April 17, 2014 | 1484 users online

Eye Shadow - Kat Von D - Metal Orchestra Palette

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by girlraven

the quality is very powdery to me I much prefer UD eyeshadows over these. The packaging is nice though

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by dyingforyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

i love everything about blue eye shadow so when i first saw this, i had to have it. i finally got my hands on it over the summer and i've been hooked since! the pigmentation on the shadows are amazing and you only need a little bit to go a long way. they're very soft and easily blendable, and i just love the colors and quality of this palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by derek2513

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is really quality product , i would love to buy it again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by ashleylenore

I love this palette! I have had it for several years and when I wear the colors they still look as vibrant as they did when I purchased it. I have blonde hair and blue eyes so I feel like I can really blend the blues out during the day and I can go smokey with the eyes at night. Sure, like anything, you can go overboard with this and end up looking like a hooker from a 80's go go club. I find this eyeshadow to go on very smooth with brushes, and it is super easy to blend. I own a few of these palettes and I really really love them.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by AmandaPayge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this. I got it yesterday to complete my Kat Von D collection and I am very happy with it. I am not overly fond of blue shadows but these are very blendable and look fantastic with the silver and pewters. I know reviewers of other palettes weren't happy about another matte black but personally, I like having one in each palette. It keeps me from having to look for a black in other palettes which I would have to do because black is a staple I use daily. Lucifer is one of the best blacks I've ever tried so I love it. The only complaint I have - and the reason for the loss of a lippie - is the Slayer cream. I was super excited about having that dazzling silver cream to use as a highlighter! I was even openminded enough to expect it to dry out in a few weeks, but I never got to wear it even once! It came out of the box hard and crumbly. I did get this from an online order at Sephora.com so if you purchase in the store you can check this out yourself and maybe get a little use out of the creams while they're still new and lovely. *Sigh* Overall, I love it and would say it's my second favorite Kat palette, the first being Poetica.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by FiendGirl138

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have two of her palettes, and they are great! Love the pigmentation and they apply like silk. Her matte black, Lucifer(um, can you say trying too hard?!) is great. Its the color I reach for over Mac Carbon bc I feel its blacker and blends better. The packaging of her palettes is very high end:sturdy, well made and gorgeous. Even the outer box is pretty and fun to open. It also came wrapped in tissue with a little star sticker. I know it all gets tossed, but for this price point, I have seen so much worse. Her packaging is a nice unexpected treat that makes me feel edgy and luxe at the same time! Haha! I love the spring hinge and the satisfying click I get when I close it! The colors she puts together are cool and functional. Highly recommend you give these a try, especially if you like MAC shadows like I do.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

So, the packaging is exquisite... I almost didn't want to take off the tissue paper and seal, and the trifold box is very fun... however, this palette is not worth it, even through I got it on sale at $24. The cream shadow bases were very dry, and had alot of shimmer fall out. I am NW10 with blue eyes, and I thought these colors would look alot better on me than they did in real life. Also, the pigmentation was good, but the creamyness of the shadows was ok, I guess I have been spoiled after MAC's shadow palette. Was just not up to par for me to keep it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by gramsdarling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on sale for $24 at Sephora inside the JC Penney. Original price is $34, so I saved some money.

The smoky eye is my staple, so I'm always on the lookout for dark shimmery shades. I love the colors in this palette, but the shimmer does fade as others have pointed out. However, that's not a problem for me, because I use MAC pigment in Vanilla to dust on top of any shadow I use. It keeps my shadow shimmery. The creamy silver shadow wasn't dried out for me like it was for some of the girls, and I've used it for the inner corner of my eyes, it looks nice.

I also use foundation on my eyelids before applying eyeshadow, this helps the eyeshadow to adhere to the skin and it stays put.

Overall, I think that this palette is great for those who regularly do a smoky eye. The pigment is great, and it lasts. The packaging is a but on the goth side, which I don't mind. I would purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 More reviews by kathrynb23

**MASSIVE SIGH** Oh how I would love to love these Kat Von D Palettes. I literally had to jump through hoops to get these brought here to Australia, which makes the disappointment unbearable!
Okay! I honestly had NO IDEA these came with 1 cream shadow which was a pleasant suprise in the OH SO GORGEOUS palette.
The beautiful shades of blues and silvers/grey just stunning, but it all goes down hill from there. Dagger which is the colour to the left of Lucifer, soo beautiful in the pan (to me it looks like a dark ash grey with intense blue shimmer), on my NC30 skin tones, look like a dirty ash.
Again just like my Ludwig Palette, poor pigmentation! Which evidently leads to poor durability!
The cream shadow, on my palette, is almost completely dry making it impossible to apply. Anyone who knows how to salvage it please do let me know, the cream shadow in my True Love Palette is also the same, soo I'm suspecting, its not a one off thing.
There is shimmer in every single colour except for Lucifer which is a matte black in the middle of the palette. Of all the shimmer colour except for the cream shadow, the shimmer will fade in a heart beat leaving only the dull colour behind. Usually I have a problem with the shimmer not fading etc, with these shadow after about 3 hours after you manage to pack enough colour on, the shimmer will fade, leaving you with just basically a dull coloured shadow. Its the FIRST shadow that I've ever experienced in my whole entirely life thats done that.
I cant find much to rave about Kat Von D's Palette at the moment, I've got 3 and have been disappointment with ALL of them, if I was living in the USA, these for sure would be returned.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 4:27:00 AM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I will admit, at first...I was a HUGE skeptic to the Kat Von D palettes. I didn't really like her at all & would always walk past the display at Sephora. After browsing reviews on MUA, I decided to give them a go. What an awesome surprise these were. I actually missed Metal Orchestra the first time it was released & was SO happy when they came out with it again. These palettes are a great deal considering how awesome the shadows are. The cream shadows are pretty useless, though, so I knocked off a lippie for that. They tend to dry up WAY too fast & I don't really bother with reviving them. I also think the brushes provided are pretty useless, too, but I have a decent collection & wasn't too worried about tossing those.

ANYWAYS. Onto this actual palette. Metal Orchestra is an awesome blue-smokey palette that is perfect for any clubbing or smokey look. I generally don't wear blues, but these fit together so nicely. The shadows are easy to wear, easy to blend & apply nicely. There is some fall off & with everything, I would suggest a primer & possibly a coloured base as well. Lucifer is also a really awesome black & completes the palette for sure. I would definitely suggest getting your hands on this!