my things together. I did this for my stretch mark oil, cellulite oil, hair oil, etc etc etc. It was very expensive and time consuming. This has everything in it and eliminates the need to purchase or use so many different things. While I still purchase some oils separately, I find myself using this as a carrier oil most of the time. Essential oils are expensive enough by themselves, so it's nice to have this oil as an alternative. I like that fact that it works for EVERYONE, regardless of ethnicity and hair texture. My hair is 3C, 4A corkscrew curls, my niece is 2C, 3A thick waves, and my friend is blond with Anna Kournikova type hair...this oil works for all of us..on me it's a leave-in, on my niece it is a hair softener, and my friend uses it for hot oil treatments. It's a really great product. EDIT: 12/28/10 ..... I went to Wal-Mart to purchase more of these today and discovered that they've changed to a more "new" and "improved" formulation. The ingredients have CHANGED. Along with no longer having Ginseng Extract, it now has t-butyl hydroquinone (TBHQ). This chemical is in ALOT of foods, cosmetics, beauty products etc. It's very toxic to the liver and kidney's. Needless to say, I'm stocking up on the old version WITHOUT this "antioxidant".