September 23, 2014 | 2069 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Raspberry Body Butter

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by LenaEveline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I came here to check if more people had the problem I am experiencing with this body butter; that it has a quite disgusting smell once applied. And indeed there are. Just as samiyyo said, it became a sour smell. It really makes me nauseous and I kept on smelling it a whole day. Also it is extremely sticky.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh man. I wish I had tested this out in the store before I bought it. I generally don't like actually using testers for the body butters at The Body Shop because the tubs seem a little scary and full of germs. However, I would definitely recommend doing that, at least a little bit and testing it on your skin.
To me, it does not smell the same on the skin as it does in the tub. In the tub it smells a lot like raspberries, however on the skin it loses the small bit of sweet smell and it turns into this weird sour wheat smell with a hint of plastic. Not appealing.
I mainly bought it because I really enjoy the raspberry and blueberry body scrubs and I figured I might as well pick this up since they're discontinuing those two scents and were therefore on sale.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this body butter smells like raspberry yogurt! It is rather dense in texture but never leaves the skin to greasy nor parched this hydrates my chronically dry skin well and the smell is heaven not sickly sweet or artificial which I hate.it is a true raspberry smell its a pity its limited edition its one of my favorites and will buy it again and again:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Looove this, apparently smells of yoghurt which I found out was correct as I hadnt had yoghurts for ages. The smell is delicious. It is not as rich as some of the body butters. It depends on what you like - I actually prefer this as I dont like something feeling too greasy.its still pretty thick though. I do wish they did them in smaller containers which would mean they took up less space and also would be heaper.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Angela74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased my body butter at a mall in Anchorage,Alaska while I was in town. I decided to use the lotion after a shower so that I would smell good for my flight home and when my fiance picked me up at the airport. I was in a rush to get ready and slathered the lotion on before I took a smell of it...big mistake.

I noticed throughout the day as I waited on my plane people would sniff and then look my way. When my fiance picked me up at the airport he asked if I had been drinking and said I smelled like old,stale cheap beer! I was going to post on the Body Shops website,but I don't see this item listed anymore.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by jenjenx2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this from one of those sales... $5 for a small tub. I think I may have bought an expired tub because mine honestly smells... Sour. Like it doesn't smell good at all. Sour and plasticy. I love all TBS scents (in love with papaya and lychee for the scent and moisture but mostly coconut and shea butter for moisture after a shower).
I need to find time to smell what the raspberry scent is "supposed" to smell like but then as per previous reviews, they don't make this scent as a staple anymore?
I use it on my feet at night.. Sour plasticy feet...luckily the scent fades after while

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Sraahz1

To my personal opinion this is a great body butter. This is the first body butter I bought from the body shop and by far I think it is the best I have. It has a really nice texture. It is really soft and it smells really good and feels like a yoghurt. Definitely worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

I have tried a ton of TBS's body butters and this is by far my favorite!! I'm so sad they don't have it as a regular anymore- but as many have said.. you can find at TJ Maxx, or I have also scored tubs at their semi-annual sales. As one reviewer described, it smells and feels like yogurt. So yummy! I typically like the body butters for "normal" skin since body butter is so rich to begin with-- these tend to absorb faster and do not leave behind a greasy feeling that I sometimes get with the ones made for "very dry" skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 4:27:00 AM More reviews by kitten14

I bought this at T.J. Maxx for something like k$6, which is much cheaper then I have paid for the other tubs I have from the store. I love this scent so much, it smells like real raspberries. I put it on and people were sniffing me and even I wanted to eat myself. It is a very good moisturizer too, all of the body butters are. I really like the strawberry one but the raspberry is just so delicious it is hard to decide which I like better. Too bad they don't still have this at the store, maybe I should have bought another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Summerbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

well what can i say about this amazing butter! it smells exactly like yogurt and moistures great on my arms and legs because they don't get dry. but i do prefer a more moisturing butter on my knees and elbows such as moringa, blueberry or mango! still a great buy go for it if in doubt!