November 22, 2014 | 1845 users online

Mascara - Mally Beauty - Volumizing Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by beautyllush

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a great volumizing mascara! i mostly use it on my lower lashes because i wear false lashes all the time. it doesn't smudge all over my eyes and make me look like a raccoon, so that's always nice to know. it has a more glossy finish so appears to look more like real hair (i guess that's the idea). overall, i would definitely repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by JasmineJones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this! With this mascara it is about building it with coats, I put on 3 to 4 coats daily and it lasted me 3 months and a week!!! Sooooo worth the price! It lengthened, separated, and volumized my lashes amazingly!!! Wait till each coat drys and then put on another, best part.... If I am going out later that night I can just add another coat if I want! Lashes are soft not crispy and stays put amazingly, yet comes off easily when I wash my face! Can't say enough good things about this mascara!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

I really love this mascara. After being disappointed with Benefit's mascaras, a salesperson at Ulta recommended this. Love it! It is certainly volumizing and does not clump or give me spider-leg-eyelashes. Best of all, it looks natural and doesn't make me look like I am wearing tons of mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by piccolamandorla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this mascara. It's a bit wet going on, but that's what i wanted because you can hold your lashes up while they dry or re-curl them to really smoosh it into the base of your lashes and hold a curl. It is smudge and smear proof once dry; I'm fairly greasy and have long lashes and most mascaras leave me with the "lash dots" on my lids or straight smudges after a few hours. The only thing I really don't like about this is the packaging! The mascara pools around the top is the tube and gets EVERYWHERE! Not to mention the amount of product that gets wasted! Other than that, it's awesome...as long as it never leaves your vanity, it's a total winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Silverfox7

I love this mascara. It definitely lengthens and adds volume and does not smudge on my lower lash line. A lot of reviewers indicate that this is a wet formula, but I find it to be a little on the dry side, which is the reason I love it so much. I like the brush, no fancy "ball" or strange flexing going on, just a nice fat brush. It lasts on me all day and does not flake. I still like to try new mascaras, but this is the one I always return to.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Purplegal

There are a lot of mixed reviews on this mascara and I have mixed feelings about it :-). I have been using it for about 45 days and feel like this is enough time to write a review.

First, lets talk about the bad. #1 - I am not a fan of the packaging. When you remove the wand from the tube, a lot of excess mascara accumulates at the top of the wand and as you remove it, the mascara spills over the top of the tube, making it very messy. I am constantly cleaning the end of the tube. # 2 - It is a very wet formula. If you are a person who likes multiple coats, your application time is going to increase dramatically. I waited for a full 2 minutes, and it was still too wet for the second coat. #3 - The cost is a con for me. It really frustrates me to have to spend $20 on any make-up item that lasts less than 3 months.

Now, for the good. # 1 - The color is great, its very, very black and really makes your eyes stand out. #2 - It really, really thickens my lashes and adds length with just one coat. Previously, I would have had to apply 2 coats of other mascara brands to achieve the same effect. #3 - It doesn't flake even after a full 12 hour day of wear. # 4 - It doesn't smudge UNLESS your eye moisturizer is really greasy. If it is, be prepared for raccoon eyes! I learned this the hard way after moisturizing with maracuja oil and then seeing my reflection later that day. I switched to a cream eye moisturizer and haven't had the problem since. #5 - I think this tube will not dry out too quickly. After 45 days of use, its still just as wet as day one.

Overall, I do like the mascara. Its not perfect, but the pros for me, outweigh the cons. Its still not the perfect mascara I keep searching for, but I will repurchase. For reference, other mascaras I really like are Tarte Lights Camera Lashes and Benefit They're Real.

Good luck!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Dmysunshine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't waste your money. I've been dying to try this so I got the duo from QVC for $28. Does absolutely nothing for my eyelashes and it is so messy, clumpy wet mess on the brush every time you dip it. First and possibly last Mally product. I will stick with my Maybelline lots of lashes which is by far the best mascara I have ever used.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Yvetteski

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was a gift. Thank God I didn't spend my own $ on this. Smudge-prone and neither volumizing nor lengthening on my short, space lashes. I only put it on my upper lashes and it migrates below my eyes. How did this get a 4 average? Lemmings?

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by drawingasquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, I can't believe I'm saying this, but after purchasing at least five tubes of Maybelline The Falsies Flared, I've found a new HG mascara. And to think I originally thought I was not going to be into this!

Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara is unlike any other non-waterproof mascara I've tried, in that it doesn't make a total smudgy mess out of my lower lashline by midday. In fact, it doesn't even really make a mess when my eyes tear. It stays on until I take it off -- and it comes completely off with a couple of swipes with a makeup wipe and my regular face wash. Can't say that about The Falsies Flared.

This makes my lashes look like the ideal version of natural, maybe even a little better. A couple coats of this leaves my lashes looking long and full, and it does hold the curl pretty well. It's everything I'd want in a mascara, and I'll definitely repurchase.

My sole complaint is that when I initially tried to apply this, I ran into a bit of trouble. The formula for this mascara is a bit more wet than those I've used recently, so especially after opening a new tube, you may need to wait a minute before applying a second coat so as not to risk making a total mess out of your makeup. Also, the first couple of applications left me frustrated because the mascara clumped pretty easily. One I used it for about a week, though, I figured out how to work with the formula, and the clumping was no longer an issue. The result is worth it to me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Don't believe the hype. This pales in comparison to my new favorite, "Smokey Eye Mascara" by Bobbi Brown. My results were decent length but minimal volume. My lashes actually looked sparse. Pass on this one.