October 24, 2014 | 1060 users online

Lip Gloss - Clinique - Glosswear in Shy Beige

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2007 4:52:00 AM More reviews by beetee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've lost count of how many times I've bought this gloss. I wear it just about every day and I never tire of it. It's just the right neutral colour and not too shimmery for me. But I mainly use it under other lipsticks, in particulary Creamy Nude and Perfect Beige (both Clinque as well), because it I like the effect it gives. I'm not keen on a too shimmery lipstick nor do I like one that's flat. By layering the 2 together if comes off just right.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2006 10:41:00 PM More reviews by sasxo76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This gloss is one of my regulars. I love the texture of Glosswears. They are smooth with just the perfect amount of stickiness for me. I use 'Whisper' sometimes, but I like Shy Beige for it's neutral undertone. It shows up like a clear gloss with a silvery-beige shimmer. It glows!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2006 6:16:00 PM More reviews by fabae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this gloss! Yes, you don't see much color, but the shimmer is the perfect amount. I use it when I'm going for the smoky eyes/nude lips look. Really pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2006 2:30:00 AM More reviews by KerissaMarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I buy this for all of my friends! It's one of those colors that looks SO good on EVERYONE. It's sticky like any lip gloss, but pleasant to wear. It looks so understated and naturally pretty, it's definitely an HG for me. LOVE this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2005 1:30:00 PM More reviews by maret81

This one really grew on me. I got this as a GWP with a double stick gloss with shy beige and black honey. At first i didn't like either one, but now i use shy beige almost everyday. Looks natural, but still fabolous :) I find it somewhat moisturizing as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2005 1:33:00 PM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I went through two tubes of Clinique's 'whisper' and thought it was a great color to put on top of lipsticks. It provides a delicious but not overpowering sheen and is pretty fun for anyone who likes to customize her own colors. I like it a lot more than 'air kiss' or 'whisper' because its undertone is beige, not pink or purple. Pink glosses, when layered on top of another color, have the tendency to turn my lips darker or purple. But beige blends well with a stronger color and adds shimmer in non-obstrusive ways. Also, the gloss is moisturizing and lasts a long time (still can't beat the lip lacquer though). I only retired it because I got a bit bored with layering lip colors and wanted something that's strong enough to stand alone, but I would definitely go back to it once I have time to layer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2005 3:37:00 AM More reviews by hersheykiss1313

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not much to say. Great basic nude, wish it stayed on longer. I don't love the smell, but I can tolerate it b/c i love the color.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2005 3:09:00 PM More reviews by samster1093

Nice, but a little too frosty on me... If i could give this 3.5 lippies i would. In the tube, it looks like a nude, very pale pinky-beige.. on me, it looks like white shimmer. It's a shame, but it looks beautiful paired with a darker, richer gloss. Love the Clinique texture, and the chemical smell is tolerable. However, I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2005 5:57:00 PM More reviews by lovermac

This works well to tone down colours that are too dark. It is nice alone as well if you just want a light gloss. Nice texture to this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2005 5:50:00 PM More reviews by shortgirl

this shows up on my lips like a clear gloss with the slightest hint of shimmer which disappointed me b/c i thought it would look like a pale gloss with shimmer. aside from being disappointed in the color, i have to say it had decent staying power and didn't feel sticky or tacky in any way. its not a total disappointment, as its useful in layering over lipsticks that i want to have a glossy look with and not change the actual color of, but i definitely won't repurchase.