October 21, 2014 | 1194 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Monogram Sheerspark Pressed Powder in Old English

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by jackieiscandy

I have decided to rewrite my review since I found this powder can work pretty well as a crease color in the daily make up - I just can't bare to have that pretty looking thing lying in my draw.

Well, yes it is still very hard to be picked up and shows up the color that strong, while if you just want to add a little color in your eyelid I think it is just enough. I usually use the mac 224, dip it into the powder and swirl, so it can pick up that amount of product to create the look. With a black thin eyeliner and one layer of mascara - black as well. It creates a bright look, and entirely wakes up your face. And I love it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 4:20:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Okay, let me start with saying that the package is beautiful, but that is the only nice thing I can say about the powder. The actual powder itself is SO freaking small for $26 dollars! It is smaller than a MAC Mineralize eyeshadow and only slightly bigger than a regualr MAC shadow. This makes it really hard to pick up color evenly on a brush because all the face brushes barely fit in the compact. The glitter in the is WAY too chunky, not classy looking at all. It is super-sheer and would not suffice as an eyeshadow at all. It you are going to spend money to get something out of this collection, get a Mystery Powder. At least those are good quality and worth the price tag. I am such a MAC girl and this was a hugh disappointment! I may even return it, that is how bad I hate this crap. PASS ON IT LADIES AND SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR THE DAME EDNA COLLECTION!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE (just about) all things MAC... but unfortunately, this Monogram Sheerspark PP in Old English gets very little love from moi. I have only tried this on the cheeks so far- not the eyes- and for that purpose, it was quite disappointing. The color is not bad (MAC describes as a "frosted light bronze with gold pearl"), but the texture of this powder is horrible, IMO. It reminds me of an Urban Decay eyeshadow called "Midnight Cowgirl" that I once owned and tossed in the trash. The texture of this Sheerspark PP is dry, sheer, and chunky-glittery. It is also very poorly pigmented, and not smooth and velvety like an expensive powder SHOULD BE. Because it is so dry and grainy, it makes blending extremely difficult. I tried applying this to the cheekbones both with a fingertip and a blush brush, and I wasn't successful either way. This left a sheer, uneven, bronze-glittery streak on my cheeks that I couldn't blend out naturally to save my life! Truly horrible, and shocking for a MAC powder product. The price I paid for this must have been strictly for the fancy packaging of this product (which is quite beautiful); but unfortunately, I didn't buy this for the impressive compact or the pretty shiny gold box it came in. For $26, I was expecting a quality highlighter, similar to a MSF or a BB Shimmerbrick. I would recommend that you save your money and avoid this product at all costs! It is not worth the $26 price tag- NOT AT ALL! Seriously, if you want a cheaper duplicate of this product, check out the UD glittery eyeshadows I mentioned above, and at least you will save yourself a couple of bucks...

UPDATE: Tried this on the eyes today... well, let me just say my earlier rating is justly deserved. This stuff didn't even show up on my lids- even though I packed it on! Trust me, don't waste your hard-earned money on this stuff. This is the first MAC product I ever bought online that I am actually going thru the effort to ship back! To me, it really is that useless. Sorry, MAC! continued >>