November 23, 2014 | 1548 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Alison Raffaele - Face Forward Acne Response Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by orchidmyst

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product totally defeats its purpose. After one use, it made me break out! I use silicon-based primers but this is the first time this has ever happened to me. The smell and the texture was horrible as well. There are way better products out there, don't waste your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2009 4:27:00 AM More reviews by soulsalsa7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

I no longer use this product for preference of trying to avoid using silicones in products. Though when I tried this about 7 months ago looking for the most natural face primer, it worked well and found that even with some of the ingredients, my skin did not break out. It left me with a velvet finish on my skin. My makeup stayed and extended the lasting power of the eyeliners and eyeshadows I wore.

The pump is well made, a tiny bit comes out in and that all you need to cover your face. It can be expensive to some, though it did last me about 5 months. Now I just use Jane Iredale's Facial Spray, gives my foundation a fresh dewy look for much less.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had SUCH high hopes for this primer especially after reading all the reviews here and elsewhere. It's advertised as a primer that actually helps with acne. I was so excited to try it as this was my last hope for wearing a primer that wouldn't break me out. I should have known better. Anyone who has acne-prone skin knows that silicone-based products cause breakouts and that is exactly what it did. I am so depressed. The first week I was in heaven. No breakouts....makeup looked amazing....and then about a week into using is..............probably the worst breakouts I have ever experienced. Every day I would come home and take my makeup off and 4-5 new pimples appeared. Unreal. So maybe primers are just not my thing. I wish I could find the HG primer for acne-prone skin/combination skin, but my search continues. Or maybe I need to find a good moisturizer as a base instead. My makeup will not look the same, but at least my breakouts will diminish.

UPDATE: I still continue to use this and I actually gave it one more lippie. I have used this primer ONLY on my nose and cheeks and forehead. The blemishes on my chin are going down and I have not noticed any more breakouts on my cheeks and nose. So we'll see how it goes. I will update again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 8:58:00 AM More reviews by shesaidleave

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Best primer I have used so far. Most of them break me out and give me cystic bumps. This has actually helped to clear up my skin! I still get a great velvety texture with spf and acne control. Fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by vivapandora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is consistently one of my favorite products, I always use it. I wish I could pick it up at a local store, but its availability is online only for me. :(

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I have just used this for the first time, but so far I am impressed.
My skin has been really irritated the last week; oily and bumpy and flaky from using some AHAs (strange for me, but maybe I used too much). Nothing has really calmed it down.
I tried this and instantly my skin looks more even in tone, texture & shine. Nice.
I couldnt give really high marks, because i just started. I will update after I have used it more.
I updated to 4 lips, I like this primer a lot. Best one I have ever used overall.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2008 2:37:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

This is a great find for my combo-prone to breakout skin! It doesn't feel oily or ball up on my skin like more silicone-laden primers, provides light moisture, yet protects the oily parts from breaking out with peptides. It also has an excellent titanium dioxide and zinc sunscreen. The pump bottle is very easy to use.