December 18, 2014 | 1755 users online

Shampoo - Davines - Momo

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by pianoBUTTER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

My hair is thick and coarse, not coloured or chemically treated. I don't blow dry either. I HAD to buy this 'cos my regular shampoo ran out of stock (Crabtree & Evelyn Jojoba Oil) and now I just can't wait for it to finish.. it will probably take slightly more than a month :( lucky i'm on a semester break. I'm using it with the matching conditioner and both are not moisturizing enough. In fact my hair is really dry now and gets puffy the whole day, by the end of it some strands at the back will turn frizzy and tangled. I have to constantly apply oil to maintain (Davines Absolute Beautifying Potion: the only Davines product I love) but it's still puffy everyday :( The shampoo doesn't work well with my hair mask too (l'occitane repairing mask). I love the idea of using recyclable bottles/ containers but I'm not going to repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Kind of average shampoo. It does clean well and does not weight hair down, and the immediate after effect is nice, especially together with Momo conditioner, but after a couple weeks it builds up heavily and since it has harsh surfactants in it, it ruins scalp. It also "pulls" out a ton of hair, my HG shampoo (Alterna Caviar Moisture) leaves less than 10 hairs in the drain... Momo manages to get out a lot more, it would be a bit obsessive to actually count, but I'd guesstimate at least 50. It's probably ok to use this and the Momo conditioner for some special event, since the instant effect is nice due to all the silicones, using both hair IS very soft, feels moisturized, detangled, glossy and resistant to static and very manageable in general. Gets a couple positive comments on the glossiness! It does not however win any points when it comes to long-term use, I'd go as far and say it's damaging on the long run due the massive hair fall it causes and it has zero ingredients in it that would do something good for maintaining hair/scalp health.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok shampoo but left my hair very very gummy. Not hydrating enough for hair that is "dry and damaged" which is what this product is supposed to be for. Stay away if that is YOUR hair type.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Jennifer22309

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this after i got my long awaited hair cut from my stylist. When i first put it in my hair it didnt lather, which ive never used a shampoo that didnt bubble up. So i was a little skeptical about it at first.
I followed with the conditioner, and my hair felt like silk..Airy, Silky and bouncy. it was great! I havnt used it alone, and i dont think i would like to. My hair never felt so soft and pretty!
I just ordered a bottle and conditioner =)
It is pricey at the salon, so i suggest looking online i literally found a duo $20 cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by bluemymind99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

There are only two shampoos that have ever had an immediate affect on my hair: Barex Gloss (love!) and this garbage. I thought that nothing could be too moisturizing for my fine, very dry hair. I was wrong. So wrong! I gave this shampoo a fair trial of two weeks, during which I had the 14 worst hair days of my life. My hair was flat, lifeless, and unmanageable. I had to keep it in a ponytail. The sweet green smell is nauseating, and it took nearly a palm full to work up a decent lather. I have a bob, a very short bob.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Tina68

I use this with its matching conditioner. I like the results when the products are used together. Before I bought the shampoo the SA warned me it's low-lathering,but suggested I wash first, rinse and wash again for more lather. This is what I do. I need later in my shampoo. You don't need a lot, a quarter-size is sufficient for my thick, coarse, curly hair. It has a pleasant scent, rinses well and I've not had any roughness or knots. And unlike it's conditoner, it comes in a fliptop bottle which is easy to use. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 7:26:00 AM More reviews by Loveleen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great shampoo, and it belongs to the ‘Essential Hair Care’ line from Davines. I have hair that has been bleached and striped lighter multiple times, so you can say that it from time to time is both dry and brittle, but this shampoo both smoothens and strengthens my hair. I usually use it together with the Wella Sp Repair shampoo, which works great. This product does not have the typical perfumed scent that many shampoos have, and that may be weird to some, but this shampoo smells clean and natural. You really get the feeling that this is a good product for your hair, as it thoroughly cleanses your hair in a more natural way than most other shampoos. I also like this product’s packaging, the bottle seems solid, and it’s easy to open without spilling too much shampoo. I have actually reused the sample bottles from Davines for several years now, and they are still as nice as when I first received them.

At last I would like to point out that I appreciate the fact that Davines is an eco-friendly brand, and that sustainable beauty is their main focus.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. I have quite dry, chemically-treated, thick, coarse, curly hair and have been trying to find a legitimately non-stripping shampoo for ages. This is great. I've finally settled into a steady once per week wash routine (so I don't mind the cost, because it will last me forever) and it honestly feels fantastic after washing, even before I use my rinse-off condish: smooth, detangled, soft, moisturized. Very low lather, the smell is divine, packaging is minimalist and very cute. For reference, I was previously using Kerastase BS3 and had grown very . . . meh . . . about it. This surpasses the BS3 by *leagues*. Would / will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by macbook313

I'm loving this right now. It makes my hair really shiny and brings out my highlights. My hair is quite dry and this really does a great job bringing moisture back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2008 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

The package is very simple. Nice smell. It cleans very well and makes a little lather. It moisturizes my dehydrated (kinda fried) hair and leaves it very soft and brilliant. I have had many compliments on my hair since i started to use the line. Not as expensive as i was thinking. Great products. Def repurchase!