The Body Shop Raspberry Body Butter

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Usually I LOVE The Body Shop body butters, I have had so many different scents over the years, however I really do not like this raspberry scent! I ordered it online on sale so didn't get to smell it beforehand, had I smelt it in the shop before I would definitely not have purchased this. It smells so weird and off to me, like other have said on here, it smells kind of yoghurty and sour, which is not a smell I personally like at all. This has got to be the worst smelling Body Shop scent I have ever smelt in any of their products.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

love it. love it. LOVE IT. I regret that I only bought 1, when I should've bought like 30 million lol.

I came here to check if more people had the problem I am experiencing with this body butter; that it has a quite disgusting smell once applied. And indeed there are. Just as samiyyo said, it became a sour smell. It really makes me nauseous and I kept on smelling it a whole day. Also it is extremely sticky.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Oh man. I wish I had tested this out in the store before I bought it. I generally don't like actually using testers for the body butters at The Body Shop because the tubs seem a little scary and full of germs. However, I would definitely recommend doing that, at least a little bit and testing it on your skin.
To me, it does not smell the same on the skin as it does in the tub. In the tub it smells a lot like raspberries, however on the skin it loses the small bit of sweet smell and it turns into this weird sour wheat smell with a hint of plastic. Not appealing.
I mainly bought it because I really enjoy the raspberry and blueberry body scrubs and I figured I might as well pick this up since they're discontinuing those two scents and were therefore on sale.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love this body butter smells like raspberry yogurt! It is rather dense in texture but never leaves the skin to greasy nor parched this hydrates my chronically dry skin well and the smell is heaven not sickly sweet or artificial which I hate.it is a true raspberry smell its a pity its limited edition its one of my favorites and will buy it again and again:)

Looove this, apparently smells of yoghurt which I found out was correct as I hadnt had yoghurts for ages. The smell is delicious. It is not as rich as some of the body butters. It depends on what you like - I actually prefer this as I dont like something feeling too greasy.its still pretty thick though. I do wish they did them in smaller containers which would mean they took up less space and also would be heaper.

I purchased my body butter at a mall in Anchorage,Alaska while I was in town. I decided to use the lotion after a shower so that I would smell good for my flight home and when my fiance picked me up at the airport. I was in a rush to get ready and slathered the lotion on before I took a smell of it...big mistake.

I noticed throughout the day as I waited on my plane people would sniff and then look my way. When my fiance picked me up at the airport he asked if I had been drinking and said I smelled like old,stale cheap beer! I was going to post on the Body Shops website,but I don't see this item listed anymore.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this from one of those sales... $5 for a small tub. I think I may have bought an expired tub because mine honestly smells... Sour. Like it doesn't smell good at all. Sour and plasticy. I love all TBS scents (in love with papaya and lychee for the scent and moisture but mostly coconut and shea butter for moisture after a shower).
I need to find time to smell what the raspberry scent is "supposed" to smell like but then as per previous reviews, they don't make this scent as a staple anymore?
I use it on my feet at night.. Sour plasticy feet...luckily the scent fades after while

To my personal opinion this is a great body butter. This is the first body butter I bought from the body shop and by far I think it is the best I have. It has a really nice texture. It is really soft and it smells really good and feels like a yoghurt. Definitely worth the money!

I have tried a ton of TBS's body butters and this is by far my favorite!! I'm so sad they don't have it as a regular anymore- but as many have said.. you can find at TJ Maxx, or I have also scored tubs at their semi-annual sales. As one reviewer described, it smells and feels like yogurt. So yummy! I typically like the body butters for "normal" skin since body butter is so rich to begin with-- these tend to absorb faster and do not leave behind a greasy feeling that I sometimes get with the ones made for "very dry" skin.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products