NYX Lip Smacking Fun Colors #601 Castle

Price: $

on 11/28/2013 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a very pretty light-to-medium ( depending on your natural lip color) lilac shade. It's got some frost to it, but not extreme. It goes on smooth & feels creamy & is non-drying. Not the best lasting power, but for the price, I'm not going to complain too much. At least it wears off evenly, and doesn't leave that obnoxious lip-liner looking ring around the edges of my lips.
I liked it so much I ended up getting a back up next time I went to Ulta.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The packaging on this lipstick was misleading for me. The bottom of the tube was colored a pinkish mauve, but it is actually a frosty light purple. Yuck. It does not work with my skin tone at all. I wish I could return the product. I'm usually totally satisfied with NYX products, so this one caught me off-guard.

on 11/24/2012 3:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Really lovely unique color. I prefer to top this with a gloss. It feels really nice on the lips so I would consider wearing this alone and definitely would purchase more of their $4 lipsticks since all of my other lipsticks are all over $15. This doesn't sink into lines. Only bad thing would be since I'm use to high end lipsticks and the staying power for those are truly amazing as they last all day and withstand eating and drinking so this isn't all that great staying power but its non drying which evens out that down fall.

on 4/16/2012 3:36:00 PM

Oh, baby! I've been branching out, since almost all my lipsticks were the same pinky-beige range just in different brands. Since I went back to blue and purple hair, I decided to live it up with a lavender lipstick. This is a deeper lilac color with some shimmer, and on my pasty cool skin, it nrightens my complexion. Even my hisband, who dislikes all bright and unusual lipsticks, thought this "works perfectly in a strange way." It lasts quite a few hours with priming and a mlbb lip pencil and isnt drying
To my insanely flaky lips. The downside is it requires a soft hand in applying and two blots since its so creamy

on 9/10/2011 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very unique purple/dark lavander shade, it is so so creamy and it has a nice shiny finish. It doesn't look that great on fair skintones though. Like all NYX round lipsticks it has that lemony scent which is not my favorite but I don't mind it. The staying power is from 2 to 3 hours. I'm happy with the packaging too, for two dollars it's pretty great.

on 8/5/2011 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

love this light purple color, it's not obnoxious and not too bright

on 4/9/2011 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Weird purple with a cheap blink blink. I can't believe I lost my money for this rubbish. It's not that nice and smooth, I always like and wear something blink-had lots of blink in my inventory, but this is not ok for me. Make me look oldder than the same. T^T

on 1/28/2011 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I Love this lipstick because it is so creamy and the color that i bought reminds me of Nicki Minaj 's signature pink lipstick. The color I purchased is Narcissus.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Okay so Ive heard many great things about these lipsticks so I ordered two of them; Castle and Christie and I must say that these lipsticks are very good and dirt cheap, you can not beat that. The Castle is a lilac/purple color which is very similar to my Mac Pro Long Wear Lipcream in "Goes and Goes" and lasts just as long. The lipsticks are very creamy, goes on smoothly, not sticky at all, and lasted for hours until I ate. I put my Mac Steppin out Dazzle glass over it to make it pop and last longer I only had to reapply once and that was after I ate. I would def buy these lipsticks again.

on 11/7/2010 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I would have to say this is more of a dupe for Mac Lavender Whip than Nyx Power. The only thing is that it could go on deeper in color than LW, so just apply it kind of light, but it really doesnt matter, you still will get the same outcome as you would get with LW. I love doing my black version of the malibu barbie. This lipstick is perfect in achieving this look. It is a light smokey purple, looks great on tan and bronzed skintones, especially with black hair.

Popular Lipsticks