October 25, 2014 | 946 users online

Crème - Lancome - Maquicreme Infinite

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2008 3:47:00 AM More reviews by thedoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am not sure if this is available in the U.S/U.K, but my jar of this is made in Japan...this is especially formulated for Asian skin and possibly marketed in Asia only.

This is how the story goes: I ran out of my HG, Lacome Adaptive on vacation in Taiwan, and when I approached the Lancome counter at the department store, found out to my horror that they had discontinued the line. The counter guy recommended Maquicreme Infinite as a substitute and did a colour match for me (I am Asian and medium toned, using shade 01). Compared to Adaptive this has a higher SPF rating, SPF 15/PA++ to be precise. I wish it came in a pump-bottle like the rest of the Lancome foundations, which would be more portable & good for us on-the-go people...this comes in a jar and with a little spatula so you can 'dig' out the required amount of cream. Afterwards you can apply it either with your fingers or a sponge - I prefer fingers for more control.

I liked the way it felt at first, gliding on smoothly and blending very well with my skintone as promised (the box says 'its smooth and light texture melts easily into your natural complexion'). I have visible pores on my cheeks and this covered my blemishes quite well, though the coverage felt *very* slightly thinner than Adaptive. I set it with powder and went out afterwards quite happily...it kept quite matte for the whole day, but towards evening unhappily I could see my pores peeking through and some of the blemishes earlier hidden also visible under the foundation! I would wear this on short outings, but anything more and you will need to touch up, or reapply.

I would like to emphasise that this is not a bad foundation...and probably would be perfect for someone with combination skin, with a more even skin tone and *without* enlarged pores. As for me, I am still searching for something more suitable.