Cover Girl Outlast Lipstain (All)

2.6

Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Polysorbate 80, PEG 150, Phenoxyethanol, Flavor, PVP, Potassium Sorbate, Triethanolamine, Acacia Senegal Gum, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Benzophenone 4, Sodium Saccharin, Propylparaben, Sodium Hyaluronate, May Contain: Red 28, Yellow 5, Red 33, Blue 1, Yellow 6, Red 40

This is the single worst lip product I have ever used. It costs about $10 at Walmart in Canada, and I bought it on sale for maybe around $6. I threw it out after attempting to use it a couple of times, but I think the colour I had was either Wild Berry Wink or Everbloom Kiss. It looks just like a marker, and you might as well just go to the stationery section and pick up a kids' Crayola marker. You'd end up with about the same results and wouldn't pay as much. The colour looks extremely uneven and splotchy, and just gets worse if you attempt to fill in the lighter patches. It defines every little line in your lips in a very unflattering way, and dries them out. Also, because it is a stain, it is so hard to get off! I have used many different drugstore products, and even the cheapest of NYC and Wet N Wild lipsticks performed much better than this.

on 1/22/2015 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is bad. When I started applying it for the first time I was like "Whoa, this doesn't feel too pleasant on my lips." The color was stronger and more vibrant when I first got it since it was obviously new. So I was like okay, let me just see how long it lasts. It didn't last at all. After having it for a while, the color seems to not come out as much. It's like using a marker running out of ink against my lips and it leaves them very drying. I've read that this product is best if you use something else over it, but eh. Never buying again. Also it's pretty pricey.

I've been really surprised to read all of these bad reviews for this lip stain! I've got it in shade 425 and I absolutely LOVE it. It stays on well on my lips (generally 2-3 hours. Nothing and I mean nothing stays on my lips longer than 3 hours anyway, despite what anyone says in their marketing campaigns); it doesn't dry my lips out at all - in fact my lips generally feel quite soft while I'm wearing the stain. My favourite thing to do is apply it just before bed and it will have sunk in amazingly by morning, then lasts at least half the day, so that works really nicely for me as well.

I got the stain on sale for about $7 and I would definitely, definitely buy this again in the different shades offered. My first foray into lipstains was with Revlon and this covergirl stain is SO much better.

on 7/6/2014 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I actually found this at Big Lots for just $2. Now I know why. This is TOO DRYING! Within a few minutes of applying, my lips were so dry they started to wrinkle! I had to apply chapstick, which made the lip stain last less than 2-3 hours. Definitely would not repurchase. I recommend NYC lip stain... A lot cheaper, and much less drying!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Please, DON'T waste your money! I bought this at Wal-Mart for a little over 7$ (which is way over-priced). The idea is nice, however CG didn't execute it well--at all. Within 2 applications, the marker had dried out, it DOESN'T last 24 hours, and me having dry lips, applying any type of lip balm removes it. My lips don't peel, however after wearing this for 2 hours I looked in the mirror, and I had lipstain "crumbs" everywhere. They also don't print the name of the color you use on the packaging, just on the safety seal, making it impossible for a reviewer of any sort to make a reference. DON'T buy this!

on 10/19/2013 4:13:00 PM

Terrible product. Omg I hate this so much. At first I liked it - I got one in the shade 427 (nude kiss I think) - cause the color was really natural and beautiful on the lips for an everyday look. The look of it otherwise, was so awful and it is so damn drying!!! Plus, it literally dry after two weeks in the package so much that it is irrecoverable! The application is also a bit odd cause it really feels like a felt pen (in a bad way). So, in short, this product is really awful and I would not pay a penny for it - and I paid this around 7 bucks! You can imagine the disappointment. I would not recommend this to anyone.

on 10/13/2013 7:31:00 AM

This was so bad. The marker end was too dry. I had to shake and shake to get product onto it every swipe. Once applied it was too drying, even with the balm, it was just dry under the balm, it didn't penetrate at all. For what it was, it's terribly overpriced. It didn't last any longer than .99 lipsticks I've bought for traveling. This makes me wonder if they've ever tested these products and under what conditions. For what this product is, it should be sold at a local dollar store.

on 9/26/2013 7:00:00 PM

This product is terrible. I love lip stains and am often rocking a red one so I decided to try it as an impulse but. Like other people said, its very drying, I had to put on Lip Medix after for mositure. Also, I found the stain sang in so quickly and it was hard to evenly distribute on both lips. I had alot more on my bottom lip and it can look very blotchy. I'll stick with my REDS and Blotting.

on 8/17/2013 12:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Although there are some things wrong with these lipstains, I do like them. I own 420, a pink-y berry, and 435 (my favorite!), a reddish pink. The color is nice even with one layer, but you must layer this on in order to get it to stay. This product can accentuate dry patches; however I have found that this is generally not the case, especially if I exfoliate my lips, and I try to counteract any patches if needed with a clear lip balm after this dries. I just really like that it's easy and matte. if you eat, this fades, at least in my experience. The color 435 is really nice. This also smells quite delicious; it has a sweet smell that I can't quite describe. Possibly cherry? CoverGirl's prices are too high for the quality of their products, however.
If I run out of this, especially in 435, I will most likely repurchase!

on 8/9/2013 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

These were my first lip stains! Since I had no other lip stain I didn't really have high standards for them. I picked up 440, kind of a soft cherry red.I have to say, I was not very good at picking out everyday colors. Now looking back, it didn't last that long. I also have lipstain in 400. It's a soft baby pink like color. They both kind of smell fruity.I got them for $7.84 at Walmart. They are actually very drying. I will not repurchase, but as my first stain I was sort of disappointed after trying some better stains.