December 19, 2014 | 1305 users online

Self Tanners - Face of Australia - Bronzer Tinted Tanning Gel

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by tanna83

after trying a couple of high end brands in similar format I keep going back to this cheapy! the only con I can think of is the colour can be a little orangey with too many coats but otherwise ticks all boxes - applies evenly (using a mitt), has a decent amount of bronzer in it, I literally use this as a instant bronzer as well before going out and it never fails, dries so quick and isn't tacky at all

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Kathryn9

I tried the gel, and I guess I should have tried the spray instead, since everyone is saying good things about the spray. The gel did not sink into my skin and left a really patchy application. I had to wash it off it was so bad. Luckily I got this on sale for $5 so it wasn't too much of a waste. But I think its going straight into the bin sadly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by emmgill

This is for the tanning spray. I used it today and it does produce a lovely even color. BUT while I was doing it I felt like I inhaled half the bottle while doing it. I felt sick afterwards. This cannot be good for you. I have tried the gel before and i didn't like it. So I will purchase the muses tomorrow and try it. The spray bottle is in the bin!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Stylemummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the 'Streak Free Tanning Spray".
This product definately lives up to its name - it gives me a very even, very natural, streak-free tan. 10/10 for natural/believable colour! It is a tinted formula so you can see where it has been applied. I prefer not to get any fake tan on the problem areas of my legs (knees/ankles/toes) so I always wear short anklet socks and put a thick moisturiser on my knees (and elbows). I apply this in the shower and it doesn't leave a huge mess like some tinted sprays can (dark bath mat placed on shower floor & residue rinsed off tiles with water once I finish application). I blend the product in (wearing disposable gloves) and instantly, I have a very even glow all over. The smell is not overwhelming and the product doesn't stain my clothes/bedsheets. All huge pluses!! The colour is perfect! I use this once a week during summer and the Natio Gradual Tanning Lotion daily and my skin remains soft and even until I exfoliate in preparation for the next application. I usually get approx 3 applications out of one can, so for $9AUD this is excellent value for money. The result is as good as any professional salon spray tan I have tried so I will definately continue repurchasing! I have tried many self-tanning products over the years and I think I have finally found my winning formula - this and the Natio Gradual Tanning Lotion. For a small price and very little effort, I have a lovely light tan and healthy skin. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 7:18:00 AM More reviews by nicky210473

I use the spray rather than the gel, the spray goes on evenly and as a self tan junkie I have tried just about every self tan around. This one is my favorite as it's easy to apply, dries straight away and leaves a gorgeous colour. Well worth it's money at only $8.95 AU in priceline.

I have had countless compliments on my skin colour with this product.

The only gripe I have with this is that you need to moisturise after as after a few applications it dries out your skin.

I buy this all the time and would never go back to get another type again!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2008 12:42:00 AM More reviews by asabo

I purchased this self tanning bronzer gel at Priceline. This idea of the tinted gel is that you get an instant tan and you know where you've applied. The colour of the tint is quite realistic - it's a dark brown with a hint of green, to avoid the yucky orange fake tan colour. However, the gel is so thick and slow drying that a small amount on an area applies streaky and takes forever to dry so that when you touch it a while later the gel/colour still moves around and gets even more streaky. It never seems to be absorbed fully by the skin. The smell is meant to be 'unpleasant' but my friend commented when I was wearing it that it smelt like burnt rubber! For it's price it does an ok job at actually tanning the skin and gives a moderately dark tan but it's definitely best to save the application for night at home and avoid being seen with the streaky tint during the day.