August 22, 2014 | 1059 users online

Conditioner - Alaffia - Coconut & Shea Daily Hydrating Conditioner

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Annaksza

This product is probably great for very, very dry hair. Even so, I think a weekly virgin unfiltered organic coconut oil routine for over an hour in the hair (while you relax with a mask on or something) is better if your hair is dry.

The consistency once it goes onto hair seems very slick and like hair doesn't like to absorb it. Thus, it also isn't a great detangler. My hair doesn't seem to like it or drink it up in any way. It feels more like something is sitting on the surface and if you like good clarifying properties in a shampoo, you'll know what I mean.

It doesn't seem to help split ends. It's likely the cause of a few scalp pimples which I seldomly, very seldomly, get.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gross. The first time I used this (shampoo and conditioner together) I knew it wouldn't be lathery or slick like regular shampoo and conditioner full of chemicals. But it made my hair so tangled and messy and I couldn't even get the product down to my scalp. It was just a coated gross mess. While in the shower it felt like I hadn't washed my hair in weeks, just after washing. After getting out and letting it air dry it actually felt super soft and nice, but very heavy. It got very greasy faster than ever, in less than a day. I decided to use it again 2 days later and same thing, except my hair didn't look nice this time. It was all poofy and fuzzy on the ends. Had to return this, it just didn't work.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by shannonannagins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My hair is thick, wavy, fine, long, and dry. It is not, however, damaged, so I don't need a conditioner with protein, and this fits the bill. It's very hydrating, but it doesn't build up in my hair over time, because it contains no cones and no protein. This has surprisingly good slip.

Also, it smells like a mixture of lavender and coconut in the shower, but as it dries it just smells of coconut. It's soooo nice. Not like the fake coconut scent in sunscreens and herbal essences. Like real coconut. (Because it has coconut oil in it....heh heh.) I find myself sniffing my hair often through the next day.

My only complaint is the price point. I'm cheap, this condition isn't. It's about a dollar an ounce. The good thing is, though my hair is well past mid back length, I only need about a silver dollar-sized squirt of this stuff. (With other conditioners, I've had to use handfuls to get through my hair, which tangles easily.)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by mo98103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Smells great, works nicely as a light conditioner and detangler for my long, oily and thick hair. Love this local NW company - some of the products are truly exceptional, especially at this price. This is a little too thick for the heavy weight bottle, but has a flat cap and can be stored upside down. Great alternative to my beloved but chemical ridden and expensive Kiehl's Formula 133.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

This is a good conditioner, nice ingredients and hydrating. But i have to leave it in my hair to achieve the full hydration. if i only leave in in for a while in the shower and then rinse then my hair doesn't feel very hydrated. And i feel like you have to use a lot to get the soft feel. but it does detangle well and doesn't have the crazy smell like the hair lotion does. Also you only get 8 oz. for about 11 bucks so thats not really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by nouns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

They got rid of the sulfates!

Lemongrass** (cymbopogon citratus) infusion (aqueous), vegetable glycerin, behentrimonium chloride (and) cetearyl alcohol, shea butter* (butyrospermum parkii), virgin coconut (cocos nucifera) oil**, panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), vegetable emulsifying wax, hydrolyzed wheat protein, potassium sorbate, lavender essential oil, fragrance, citric acid.

just got a pixie cut and I needed a bit more moisture to weight it down (with the heavier hair gone), so I picked up a bottle of this conditioner at Whole Foods. I haven't used products with silicones or other synthetic ingredients for a while, so I didn't have any detox period, and so far, my hair loves this stuff!

It smells delicious, has really good slip, and makes my coarse hair soft! It also really brought out my curls.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2008 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Treasa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Purchased this directly from the company because my local Whole foods did not carry. This and the shampoo including s&h cost $30 and arrived very quickly. I received it yesterday. tried it today and it seems good but too early to give a realistic review so i will update in a week or so.
Ingredients:Lemongrass, Vegetable glycerin, Behentrimonium methosulfate and cetearyl alcohol, shea butter, , Virgin coconut oil, Panthenol, , Vegetable emulsifying wax, hydrolyzed wheat protein, potassium sorbate, lavender essential oil, fragrance, citric acid.
Alaffia,s webside should be better and list all the ingredients in their products.
I didnt realise when i purchased that this has a quaternary-Behentrimonium methosulfate and also it has lavender, both of which i have problems with(both cause my eczema to flare).
This did nothing for my hair-i used it with the shampoo(very drying) and have decided after using it two days in a row that it is not worth contuining with. Incredibly dissapointed in this product-waste of money